Author Topic: What are your fears?  (Read 6306 times)

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: What are your fears?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 03:21:30 AM »
I still don't know why people find them disgusting inside fruits... is there not a world of animals out there that eat fruits?

About wounds thpugh, I'm tempted to mention about maggot therapy... is it controversial? yes, but are there uses for them? definitely.

To take it further - corpses. Yes... they are there, but because of that they are extremely useful in forensic science. Beside, let's said you put a cat near a corpse... would it look cute? Not really...

Anyway that's sort of my take on them :P

Its ok though, probably this is because of my trauma about maggots, not cool when finded it in a food that you want to eat...
Cat near corpse? well at least i can focused at the Cat than the corpse XDDD

Yah well, some might can handle it some not, like that madagascar cockroached when my friend bring in to office, half of office crew want to kill it ^^;

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 04:04:11 AM »
Its ok though, probably this is because of my trauma about maggots, not cool when finded it in a food that you want to eat...

Fair enough :)

Cat near corpse? well at least i can focused at the Cat than the corpse XDDD

The cat is covered in blood! >:D

Yah well, some might can handle it some not, like that madagascar cockroached when my friend bring in to office, half of office crew want to kill it ^^;

I never saw one so I can't say for myself, but if it's a normal cockroach then definitely kill on sight.

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Fair enough :)

The cat is covered in blood! >:D

I never saw one so I can't say for myself, but if it's a normal cockroach then definitely kill on sight.

And the cat have a maggots in it aaaaaaa, no don't.... i refuse gore to any animals

well if you google it, it less scary that usual cockroaches (plus didn't fly), their segmented abdomen is beautiful, i kinda afraid when touched it but when you let him walk in your hand, its like confused animal, walk like drunken human XD

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2014, 12:56:20 PM »

Eww not those they are the biggest of them all. First time I saw one was on an old show called "Fear Factor" which basically first and 3rd round depends on the person's physique, skills, not to be afraid of sea depths or heights etc etc while the second for me that's actually the worse of them all...they had to eat disgusting stuff (each time is different) and one of those things was the Madagascar cockroaches...eww...what a horrible thing..I hope I will never ever see a real one, might lose my courage...lol that thing is really big even for a cockroach.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
Aren't most animal's rather rapey?

Yes, but dolphins are the ones that people keep saying are equal to (or smarter than) humans.  If they are, then the amount they rape the dolphin youth makes 'em terrible creatures, IMO.

I will gladly take that as a compliment xD

Please do.

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2014, 10:36:35 AM »
Eww not those they are the biggest of them all. First time I saw one was on an old show called "Fear Factor" which basically first and 3rd round depends on the person's physique, skills, not to be afraid of sea depths or heights etc etc while the second for me that's actually the worse of them all...they had to eat disgusting stuff (each time is different) and one of those things was the Madagascar cockroaches...eww...what a horrible thing..I hope I will never ever see a real one, might lose my courage...lol that thing is really big even for a cockroach.

Well i won't try to adopt it tho XD, but if you tried to compare with regular cockroaches who can fly, this one is....a bit better XD
Gosh, well i think in Thailand they selling fried cockroaches for snack

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 07:04:26 AM »
Gosh, well i think in Thailand they selling fried cockroaches for snack

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I almost fell of my chair reading your post.  :-_-U:

Whatever you saw, those aren't cockroaches. They are water beetle variant called "maeng da" which happened to resemble the roaches.

Beside that it's important to note that fried insects are there but they are very uncommon, and mainly only more prevalent in rural areas in the northern regions. Even then it's still only a niche, most people in Thailand have never eaten one, despite how whatever media you have gotten the information from tried to paint it as a normal thing.

Take for example, the most well known of those insects is probably the bamboo borer larvae. They live in bamboo so, already unlike cockroach, these are clean. For myself, this is the only type I have eaten (they tasted like french fries, but whatever) for a total of about 2-3 times in my life and I do go to the north fairly often. And btw, these things are AMAZING for truth or dare.

So yeah... now that I got that out, phew   :-.-:

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I almost fell of my chair reading your post.  :-_-U:

Whatever you saw, those aren't cockroaches. They are water beetle variant called "maeng da" which happened to resemble the roaches.

Beside that it's important to note that fried insects are there but they are very uncommon, and mainly only more prevalent in rural areas in the northern regions. Even then it's still only a niche, most people in Thailand have never eaten one, despite how whatever media you have gotten the information from tried to paint it as a normal thing.

Take for example, the most well known of those insects is probably the bamboo borer larvae. They live in bamboo so, already unlike cockroach, these are clean. For myself, this is the only type I have eaten (they tasted like french fries, but whatever) for a total of about 2-3 times in my life and I do go to the north fairly often. And btw, these things are AMAZING for truth or dare.

So yeah... now that I got that out, phew   :-.-:

Aaah i'm so so so sorry~~~, i got this information from my friend who also tourist without information too ^^
so thank you for clearing this misinformation since i'm planning to try it myself next year, glad to know its clean :D

harryrappe

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »
Anthropophobia, Lepidopterophobia, Chiclephobia, Eisoptrophobia, Aphenphosmphobia, Cacophobia, and last Chrometophobia

Thrudgelmir2333

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 02:56:45 AM »
Heights, tight spaces, big dogs, regenerating necromorphs and deep water.