Author Topic: Saint Seiya TV Series Blu-ray!!  (Read 26275 times)

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
Re: Saint Seiya TV Series Blu-ray!!
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »
so no screens available i'm guessing?

when was his released anyways?
spoiler tag code
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]type here[/spoiler]

Ritsuka

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »
I don't know what everyone was expecting. Even if high quality masters, like the movies Discotek released, exist they will still look old. Personally, I think the Blu-Ray looks fine. Since the film is obviously old, it won't look brand new.

Those fansubs look nice. I recently downloaded the rest of the series, but I will gladly replace Poseidon and Asgard with better quality subs and visuals. My friend and I just finished the Sanctuary arc with the new DVD and I downloaded the rest so we could finish it instead of wait for someone to pick up the rest of the series and license it.

I'm glad you liked it! I hope we finish this project soon, because we're already consumed, manly Hoj, because he does everything. Timing, visuals, karaokes (at least those are already done for all songs which appears in the series), QC... It's a one-man work with me trying to help him.
I can't make promises about Asgard as a full revision (I like the Arc, but it's too long and sometimes tiresome), but at least expect for the whole saga better subs than the HK ones or just french ones translated by google without a single revision.
I will try to at least translate and revise my favourite episodes, like 91-94 about Syd and Bud and the one who tells the story of Siegfried. Hoj already said that he plans to translate episode 97 because it's the Poseidon character introduction. Since Hoj did the Poseidon Arc, it's me who will work with the Asgard Arc. I might be arbitrary, but I will try to take a look in all episodes and at least give a proper english revision + a small japanese revision (even if not the best one).
So, in the end, I think that even a work like this together with Hoj's beautiful encode will bring more than just a "bearable" experience, compared to Z-A encode (which is in every torrent you find) + HK subs.
I really expect that Crunchyroll could give an answer to us, but who knows?
I'm afraid to work with the whole loooong Arc and then someday CR releasing everything. Still, even if they do this, to reach to the Asgard point it will take quite a time, and we want to make our "final" release this year, so we will release the whole series in a way or another.

But, I have to agree with that:
Old stuff with film masters stand to gain the most from the HD transfer business.  

Not only Saint Seiya movies, but all Rumiko Takashi works that were remastered are a good example. Like Ranma and stuff. The DVD version was so bad.
I still need to watch the Yu Yu Hakusho remaster.

so no screens available i'm guessing?

when was his released anyways?

It's already released:

I searched on google even on Japanese with the "past hour filter" and nothing. Nobody showed a screen, neither talked about its quality.
Nothing yet as a sample on Nyaa, and nothing on AsianDVDClub.

It's tooooo early. But if it's an upscale I'm not really that anxious to watch anything, I just want to confirm things and know something about.

Ritsuka

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:12 PM »
Well, here is the same video with good quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQkHaf2Gg4 Just change to 1080p and see by yourself.

I guess the BD looks like this. It really looks better than the original -full of grainy- DVDs. When pausing at 1:00 you can notice that the sky is evenly blue without any grain on it. So yes, they upscaled AND applied filters. They had to do it to sell, or else it would be almost the same as playing the DVDs in a good Blu-ray player.

The strange part is this bad audio quality, but probably it will sounds better in the discs. Even the DVD have a better audio than this advertising.

However, judging from this other video, I have to say again that Hoj's new encode looks better.

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 05:59:23 PM »
Judging by what i saw in the video above it just looks like a really really nice upscale. Definetly better than the DVDs.
spoiler tag code

kensh1ro

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 03:39:07 AM »
The BD looks like what a BD of an older series should look like, in my opinion.
And I'm also looking forward to the fansub!

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »
From the Bluray!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 02:17:09 AM »
I just got my first Box today and I put the very first episode to check on the quality and I have to say that I am truly amazed! I totally recommend this and no Saint Seiya fan should not have this in their collection. I truly love it and anyone who says that the quality is bad they should check their eyes first...and let's not forget that this is an old show and trust me it's very clean...if I can I will post a sample video later but no promises.

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 03:45:50 AM »
please post screenshots!
spoiler tag code

Ritsuka

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 01:16:35 PM »
Please, kill my curiosity!
Since I said that I work in a fan-project, I'm really, really curious to see how the image looks.
I would really welcome a sample video, like few minutes from the first episode (preferable from the middle of an episode, and not just the opening), or something like this, without any kind of edition or filter on it.
Screenshots would be welcome as well, but since you mentioned about a sample video, please, do this!
I will be truly indebted and grateful to you!
I gave up about looking for screens or videos at Nyaa or AsianDVDClub, maybe it will take a month or so, so... saying it again, pleeeeease...!

Thank you again and sorry for the bother!  :shun+june:

Brentboy

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. I've been searching for some screenshots or videos of the bluray and have found a link on some french site of the blurays kinda.

Here's the link http://shonen-yo-eien-ni.blogspot.com/2014/06/saint-seiya-bluray-box-i.html

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2014, 08:35:01 PM »
If they are on the level of the movies BD, you got no complaints from me. That's the level I want. :)

Recently, I got Shin Cutey Honey on Bluray. It's fucking awesome!! XD

Newborn [ニューボン]

• Admin of SSF
  • Administrator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
    • Saint Seiya fan
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 11:27:06 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. I've been searching for some screenshots or videos of the bluray and have found a link on some french site of the blurays kinda.

Here's the link http://shonen-yo-eien-ni.blogspot.com/2014/06/saint-seiya-bluray-box-i.html

judging from these the quality looks pretty good.

btw does anyone know if these box sets include the hades chapter as well?
i would love that in HD
spoiler tag code

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 12:39:36 AM »
btw does anyone know if these box sets include the hades chapter as well?
i would love that in HD

Well, so far they announced only 2 Box sets...second one will be out on September 24th(which I also  pre-ordered) ..and it ends with the last episode of the 80s series, I don't know if they plan to release a 3rd box in the near future tho..

NJ_

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 04:06:38 AM »
Recently, I got Shin Cutey Honey on Bluray. It's fucking awesome!! XD

Really? How are they compared to ADV's old DVDs?

I have been curious about that set for a while since nobody has posted screencaps anywhere that I know of yet.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 04:20:39 AM »
Close to the Seiya movie BDs, great quality... :)