Author Topic: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing  (Read 20485 times)

RobertG22

Re: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
I'm not buying it's dubbed. There just aren't enough English-speaking fans for Toei to invest that money(Or for another company to buy the rights from Toei again). And yes, no one will buy another set of ADV's unfinished dubs. I don't think it would be called "Complete" if it wasn't the full 73 episodes of the Sanctuary arc either.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
Really was hoping Distok would be able to grab it because of the movies. Fingers crossed this turns out well.

http://landofobscusion.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-kurumada-curse-or-why-cant-anyone.html
I actually was able to ask Discotek directly at Otakon last week about whether they might do other Kurumada animes since they can't do Seiya TV.  Unfortunately, the response I got was essentially "Probably not", mainly because Seiya is a special case due to its international success.  Please, & I mean PLEASE(!!!) ask Discotek to do other Kurumada animes if the Seiya movies do well enough via e-mail & Facebook.  At this point they may not tackle any others, including Seiya Hades, Tenkai-hen, & Lost Canvas, at all, especially since they can't guarantee that we'd be getting all of Seiya TV.

Basically, bombard Discotek if you want to see future Saint Seiya-related releases by them.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2013, 02:36:00 AM »
The Rightstuf listing has changed their release date to February 4th. They still claim the set to be dub only.

I think Rightstuf is just assuming it's dub only, based on what NVG has been doing with the anime they've picked up.

The two ADV sets were 10 DVDs in total for the first 60 episodes, I'm pretty sure. If this set is including an extra disc, then it's either the episodes are of really high quality that take more space or it really is all 73 episodes of the Sanctuary arc.

Plus, the fact that the release date has been pushed back a few times already is telling me that they need more time to get the set ready. I don't know if there will be dual audio, but I think a new dub may be being produced. By whom, I don't know. Bang Zoom has been teasing a secret project since Anime Expo, I think.

chibi_hentai

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
I don't think it would be called "Complete" if it wasn't the full 73 episodes of the Sanctuary arc either.

I agree. But I don't know why, maybe the fact that this poor series has had such bad luck in the past, I think I'll believe it when I see it. xD. And I just can't get my head around the idea that finishing a dub would be more cost affective than subtitles... I'm just going to have to sit in the camp waiting for the first review, lol.

If the dub quality is as good as the ADV I would be satisfied buying it though, I'll say that. Beggers can't be choosers after all, even if I would prefer a sub only or dual-audio. I'm just getting beyblade, Naruto, Yugioh, digimon flashbacks with this idea. xD

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »
The amazon listing has closed pre-orders.

RobertG22

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »
Yeah, I wonder if they also cancelled any pre-orders already made. It sounds like they heard this was a thing, and quickly through up a page on info they did *not* receive from NVG. Never did get a response to my email.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 04:08:11 AM »
I don't know if they canceled any preorders or not. I don't think Amazon would do that, though. They did change the release date to February 14th, though.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 03:18:38 AM »
The Amazon listing has updated with the same cover art as the Rightstuf one and lists the Japanese voice actors for Seiya, Shiryu, and Shun.

crazedjustice888

• Bronze Saint
  • The Messenger
    • View Profile
    • My Message
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
On the amazon listing it has

Language: Japanese

Subtitles: English

Dubbing: English

I'm not sure what that means besides the obvious dual audio...
www.willsmessage.com

Just a singing martial artist trying to do the Lords work.

RobertG22

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »
Yeah, that's been up for months. There is still zero confirmation from New Video Group about this, tons of websites have preorders, with release dates varying between February 4th and April 15th. NVG has never responded to my multiple emails requesting info.

crazedjustice888

• Bronze Saint
  • The Messenger
    • View Profile
    • My Message
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 10:31:58 PM »
Yeah, that's been up for months. There is still zero confirmation from New Video Group about this, tons of websites have preorders, with release dates varying between February 4th and April 15th. NVG has never responded to my multiple emails requesting info.

Well that sucks...hahaha

Oh well, I thought I was being a good snoop.
www.willsmessage.com

Just a singing martial artist trying to do the Lords work.

RobertG22

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 10:48:02 PM »
Keep that up, though. We gotta be active fans. :)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »
I believe is 1-60 episodes since that's when the English dub ends. It is hard to believe they would make new dub team from this point. They are just releasing the "original English content".

RobertG22

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »
One thing every listing has in common is episodes 1-73, on 12 discs. I assume it includes the ADV dubs on the first 60 episodes, and the rest is just subbed. NVG would not go through all that trouble of obtaining the rights just to release ADV's episodes, slap an $80 pricetag on it, and call it a day.

If NVG even is doing this. I've been thinking for a while that this is an elaborate hoax.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 01:55:04 AM »
If NVG even is doing this. I've been thinking for a while that this is an elaborate hoax.

I thought of that too. I don't know if it matters but if it was an English release wouldn't be right to be called Knights of the Zodiac(including Saint Seiya in smaller letters or vise versa) instead of just Saint Seiya? I haven't seen an English release without it.