Author Topic: What do the Creatures Symbolize?  (Read 7288 times)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
What do the Creatures Symbolize?
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
I am not entirely 100% sure that this topic goes here but here it goes.

So we have seen where do the Constellations come from according to the Mythology. What if we could find what do those creatures symbolize as most of the Constellations are animal based. The symbols are according to Ancient Greeks so feel free to post anything else such as the Eastern Dragon etc etc.

Pegasus: Light,Hope,Celestial/Ethereal/Heaven, Eternity

Dragon: Power,Nobility,Wisdom,Longevity

Phoenix: Immortality,Resurrection,Renewal,Fire

Swan: Love,Beauty,Elegance,Partnership

Unicorn: Dreams,Magic,Purity,Chastity

Lion: Pride,Royalty,Courage,Bravery

Bear: Benevolence,Duality,Motherhood

Wolf: Cunning,Loyalty,Intelligence,Wilderness

Hydra: Diplomacy,Evil,Power,Dominion

Crow: Mischief,Trickery,Manipulation,Audacity,Death

Horse: Passion,Speed,Freedom,Grace

Dolphin: Gentleness,Friendship,Harmony

Eagle: Liberation,Judgment,Protection,Ruler

Rabbit: Growth,Luck,Awareness,Speed,Shyness

Scorpion: Treachery,Death,Solitary,Defensiveness

Bull: Strength,Stamina,Stability,Confidence

Crab: Regeneration,Protection,Trust,Emotion

Ram: Force,Energy,Fearlessness,Fertility

Sea Dragon(Cetus): Strength,Toughness,Water,Dominance

Centaur: Vengeance,Brutality,Lust

Archer Centaur: Bravery,Direction,Focus

Snake:Transformation,Rejuvenation,Knowledge,Duality,Solemnity,Eternity

Two Fish facing the other way: Perseverance, Duality,Spirituality,Creativity

Two Fish facing the same way: Watchfulness, Abundance,Clarity, Peace

Peacock: Immortality,Marriage,Royalty, Awakening, Glory

Dove: Love, Promise, Purification, Freedom, Messenger, Peace

Fox: Cunning, Quick-thinking, Strategy, Cleverness, Wisdom, Adaptability

Crane: Happiness, Longevity, Good Fortune, Heaven, Spiritualism

Capricus (Capricorn): Time, Impulse, Eternity, Loyalty, Holiness   

Owl:Wisdom,Mystery, Strategy, Knowledge, Secret, Message

Lizard: Quickness, Adaptation, Flexibility,Shrewdness, Regeneration,Introversion

Chameleon: Change,Curiosity,Patience, Sensitivity, Insight,Diplomacy

Fly: Life and Death, Rebirth, Persistence, Transformation, Survival

Swordfish: Courage,Virtue, Strength, Protection, Shyness

« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:20:14 AM by Seiya »

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: What do the Creatures Symbolize?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »

Bear: Benevolence,Duality,Motherhood

*Imagine Geki raising a baby*

Centaur: Vengeance,Brutality,Lust

Archer Centaur: Bravery,Direction,Focus

Is there a reason for an almost 180 turn?  :nani:

Also, I find it weird that centuar represent vengeance when archer centaur clearly has a...weapon...in hand xD

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:57:44 PM »
Is there a reason for an almost 180 turn?

Also, I find it weird that centuar represent vengeance when archer centaur clearly has a...weapon...in hand xD

Sorry, let me change that, centaur can carry any weapon...but if the centaur carries a bow and an arrow the symbolism is different. Let's not forget that this is not the Constellations themselves but what the creatures mean that are also Constellations.

Also what is the turn of 180 degrees for? If it's for Seiya...I think he is initially Pegasus and then a Sagittarius xD...plus you could use it or Aioros no? :P

SageofTime

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 11:24:30 PM »
 It would be cool to know the traits of all the animal constilations :)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:04:04 AM »
1. Sorry, let me change that, centaur can carry any weapon...but if the centaur carries a bow and an arrow the symbolism is different.

2. Also what is the turn of 180 degrees for? If it's for Seiya...I think he is initially Pegasus and then a Sagittarius xD...plus you could use it or Aioros no? :P

I see, now it makes sense.

2. Let's do an imaginary stiuation where the saints and the cloths actually follow the symbolism:

You could (kinda) argue that Seiya is a horse until near the end of Hades arc when he actually learned how to use the wings...in which case this

Horse: Passion,Speed,Freedom,Grace

still fits him quite well except for the grace bit xD

As for Aioros and Sagittarius it would be interesting if someone stole just the bow :P

Oh! and Ichi would definitely be downgraded to a snake...which actually seems like an upgrade.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:19:44 PM by Niello »

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 08:56:54 AM »
It would be cool to know the traits of all the animal constilations :)

I have updated the list...I believe it's completed, now if some of the animals/creatures do not appear in the list is because they didn't exist in ancient Greece as symbols...such as Giraffe and Toucan...Also Water Snake (Hydrus) has still the same symbolism as Snake.

Let's do an imaginary stiuation where the saints and the cloths actually follow the symbolism:

You could (kinda) argue that Seiya is a horse until near the end of Hades arc when he actually learned how to use the wings...in which case this

still fits him quite well except for the grace bit xD

As for Aioros and Sagittarius it would be interesting if someone stole just the bow :P

Oh! and Ichi would definitely be downgraded to a snake...which actually seemss like an upgrade.

Interesting theory, I think you have something going on here not that all this matters to Saint Seiya still pretty smart.

Lol poor Ichi...wait no..who likes him anyway? :P

Niello-chan check your PMs if you haven't already :P

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 09:40:46 AM »
I have updated the list...I believe it's completed, now if some of the animals/creatures do not appear in the list is because they didn't exist in ancient Greece as symbols...such as Giraffe and Toucan...Also Water Snake (Hydrus) has still the same symbolism as Snake.

I am going to give you more work, Seiya-nii. Please do the list for the spectres. ;D

Fly: Life and Death, Rebirth, Persistence, Transformation, Survival

Those are such deep symbolisms for a fly...who thought this up? lol
Pretty cool though.

1. Interesting theory, I think you have something going on here not that all this matters to Saint Seiya still pretty smart.

2. Lol poor Ichi...wait no..who likes him anyway? :P

3. Niello-chan check your PMs if you haven't already :P

1. Thanks :thx:

2. *Gives him an imaginary heroine* There, that's better...(?)

3. Sorry, I was busy yesterday and then had my computer opened but was still running around doing some other stuff. I was triyng to answer it, just taking my time xD

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 02:36:32 PM »
1.I am going to give you more work, Seiya-nii. Please do the list for the spectres. ;D

2.Those are such deep symbolisms for a fly...who thought this up? lol
Pretty cool though.

3. Sorry, I was busy yesterday and then had my computer opened but was still running around doing some other stuff. I was triyng to answer it, just taking my time xD
1. That's hard considering that there also creatures from all around Europe and some probably from Asia. If you want an overall symbolism regardless whether it was the ancient Greek or anyone else...I can do that but if it appears in several cultures then I will have to specify it and make it a different category..or at least something like that.

2. I think I know how they thought of Persistence xD. You know when they sit on food and you shoo them away and they keep coming?yep persistent, lol...but yeah for the others I need to look further but no promises.

3. It's ok, I just...sometimes don't see my messages and when I see them being quite old...I don't answer them..and I kinda feel sad about it. I apologize if I was in any way pushy...I don't want that.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
1. That's hard considering that there also creatures from all around Europe and some probably from Asia. If you want an overall symbolism regardless whether it was the ancient Greek or anyone else...I can do that but if it appears in several cultures then I will have to specify it and make it a different category..or at least something like that.

2. I think I know how they thought of Persistence xD. You know when they sit on food and you shoo them away and they keep coming?yep persistent, lol...but yeah for the others I need to look further but no promises.

3. I apologize if I was in any way pushy...I don't want that.

1. If you don't mind a little extra work, go for it.

2. Following up with that...could survival, life and death, and rebirth have to do with people trying to swat them? Survival could be the fly trying its hardest to survive the blow and is in a life and death situation...and rebirth is when people thought they got the fly but it turns out the little thing didn't die...repeat that a few times and you got a real world example of rebirth xD

3.  No, no, you're not being pushy at all. When I first sent you the PM earlier I thought you might not have seen it so I mentioned it in a post, but right when I finished with it you answered, so I edited it out since there wasn't a point.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:22:12 PM by Niello »