Author Topic: Kamen Rider - General Thread  (Read 11438 times)

Galaxian

• NankH Staff
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Of this world...I'm disappointed
    • View Profile
Re: Kamen Rider - General Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
The worse is Blade and one of its characters, Chalice, takes the "prize" of most unlikable character.

That said, Blade King Form has the best Rider design ever.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »
Wow it looks so...royal I like it , I still don't get why KR have to look buggish...is there a concept behind it?

Galaxian

• NankH Staff
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Wow it looks so...royal I like it , I still don't get why KR have to look buggish...is there a concept behind it?

It all goes back to the original Kamen Rider which was based on a grasshopper, and most of the Showa Riders also bug-themed. So when a Rider is a based on a bug (Kuuga, Blade, Kabuto) or have bug elements (OOO, W GoldXtreme) is considered "going back to the norm".

RobertG22

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 10:47:23 AM »
Ah Blade. I had such high hopes after reading a synopsis of your plot and researching your respectable designs.

But it all majorly sucked. I made to Episode 18, and quit. It was more boring than the live-action PGSM. And sorry Galaxian, Dark Kiva kicks Blade King Form every time. I wish the belt wasn't so freaking high...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
It all goes back to the original Kamen Rider which was based on a grasshopper, and most of the Showa Riders also bug-themed. So when a Rider is a based on a bug (Kuuga, Blade, Kabuto) or have bug elements (OOO, W GoldXtreme) is considered "going back to the norm".

I see. I remember when I was a kid I used to have shoes of this guy on his bike and the other  two were at the back of the shoe. That was my first and only product I had from the franchise as I didn't ask my parents to buy those shoes for me lol. I didn't know what Masked Rider was which was written on the velcro. I didn't like them because they has a grasshopper and two unidentified insects.

P.S I tried to google for the shoes but I guess internet doesn't have everything after all. xD

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 02:29:35 PM »
i m old school, so everythin before RX was great. everythin after RX were nothin but pretty boys that i kno i can beat up  :cool:
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
Agito SUCKS. So THERE. I'm stuck between Ryuki and Kiva. Dark Kiva seriously has to have the best Rider design, period.  Anyone who argues with that fact, gets a fistful of boomstick.

If Ryuki is so much better than Agito, then why has no one else subbed it but TV-Nihon!? Hahahahahah! Joking aside, I like the show, too.  I'm just terrible about not finishing stuff. I'm halfway through Kiva and Ryuki, and Kiva has been that way since 2009, at least.

And what don't you like about Agito, pray tell?

The original, Black and 555 is the shit for me... Agito was ok...

Love Black, need to see more of the original, and 555's last few episodes killed it for me.  I loved it so much until then.

i m old school, so everythin before RX was great. everythin after RX were nothin but pretty boys that i kno i can beat up  :cool:

I'm fine with girly dudes playing the leads, but every year!?!?  I can't be the only one who was hoping the series after Kiva was gonna have a big, hairy dude playing the next lead, can I?

While I'm bringing up Kiva, I've always heard the second half sucked.  How much suckitude should I be prepared for?

RobertG22

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 11:21:11 PM »
Fashionable men definitely  changed in Japan in the early 2000s. No one wants you on TV unless you are a walking pile of androgyny. Agito just always came off as a horror movie or horror manga  dumbed down for kid's tv. I'd like to see it as an anime without the "henshin hero" parts, I think it would have serious potential. But I could be overly harsh.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »
For the love of Athena, I am downloading Kiva part 1 HD and is taking for ever, the standard resolution was doing worse so I changed to this one.

I have just finished Ryuki. I loved it and I am willing to buy the figures too.  Mwuahaha

RobertG22

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 12:09:00 AM »
Did you watch the movie yet? Or the 13 Riders Special? Totally invest in getting a few Rider Figuarts. Be warned: If you buy a single Ryuki figure, you will want all 13, and possibly the Survive and Alternative figures.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 12:20:13 AM »
All of it, it was quite appetizing.

I downloaded first the 3rd part since that's where I was at Good Drama and then downloaded the rest of it for my collection.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 01:52:28 AM »

While I'm bringing up Kiva, I've always heard the second half sucked.  How much suckitude should I be prepared for?

Triangle drama! It's not so bad, but it will always remain a mystery why they never used the Kivala suit in Kiva.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 10:31:32 AM »
Fashionable men definitely  changed in Japan in the early 2000s. No one wants you on TV unless you are a walking pile of androgyny. Agito just always came off as a horror movie or horror manga  dumbed down for kid's tv. I'd like to see it as an anime without the "henshin hero" parts, I think it would have serious potential. But I could be overly harsh.

That's what KR kinda started as. How far did you get?

RobertG22

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »
No idea, I tried and watched quite a number of years ago, 7 or 8 years I think.

Galaxian

• NankH Staff
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »
No idea, I tried and watched quite a number of years ago, 7 or 8 years I think.

The current Kamen Rider series, Gaim, is being written by Gen Urobochi, who is primarily an anime/light-novel writer (Fate/Zero & Madoka), and most people already consider it one of the best entrees in the franchise.