Author Topic: Just watched Lost Canvas again..  (Read 6575 times)

Serenade

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Just watched Lost Canvas again..
« on: October 09, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »
Couple things to point out,

Manigold is officially my favorite Cancer Saint, the episode where he punched Thanatos in the face was priceless. His personality is hilarious, his techniques are badass. I used to think sekishiki mekaiha was a useless move but god he made it look so good.

This version of saint seiya is very well made IMO, the anime adaptation is great. The storyline is very exciting, I mean since episode 1 it gets into the action right away. Each gold saint had his moments to shine. It saddens me that the anime stops at season 2. I read the entire manga too and I must say LC storyline is better and more in-depth. Original saint seiya focuses too much on the bronze 5, which isn't bad but LC has a different flavor of how each character is portrayed as.

Also, LC Pandora's level of sexiness > Original Pandora. that is all.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
Re: Just watched Lost Canvas again..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »
Also, LC Pandora's level of sexiness > Original Pandora. that is all.

SSTLC Pandora is already "Legal Age" so she can go all out!  :smirk:
Seriously I used to hate her (although I choose to cosplay as her for my 2nd SSTLC Cosplay) but when we get to the portion when Youma retell what he did and Pandora revealed her past to Kagaho, feel pity for her. ;)

Classic Series Pandora is more the Elegent Lady and is my favourite Female Classic Series Character.

Serenade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »
Something about her exposed leg in that dress... with straps around it. yea it's definitely that.  :blushy: :smirk:

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
The LC anime ends on such a dumb cliffhanger.  EVERY SS fan knows that  :dohko2: didn't die.  That's probably my only complaint with it.

I really ought to go read the manga... I guess I'll do that once I finish Neuro, ARMS, and Mai.

BTW, I hear a lady Poseidon appears at some point in LC.  Is that true?  Do other Gods beside Hades, Pandora, Hypnos, Thanatos, Athena, and this Poseidon girl appear?

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
A girl by the name of Seraphina was used as vessel for Poseidon...

Other gods don't really appear... But Shiori has drawn an image of supposed God of War, Ares...

RobertG22

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
The LC anime ends on such a dumb cliffhanger.  EVERY SS fan knows that  :dohko2: didn't die.  That's probably my only complaint with it.

I really ought to go read the manga... I guess I'll do that once I finish Neuro, ARMS, and Mai.

BTW, I hear a lady Poseidon appears at some point in LC.  Is that true?  Do other Gods beside Hades, Pandora, Hypnos, Thanatos, Athena, and this Poseidon girl appear?

Well, the anime producers never intended the show to end the way it did. I've heard the manga was very popular in Japan, but the anime for some reason was not. And yes, GO READ THE MANGA. It's incredible. 223 chapters, I think. While Seraphina *is* chosen as a Poseidon vessel, she was NOT by Poseidon. It was her brother trying to force Poseidon to awaken and take possession of her, and I think like Kanon he too had plans to try and control Poseidon's power and failed. In the Gaidan stories, servants of non-Greek gods appear. I think a brief "flashback" image of Ares appears though, but I forget in whose volume it was. (And are we counting Pandora as a god now? I always thought of her in the same vein of the Pope of Sanctuary.)

Lost Canvas is a hell of a series, manga and anime. I really love both, and was totally crushed a few months ago when the anime company announced they would *not* do a third season.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
Next to the original series, anime and manga, Lost Canvas is my favorite series. It's great seeing so many Gold Saints that are heroes.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 07:42:37 AM »
Lost Canvas is a hell of a series, manga and anime. I really love both, and was totally crushed a few months ago when the anime company announced they would *not* do a third season.

Huh??? Did I miss something during the time I was busy? Like an officially official announcement????

aimc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
I liked LC anime a lot.

ps: I'm Cancer.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
Huh??? Did I miss something during the time I was busy? Like an officially official announcement????
There was semi official announcements in interviews apparently, they merely said that they were not planning to do a season 3.
Anything else people say is speculation.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 10:49:50 AM »
There was semi official announcements in interviews apparently, they merely said that they were not planning to do a season 3.
Anything else people say is speculation.

Still... that's a let down  :-.-:
Even more so when we have got Omega running almost a 100 episodes in.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 11:25:55 AM »
Yeah I can't believe it...I enjoyed it more than Omega, I honestly found it better and still it failed? maybe they were other more interesting shows during that time that Lost Canvas couldn't shine. I have read critics from non Saint Seiya fans and they said that they loved Lost Canvas or other Saint Seiya fans saying that it was the best series ever and it needed more episodes etc etc. After seeing this I am still surprised how the TV ratings were low. Of this world....I 'm disappointed, I truly am.

RobertG22

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
I assume it was low DVDs sales, since the series was a bunch of OVAs.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 12:10:26 PM »
Yeah, although speculation, the theory is
Low sales due to poor advertizement by TMS

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
Sounds very plausible...TMS was always bad in the advertisement section in my opinion.