Author Topic: Shingeki no Kyojin - Attack on Titan  (Read 4312 times)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin - Attack on Titan
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »
Wow way to go Shingeki no Kyojin!

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »
?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 09:32:04 PM »
Ah.  Anyway, I'm curious what this means for the future of SnK.  Will Kondansha keep it running as long as humanly possible (and then some) to sustain profit?  Putting all your eggs in one basket is never too smart an idea.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 01:02:31 AM »
Well let's just hope they will end it as they were supposed to and not drag it just to get more profit from it. When I first saw this title I thought it would be a small series but there's still more to it so yeah, I don't see it ending it anytime soon.

teapartiesftw

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Apparently Isayama was/is trying to end the series in 20 volumes. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-25/attack-on-titan-creator-aims-to-end-manga-in-20-volumes There's 12 volumes out right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kondansha 'persuaded' him to drag it out. I haven't read the manga yet, so I can't say if 8 volumes is sufficient to wrap up the story.

RobertG22

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
Eh, it can continue through spinoffs. Or they could convince Isayama to end his part of the story without ending the existence of the Titans, then letting a new writer and new generation of characters continue the battle. That way he can be finished and move on to other projects, and the franchise can continue. 

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »
Apparently Isayama was/is trying to end the series in 20 volumes. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-25/attack-on-titan-creator-aims-to-end-manga-in-20-volumes There's 12 volumes out right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kondansha 'persuaded' him to drag it out. I haven't read the manga yet, so I can't say if 8 volumes is sufficient to wrap up the story.

His original ending idea was to do something like the end of the Mist movie; in that, the MC kills his whole family because he thinks the monsters are coming, but it's actually the military coming to save the day.

teapartiesftw

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 08:03:40 PM »
While I can't say I would be happy with everyone dying, it is the ending I would have expected. I'm glad he's considering changing the ending if it means it'll be less predictable. And with more characters still alive. Possibly. 

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »
I am glad it doesn't end like that not because I don't want them to die but I prefer not to copy Mist's ending and have it's own. Then again did he read/watch The Mist?
Ma ii ka.

RobertG22

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »
Well he presumably watched it, since he knows the ending. (For those unaware, the book ends rather differently. King said the film ending shocked him, and he absolutely loved it)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »
Yeah that doesn't mean that he didn't read it as well tho. He might just picked the ending of the movie which was better, I did like it more as well , I have to be honest.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:25 PM »
While I can't say I would be happy with everyone dying, it is the ending I would have expected. I'm glad he's considering changing the ending if it means it'll be less predictable. And with more characters still alive. Possibly. 

According to an article on ANN, he changed his original plans for the ending because so many people like the characters. 

Okuni Sensei

• NankH Staff
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Scanlatic Specter of the Cleaning Star!
    • View Profile
    • OkuniSensei's DA
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2014, 05:53:01 AM »
But some should die, as it will be rather logical following the current plot.

Well, before thinking about the end of the manga, I wonder about the next season.
The first season was rather "easy" to put in animation as it was rather classic for an anime story : search and destroy :p
The next part is less spectacular and more intellectual, and with more speeches. We can expect some boring episodes...

And there is some scenes of assassinations I wonder how they show it to an average public audience.
We're recruiting a TRANSLATOR.
We're in need of a proof-reader too.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2017, 12:09:13 PM »
Hmmmm.....Season 2 is coming out this Saturday 1st April 2017 (in Japan).
Almost 4 years since the last Episode of Season 1 was released (Sep 2013), similar to the gap between when the Manga Chapter debut (April 2009) to when Episode 1 of the Anime was released (April 2013).

So far the Trailer had been showing promising things so hope it really dun disappoint us! :o
And hope this Season 2 also covers 2 Arc of the Storyline from the Manga!