Author Topic: Just watched Lost Canvas again..  (Read 6576 times)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Just watched Lost Canvas again..
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 05:02:12 PM »
Omega was made by Toei,  the LC anime was made by TMS :)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »
LC is by far my favorite Saint Seiya. Really makes me wonder why so many OG Saint Seiya fans hate it so much. It's great.

Cause they're getting Old, so became inflexible to new stuffs? :P

Seriously, some of these "Oldies" SS Fans are ONLY familiar with the SS Anime, and not the Manga.  -_-
(This coming from someone who was introduced to SS via the Manga 24 years ago, tho' first came in contact with SS through cards showing images from the anime!)

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
I've been fan of Saint Seiya since 1989 but still I consider SS The Lost Canvas manga as my favorite manga. Shiori's art is my favorite, there are so many great Manga artists but her style is my favorite. The Gold Saints presented in her manga (even though same design) are great. She also didn't downgrade Gold Saints such as Masami Kurumada who made Aldebaran, Death Mask and Aphrodite victims to his weak plot. Even though I know it's impossible, but I still hope Shiori works on a Tenkai-Hen even if is not considered canon because I really can't trust Current Kurumada's skills (Thanks to some inconsistencies in Next Dimension). Note that I am talking about LC manga, I personally didnt like the anime very much.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »
I am certainly an old fan both in age and number of years I have been reading, watching and collecting Saint Seiya, and I absolutely love Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.

jamice4u

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2014, 02:23:57 AM »
Couple things to point out,

Manigold is officially my favorite Cancer Saint, the episode where he punched Thanatos in the face was priceless. His personality is hilarious, his techniques are badass. I used to think sekishiki mekaiha was a useless move but god he made it look so good.

This version of saint seiya is very well made IMO, the anime adaptation is great. The storyline is very exciting, I mean since episode 1 it gets into the action right away. Each gold saint had his moments to shine. It saddens me that the anime stops at season 2. I read the entire manga too and I must say LC storyline is better and more in-depth. Original saint seiya focuses too much on the bronze 5, which isn't bad but LC has a different flavor of how each character is portrayed as.

Also, LC Pandora's level of sexiness > Original Pandora. that is all.
I totally agree with you 1000% Manigoldo is my favorite too. He is very sarcastic which makes him very funny. Do they have an English version of the Manga. This version of Saint Seiya makes the most sense. The Gold Saint in the later series are a bunch of selfish self righteous butt holes.

Thrudgelmir2333

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
Cause they're getting Old, so became inflexible to new stuffs? :P

Seriously, some of these "Oldies" SS Fans are ONLY familiar with the SS Anime, and not the Manga.  -_-
(This coming from someone who was introduced to SS via the Manga 24 years ago, tho' first came in contact with SS through cards showing images from the anime!)

Or maybe because of the popularity it enjoys; Lost Canvas makes a lot of people wish it was canon, after all, which doesn't go much in line with die-hard thinking. Maybe some think that it delayed the adaptation of ND into anime?

I don't get the impression there are a lot of LC haters because of its art/story quality. I'm usually disaffected from SS matters, but I admit reading Lost Canvas enraptured me for a while.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2014, 09:48:47 AM »
Do they have an English version of the Manga.

There's fan translations out there.

This version of Saint Seiya makes the most sense. The Gold Saint in the later series are a bunch of selfish self righteous butt holes.

Bu-but I like self-righteous buttholes...