Author Topic: An Astrology Question  (Read 1534 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
An Astrology Question
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
I know there's a few folks on here who are in to that whole Astrology stuff, and I have what I hope to be a very simple question to answer:  I'm apparently a Pisces with a Virgo rising.  What does that mean?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: An Astrology Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:34:04 PM »
Basically, your rising or ascendant is the social mask your wear around others or sometimes how others perceive you. You may appear to be judgmental, analytical, etc., but that is the "face" you feel the need to put on in front of others. So essentially you project the opposite of your true nature. The Moon and Venus (depending on the aspects formed) may strengthen the earthiness of Virgo making it more grounded as Taurus is probably the most grounded of the earth signs (being the fixed earth sign).Hope this helped.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »
Huh.  Interesting.

Thanks!

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 05:37:17 AM »
your star sign is who you embody, the core of your personality: with a pisces sun you are a dreamy, sensitive individual that needs to feel part of something larger. Water signs need to achieve ecstasy in their life... but with a virgo rising there is somewhat of a contradiction in yourself, because you see the world as a chaotic place that needs to be organized and approached with discrimination rather then just your feelings. So you are likely to detach from your feelings and find your pisces nature in others, such as your close partners. These two signs are concerned with serving the collective. Virgo rising very much needs to feel useful, and a pisces sun sees itself as some kind of a helper or redeemer, there are many pisces that redeem others with music or something imaginative, or if they are more intellectually inclined they help others to find a sense of connection to life.  Your horoscope however does not end here, the placements of the other planets will give a better picture of the whole of your personality
Taurus is probably the most grounded of the earth signs (being the fixed earth sign).Hope this helped.

he asked you about pisces and virgo, why do you talk about Taurus?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »
It is obvious that I was talking about Pisces since it is Virgo's opposite sign, I don't know if you noticed it...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
I dare to disagree with you Rising Sign and Ascendant Sign is exactly the same thing and it is your public appearance. Also I am aware what Horoscope means... (Ωροσκόπος=Ωρα-Time and Σκοπός-Watcher). Moon Sign /Descendant Sign is what the older believe that it was the most important of all as it is your inner self  ..not Dominant. It is worth mentioning that both Ascendant and Descendant are considered Horoscopes in Greek.
The Dominant Sign is a more recent thing...if you want to talk about traditional that is...