Author Topic: Crunchyroll Gauging Interest In Original Saint Seiya  (Read 11850 times)

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
Re: Crunchyroll Gauging Interest In Original Saint Seiya
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 03:59:30 AM »
Quite a nice surprise, yes... until I got a not-so-pleasant surprise when I went to check it out and you can only view their library from the US... dammit. I was really excited that I'd finally be able to watch some Saint Seiya (even if it's not the whole series) with decent subs...  :-.-:
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 04:33:24 AM »
Hmm.. I thought on Hulu was the dubbed one!

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 04:34:51 AM »
Well, I can't check for sure, but I did read that they've got the subtitled version up... maybe they have both?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:43 AM »
Maybe, but I don't really care about the Sanctuary..I want to see proper subs from Asgard to Poseidon...that's Ep74-114.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »
True, true. I'd just like to see some consistent, high quality subs of all of the original series... I guess if Sanctuary gets liked enough or is popular enough or whatever then maybe the rest will go up...

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »
Its just subs.

As for Asgard and Poseidon? Who knows...maybe somewhere down the line?

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »
Yeah. I didn't think it was dubbed.

And that was kinda what I was thinking - Asgard and Poseidon may come later down the line... probably if there's enough interest or whatever for the Sanctuary Arc.

Tillerboy

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
Very awesome to hear! Now I can recommend more American fans to check the series out. Even though I'd rather recommend the manga more so, the anime will do just as well.

Now if only everybody outside the US get the show, too.

Ritsuka

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 06:17:02 PM »
Being a fan of this series here in the United States, in the pre-internet and early internet days, was not as easy as being a Naruto fan in the U.S. at any point in time.

Wow! I'm really impressed with your love for this series, Saga.

But they put the poll on Facebook only, and didn't really advertise it. I had to do some of that advertising myself (to make up for my lack of a facebook account *I don't want one either*).

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who dislikes (in truth, I hate) Facebook. I voted on this poll with a fake account, but even the fact to use a fake makes me disgust Facebook.

Mewzard, as far as I remember, you're one of the persons who watched the episode 1 preview from Hoj-Subs, right? THAT old link in which I posted at chat-box...

True, true. I'd just like to see some consistent, high quality subs of all of the original series... I guess if Sanctuary gets liked enough or is popular enough or whatever then maybe the rest will go up...
Its just subs.

As for Asgard and Poseidon? Who knows...maybe somewhere down the line?

Maybe, but I don't really care about the Sanctuary..I want to see proper subs from Asgard to Poseidon...that's Ep74-114.

Just be patient, guys. I know it would be better to have an official release for this series, but I'm working hard with Hoj at Baka BT to bring the whole series with some quality for everyone.

I'm not lying, here you can follow our updates: http://bakabt.me/156533-saint-seiya-knights-of-the-zodiac-dvd-aac-x264.html

We can't give an ETA, but this torrent WILL be swapped with a new encode to the whole series, with good quality OCR subs. Trust me.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »
Now if only everybody outside the US get the show, too.

That would be great, even if it's only the Sanctuary Arc... I guess those of us such as myself who want to watch it on Hulu will have to use proxies for now if we can be bothered... dammit.

Just be patient, guys. I know it would be better to have an official release for this series, but I'm working hard with Hoj at Baka BT to bring the whole series with some quality for everyone.

I'm not lying, here you can follow our updates: http://bakabt.me/156533-saint-seiya-knights-of-the-zodiac-dvd-aac-x264.html

We can't give an ETA, but this torrent WILL be swapped with a new encode to the whole series, with good quality OCR subs. Trust me.

That's great. I'll check it out.

Ritsuka

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
That would be great, even if it's only the Sanctuary Arc... I guess those of us such as myself who want to watch it on Hulu will have to use proxies for now if we can be bothered... dammit.

That's great. I'll check it out.

I don't need it. If you are too anxious to watch the series (I would recommend to wait for our new release, but you can watch both. The old one and the new one after...), just download the torrent above and use this subs:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/54bt1yneb3b1573/SS_Hoj_V7.zip

But I wouldn't recommend it. Z-A encode is ugly and have a lot of pixels plus altered colors. And as for our V7 subs pack, there are some errors here and there and, Asgard and Poseidon Arc are still "HK Subs".

Edit: To use this subs, you have to install MKVToolnix in your computer to patch the subs in the episodes attaching together the fonts. BUT... when the final release is done, the subs will be already embedded in the mkv container, without having to do this proccess.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 06:49:00 PM »
I've already got the entirety of the original series (I think it's episode 53 where those horrid HK subs start) so I'm able to at least watch it... I can wait until you put up the final release... I do have a lot of other things that I need to/want to watch in the meantime, so it's not a big deal or anything. Thanks for the tip, though.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
I keep hearing about the infamous HK subs. Who made them? The subs I have for 60-114 are from a group called D-YFI and while not perfect, the subs aren't bad.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 07:55:51 PM »
From what I can remember, I think I read that these HK subs, as we refer to them as, are/were ripped from the sort of cheap nasty anime DVDs with (really poor) English subs that are produced in Hong Kong for a quick buck... sometimes the subs are so bad in places it's hilarious. A lot of the insults are translated as "boob" and then here's two of my favourite mistranslated lines: "we have no funk" (it was either Shiva (or whatever the peacock guy's name is) or Shaka that said that), and "right hand hand foot" (which was from Shura, I'm pretty sure). Then sometimes names of characters and attacks are really messed up, or character names get swapped around (part of it kept renaming Saga as Shaka...).
There was also this one part in one episode toward the end of the Sanctuary Arc where they called Mitsumasa "Chenghuguangzheng"... I had to pause it after that came up because it was so hilariously bad I couldn't stop laughing...

I could go on for ages as to how dodgy these HK subs are, but I think from my description you can figure that they're pretty bad.

Ritsuka

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »
From what I can remember, I think I read that these HK subs, as we refer to them as, are/were ripped from the sort of cheap nasty anime DVDs with (really poor) English subs that are produced in Hong Kong for a quick buck... sometimes the subs are so bad in places it's hilarious. A lot of the insults are translated as "boob" and then here's two of my favourite mistranslated lines: "we have no funk" (it was either Shiva (or whatever the peacock guy's name is) or Shaka that said that), and "right hand hand foot" (which was from Shura, I'm pretty sure). Then sometimes names of characters and attacks are really messed up, or character names get swapped around (part of it kept renaming Saga as Shaka...).
There was also this one part in one episode toward the end of the Sanctuary Arc where they called Mitsumasa "Chenghuguangzheng"... I had to pause it after that came up because it was so hilariously bad I couldn't stop laughing...

I could go on for ages as to how dodgy these HK subs are, but I think from my description you can figure that they're pretty bad.

Mwuahaha Mwuahaha Mwuahaha

I've never had the guts to watch the HK subs entirely as it is. I've only watched a few and, at least, most of the "wtfness" was removed/corrected by Hoj 4 years ago. (This was the start of his project, back when he released the first subtitles patches)

I keep hearing about the infamous HK subs. Who made them? The subs I have for 60-114 are from a group called D-YFI and while not perfect, the subs aren't bad.

D-YFI used the HK subs, so you already know them, without realizing it. :)

Who made them? I dunno. Probably it's as Yagi says. But keep in mind this subs seems to be quite old. D-YFI applied them in the Zero-Absolu encodes, as I can assure you that they definitely are the same subs from the old "Saint Seiya Complete" torrent as well. The one that, starting from episode 53, used heavy encodes with no image quality at all.

But lemme tell you something: as these subs seem to be bad and funny, their context aren't wrong. Sometimes, the words used to translate Japanese expressions are more correct than translating the Z-A french subs at Google Translate. I say this as someone who works with these subs.