Poll

so who do you think it would win?

Mime
1 (14.3%)
Orphee
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Imaginary fight Mime VS Orpheť  (Read 5659 times)

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Imaginary fight Mime VS Orpheť
« on: March 13, 2014, 06:47:47 AM »
so who do you think it would win?

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:01:01 AM by Tetsu Aero »

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Imaginary fight Mime VS Orpheus
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:24:26 AM »
...When I clicked on this thread, I thought you meant Orpheus fighting an actual mime.

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Imaginary fight Mime VS Orpheť
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »
Orphee is as strong as gold saints.
Mime lost to a bronce saint with near-gold saint level.

So Orphee wins this fight.

Taco o' Tragedy

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • keepin' that pimp-hand strong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »
To be fair, Mime lost to Ikki of all people, and even then Ikki had to literally put everything in his arsenal and then some just to win. At the very least, I'd put him at mid-gold level. Plus it seems like Mime decided to throw the match after he had finally found peace about his past.

The way I see it, if Orphee manages to strike first, puts him to sleep and wraps up the fight quickly, he takes it. If Mime pulls himself out of slumber or even blocks it like Rhadamanthys did, I can see him beating Orphee.

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
With all do respect Mime as all God Warriors looked extremely powerful...more powerful than the Marinas in my opinion, meaning stronger than Gold Saints. That's how they looked to me.
Then we have Orphee who was said to have stronger Cosmo than any Gold Saint. Just because he was Silver Saint doesn't mean he was any weaker.

So umm... I think it's still uncertain who is more powerful, maybe they end up in a draw, they both look smart enough so they can't be outsmarted by the other. Depends who will make the first move etc etc, I can't give you a definite answer as there isn't really any.

By the way Ikki is a bad example to show Mime's power, don't forget that Ikki might have seen Mime's moves from a corner as he does always. If Ikki encountered Mime head on without knowing anything...would it turn out the same way?

Anyway you get my point, it's luck based, anything can happen they are both very powerful.

Saint Galgomon

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Half Saint Half Digimon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 04:21:46 PM »
Orphee is as strong as gold saints.
Mime lost to a bronce saint with near-gold saint level.

So Orphee wins this fight.

That comparison is bad since Mime is the first person who endured Nebula Storm (or was it Nebula Stream?), and you know.. only few people in Saint Seiya can survive that.. it's something.
Though assuming Orphee has awakened eight sense (he's alive in the underworld afterall), Orphee could just revive after he died.
Digital Saint, a saint that use Digimon armor as his cloth.

Aurora Execution!

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 05:02:54 PM »
(throw out manga timeline vs anime filler timeline) the god warriors lost to a whole buncha bronze saints in their v2 clothes. ganted, the clothes had been revived by the gold saints and the fab5's never turned them to gold yet and still beat the god warriors. the fab5 need to power up to gold levels (clothes turned bling) only for a brief moment and could not sustain it forever, meaning they are *CLOSE* to gold saints' level when they beat the shogun's. the fab5 beat the god warriors WITHOUT GOING BLING meaning that the god warriors are not even close to the gold saints nor the marina shogun's.

orphee, how he got to hell was unknown. he either awakened the 8th sense or hades just let him in. no one knows for sure. orphee was stated to be stronger than gold saints despite being a silver (hype or not, debatable, as both orphee and daidalos were both called/hyped to be gold saint level: aphrodite killed daidalos (manga).

so goin by this logic, orphee wins.

Orphee could just revive after he died.

8th sense gave you the ability to walk into hell as a live being. dying still makes you dead. he didnt revive after the tag team fight of seiya/orphee vs badassmanthys confirmed this :)
1. With all do respect Mime as all God Warriors looked extremely powerful...

2. If Ikki encountered Mime head on without knowing anything...would it turn out the same way?

1. unfortunately, the god warriors only *LOOKED* powerful. the fab5s didnt even go super sayajin, er, i mean turned gold when they beat em.

2. even without his usual recon strategy, ikki woulda still beat mime. for one he doesnt die, and he comes back stronger every time he revives (goku). and second, he beat aiacos without doin his recon, so yea, ikki would still beat mime regardless.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

aimc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 08:10:57 PM »
raigami, while I agree with you, i have to say one or two things about this:
(Anime) Aldebaran could have easily handled the situation against a God Warrior, except they were two against the saint , and that the other one was hiding.

This is what would happen if a low-tier Gold Saint faces a common "God Warrior":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qIpyeZzocQ

And about the other statement:

8th sense gave you the ability to walk into hell as a live being. dying still makes you dead. he didnt revive after the tag team fight of seiya/orphee vs badassmanthys confirmed this :)

What about Shaka being pulverised by AE, yet still walking in hell like nothing?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: Imaginary fight Mime VS Orpheé
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »

(throw out manga timeline vs anime filler timeline) the god warriors lost to a whole buncha bronze saints in their v2 clothes. ganted, the clothes had been revived by the gold saints and the fab5's never turned them to gold yet and still beat the god warriors. the fab5 need to power up to gold levels (clothes turned bling) only for a brief moment and could not sustain it forever, meaning they are *CLOSE* to gold saints' level when they beat the shogun's. the fab5 beat the god warriors WITHOUT GOING BLING meaning that the god warriors are not even close to the gold saints nor the marina shogun's.

Even so the Bronzes didn't struggle against the Marinas, they defeated them quite easily but with God Warriors they were most of the time...nearly dead. As for the bling part....did they really need it? it more of a show than anything else,yes for for just that brief moment. They did turn Gold again with their V3 armor on too when they were in a less difficult situation but whatever. You can also say that they didn't bling in Asgard Arc simply because TOEI did not know about the Poseidon Arc plot and stuff.
Shun struggled against Mime, Syd and Seigfried but won Sorrento easily(didn't even bling).

even without his usual recon strategy, ikki woulda still beat mime. for one he doesnt die, and he comes back stronger every time he revives (goku). and second, he beat aiacos without doin his recon, so yea, ikki would still beat mime regardless.

No, Ikki did his recon on the Judges...remember he jumped in when Minos was about to break Kanon like a twig. All 3 Judges ganged up Kanon. Ikki interrupted at the most crucial point why did he do that? because he got all the information that he wanted and to save Kanon of course. Even with the information he still had a hard time to defeat the "weakest" Judge. 

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
Re: Imaginary fight Mime VS Orpheé
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 12:20:35 AM »
1, This is what would happen if a low-tier Gold Saint faces a common "God Warrior":

2. What about Shaka being pulverised by AE, yet still walking in hell like nothing?

1. ooh, syd/bud were #3 right? I wouldnt call either a "common" god warrior. (seigfried was #1, hagaan daas #2, and then syd/bud) right?

2. I still dun get 8th sense. did shaka really pulverized? if so the 12 "gold cloth" wouldn't be able to gather the wailin wall no? it would only be 11. besides, the rest of the remaining gold saints all awakened theirs without dying, so did shaka really "died?" or it was his illusion that he was pulverized?
1. They did turn Gold again with their V3 armor on too

2. Even with the information he still had a hard time to defeat the "weakest" Judge. 

1. itsu?

2. that says a lot about ikki too no? the only other person who decisively beat a judge was kanon (gold) while minos was *dragged* into oblivion.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 03:17:26 AM »
I still dun get 8th sense. did shaka really pulverized? if so the 12 "gold cloth" wouldn't be able to gather the wailin wall no? it would only be 11. besides, the rest of the remaining gold saints all awakened theirs without dying, so did shaka really "died?" or it was his illusion that he was pulverized?

Eh? it didn't look like he was pulverized, more like teleported to Underworld, he was pretty much alive. The sense of death awakened his 8th Sense.

itsu?

They did in the OVA(I don't remember when exactly but they did maybe at Hades Castle but not sure)...not manga, there was no sign of it but we are talking about an anime only character and and a canon one...so I am taking this animewise...

that says a lot about ikki too no? the only other person who decisively beat a judge was kanon (gold) while minos was *dragged* into oblivion.

Kanon was the baddass he took them head on, that's what a true Saint should have done. Anyway it doesn't say anything about Ikki here whatsoever. He might have a chance against Rhadamanthys but not Minos in my opinion...he broke out of Hyoga's Ice Coffin like it was glass which is supposed to be unbreakable. Ikki had no chance defeating him no Bronze could at that moment. Minos was literally obliterated  by the hyperdimension to show the readers/audience how it works( someone stop me I am going off topic lol).

Mime didn't just look powerful.He was indeed powerful and his attacks were the same as Orpheus/Orphee whichever.All God Warriors for that matter. I have never seen the L5 so desperate before etc etc....TOEI did a good job on that. Seigfried look like a true final boss. Thor was damn strong too, but hey whenever someone goes down first they are regarded as weak. (Aldebaran,Baian...etc etc)

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 04:40:46 AM »
my impression is that Mime is a lot morestronger on Hand to hand combat, while Orphee seem to have less attacks

aimc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »
Eh? it didn't look like he was pulverized, more like teleported to Underworld, he was pretty much alive. The sense of death awakened his 8th Sense.

So Shaka didn't even die with the AE? Cool. This is offtopic but should add to the other discussion thread.

---

Even so the Bronzes didn't struggle against the Marinas, they defeated them quite easily but with God Warriors they were most of the time...nearly dead.

Comparing again God Warriors against Marinas:
Siegried, the strongest of them (no discussion here) , couldn't handle one of the Marinas. He sacrificed himself in a final move that didn't even scratch Sorrento, and was all in vain (despite what Pegasus said )

So the strongest God Warrior is weaker than the #2 strongest Marina.
The strongest Marina is weaker than an average Gold Saint.
Orphee is in pair with Gold Saints

So Orphee wins this match by simple logic

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 10:34:54 AM »
So the strongest God Warrior is weaker than the #2 strongest Marina.

What? Sorrento No.2  in the Marinas? Oh heck no! If that was second...didn't Shun defeat him with just 1% power of Nebula Storm?...he was second alright from the point of the weakest to strongest.
Again see in what condition Seigfried was when he decided to take on Sorrento. He was half dead... enough said.

aimc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
What? Sorrento No.2  in the Marinas? Oh heck no! If that was second...didn't Shun defeat him with just 1% power of Nebula Storm?...he was second alright from the point of the weakest to strongest.
Again see in what condition Seigfried was when he decided to take on Sorrento. He was half dead... enough said.

The percentage issue always comes with Sorrento, but i don't see a real problem here.
Fact: Sorrento has a move that makes the opponent fall to only 1% of his power.

He might be "weak" but his technique compensates. Every other warrior has strengths / weaknesses. We analyze them considering the whole part.
Kanon is stronger though

-

Siegried was half dead but he left everything and was determined to kill the Marina, and even then he didn't make a scratch. Marinas are stronger than God Warriors. Look at Aldebaran at both "realities" and you might understand why i say this.

Aldebaran (manga): against Sorrento, pierced his eardrums and managed to paralyze his body. Sort of stalemate.

Aldebaran (anime): against Cyd, avoided his attack but was hit on the head by Bud, who was hiding.

-
Orphee would simply destroy Mime's instrument , look what he acchieved with one of his cords broken. And his cosmo rivals Gold Saints. He clearly wins this.