Author Topic: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing  (Read 20487 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »
There were the Saint Seiya movie DVDs released by Discotek, and those didn't have Knights of the Zodiac in title.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »
There were the Saint Seiya movie DVDs released by Discotek, and those didn't have Knights of the Zodiac in title.
Hmm...alright thank you. Then maybe is not a hoax...maybe.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2014, 10:54:58 AM »
I wouldn't call it a hoax. I don't think NVG would lie about acquiring Saint Seiya for DVD, since it is not only unprofessional but they also don't seem to be struggling, so they have no reason to lie.

That being said, every project has the potential to get canceled, for various reasons. I'm not saying it was canceled, but...

RobertG22

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 12:04:21 PM »
That's the thing, I can't find anything I can directly connect to NVG about this. But Zatch Bell was "announced" by anime websites about the same time, and it has been released for some time now.

I can't find anything on NVG's website or a single press release. Earliest announcement was on Anime News Network, and they just copied the info posted by Amazon with the original November 5th release date.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »
Amazon pre-orders are now back up, sort of. They're now saying it's out of stock.

LordGeo

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 05:57:22 PM »
Just so you guys know, Right Stuf updated their listing for NVG/Cinedigm's boxset of the Sanctuary Chapter:

Japanese Language with English Subs

It seems like the ADV dub won't be included (an odd decision, in my opinion), but it looks like we'll finally have those last 13 episodes of Sanctuary with good English subs for the first time ever!  Let's get this set selling so that Cinedigm might be willing to do the rest of Seiya TV.  After all, making new subs for 13 episodes is relatively "easy", but making subs for another 41 episodes is another thing entirely.

RobertG22

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »
Amazon preorders back up! And thanks for the update, Lord Geo!

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »
Just so you guys know, Right Stuf updated their listing for NVG/Cinedigm's boxset of the Sanctuary Chapter:

Japanese Language with English Subs

It seems like the ADV dub won't be included (an odd decision, in my opinion), but it looks like we'll finally have those last 13 episodes of Sanctuary with good English subs for the first time ever!  Let's get this set selling so that Cinedigm might be willing to do the rest of Seiya TV.  After all, making new subs for 13 episodes is relatively "easy", but making subs for another 41 episodes is another thing entirely.

Aww, here it goes!

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »
Even though the Rightstuf listing says it will be subbed only, the Amazon one still says it will be dubbed. It's likely a typo, but wouldn't it have been fixed by now? The Amazon listing also has a slightly different cover art.

The Walmart listing has a picture of the box itself.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »
It is a shame that it goes up to 73 episode tho. That's the cover I saw as well on another site. Not sure where it was...might have to look it up again a bit.

RobertG22

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 12:47:58 PM »
Amazon is notorious for not updating pre-order info for nerd stuff when new info is out there. @Seiya, what is that a shame? The box said it was the Sanctuary Collection, and it includes every episode for that arc.

Has anyone found if this will be released outside the US? Having the support of other English-speaking countries could greatly influence NVG into subbing the other three arcs(counting the Hades OVAs here...)

MAJOR EDIT: http://www.newvideo.com/flatiron-film-company/44141/ Finally have direct info from NVG about it! April 15th, folks. 11 discs, 73 episodes, subbed. US and Canada release.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »
Well because is up to the Sanctuary...that's why. I do have the digital version tho just wanted something beyond the Sanctuary with proper subs than the Russian group that took care of the rest.

P.S I know the title says about the Sanctuary but like I said in earlier posts, I wanted more(yes I am greedy).

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2014, 01:53:20 PM »
Well, if this set sells well, NVG will consider doing the rest.

RobertG22

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »
Yeah, I'm encouraging what few friends of mine interested in the series to jump the gun and grab it. It's a good price, really, for 73 episodes and 11 discs. My partner spent half that for his Witch Hunter Robin boxset.

Needless to say, I have called the B&N two blocks from my house and pre-ordered :)

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »
The site updated with stills from Omega...

... What? I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing Omega released in English, but this is supposed to be the original.