Author Topic: Kamen Rider - General Thread  (Read 11439 times)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Kamen Rider - General Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »
Yeah i was annoyed that they didn't use the movie to explain where tendou got his belt from. It seemed like they were going to, but then forgot the movie.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

RobertG22

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:03 PM »
Seiya, you should LOVE the Abyss design from Decade. It may have been made just for two episodes, but they seriously skimp on the design well. It's just as "Ryuki" as anything from the main series. I like that better than Ryuga, since he was just a straight black repaint of Ryuki.

Since Episode Final exists as an alternate-universe to the main series, I wonder what Ryuga's story is in the main series. Verde, Ryuga and Femme are never seen or mentioned in the proper story, apart from being the final three of the 13 Riders. Presumably, other Riders battled and killed them offscreen. I can only assume Ryuga was killed by either Femme or Verde(Or possibly Odin, if he broke the rules), and then his killer was killed by one of the others seen. Otherwise, wouldn't one of the 8 other Riders find Shinji and mention the fact they fought a black clone of him?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »
Kabuto's Rider form is cool.

The problem with Kabuto is that it's continually past back and forth between two very different writers combined with the lead actress getting very ill around the time she becomes SUPER relevant to the plot.  There's plot threads that are created that are either left hanging or handled in a completely different way than intended.  As a whole, the show is a mess.  With the Zecters, you could tell they were building to something major with those...and they never got there.  The Masked forms of the riders were intended to give them greater defense so they could mosh through the weaker pupaworms, but their quickly thrown to the side and everyone and their grandma just cast-offs or molts immediately after transforming.  The defensive purpose of the Masked forms comes up maybe...twice?

I see, that sounds interesting.

Kabuto's Rider form is cool.

When you take the different sub-arcs and stand-alone episodes, it's pretty good.  But if you try to view the show as one big thing, it's fairly meh.  Also, I though the movie tie-in sucked; it looked like they were trying to spread an average episode's special effect budget over one feature-length film.  The special effects in the show itself are bitchin', though.

So should I stay away from the movie?

Also, Seiya, I'm a bit jealous of your recently-acquired collection.

Why thank you, I was thinking whether I should get Figuarts or Figma ones, both looked really cool but I ended up with Figuarts because Figma did not have Survive Form and second reason would be Knight as I prefer the solid cape than the cloth one.

Seiya, you should LOVE the Abyss design from Decade. It may have been made just for two episodes, but they seriously skimp on the design well. It's just as "Ryuki" as anything from the main series. I like that better than Ryuga, since he was just a straight black repaint of Ryuki.

I just looked him up, he does looking pretty baddass but he is not a member of the original 13 Riders right? I will think about it because I do love the Shark design. Thank you for the info Robert-san.
It's true tho Ryuga is a straight repaint of Ryuki and Ryuki/Ryuga are my least favorite design wise along with Scissors (do Japanese have something against Crabs, being weak and all? first Deathmask and now Scissors lol).

Since Episode Final exists as an alternate-universe to the main series, I wonder what Ryuga's story is in the main series. Verde, Ryuga and Femme are never seen or mentioned in the proper story, apart from being the final three of the 13 Riders. Presumably, other Riders battled and killed them offscreen. I can only assume Ryuga was killed by either Femme or Verde(Or possibly Odin, if he broke the rules), and then his killer was killed by one of the others seen. Otherwise, wouldn't one of the 8 other Riders find Shinji and mention the fact they fought a black clone of him?

Yes, it would be nice if they could shed some light on that matter...

RobertG22

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2014, 11:05:01 PM »
Correct, he is only a member of the 13 in the Ryuki AU seen in Decade. But he is officially classified as a "Ryuki Rider" the same way Alternative and Alternative Zero are. Official Riders, just not the ones that Kanzaki Shiro created.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2014, 11:50:53 PM »
I see, well he does look better alternative for the last 13th  Rider than Ryuga. If that's the reason why he was introduced later, that is not a bad idea at all. More money for them anyway.

RobertG22

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2014, 12:00:13 AM »
I have no idea as to why they created Abyss instead of giving the character who wears the Abyss suit the Ryuga powers instead.

I'm not complaining though lol.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2014, 12:11:32 AM »
I noticed while I was browsing the KR wikia that most of the series the protagonist Rider has a black/dark counterpart. Is there a reason behind it?

RobertG22

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2014, 12:21:47 AM »
Same reason why most of the Optimus Prime toys have a black repaint.

Because toy companies think it looks bad-ass. Another answer: Evil twins. Seems to be a fairly popular trope in Japan.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 04:30:49 AM »
Ok so I have watched four episodes of Kabuto and I must say it is a pretty good show, I like the protagonist, he is a really cool guy and I find him to be funny sometimes. Still not a fan of the Kabuto Rider Form design as well as the belt's "factions", I find them stupid as hell, nevertheless it is an enjoyable show and is worth watching....so far.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »
Sigh..downloaded Agito but then when I checked wikia says it has 51 episodes...the TV-Nihon bit torrent goes up to 36, where can I find more?

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 07:13:49 PM »
Here you go:  http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=434416

I also wouldn't use TV-Nihon's subs unless you had to; as someone mentioned earlier, their translations aren't the best.  Plus, I hate all those fonts they use.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »
I quite like their subs in Kabuto, they are good. As for the colors...it makes it more...fancy and I got used to it. Thanks for the torrents. :)

RobertG22

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 11:30:05 PM »
^ They've admitted most of their subs are just people writing down the words they think they hear on the raws, running it through Google Translate, and filling in the holes.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 11:38:12 PM »
I think they have improved Robert-san Kabuto was the last I watched and it is more recent series than Ryuuki and Kiva right?

Anyway, design wise in Kabuto I liked TheBee, Sasword and Gatack (my favorite,too bad the weak guy got him lol).

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2014, 03:08:02 AM »
Tv nihon probably has the best subs in the business. I would always recommend them.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.