Author Topic: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing  (Read 20505 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2014, 06:29:24 PM »
That first comparison is worrisome; the grain removal seems to have taken a lot of other detail along with it.  The second one?  Not so much.  If this is anything to go by, the remastering s spotty in quality but nowhere as bad as the DBZ orange bricks.

RobertG22

« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2014, 06:45:06 PM »
With a 22 year old anime, there's bound to be some lower quality bits here and there. It's utterly unavoidable. But overall? It's a good improvement of the 2009 remasters, and leaps and bounds better than than the 2003 ADV releases(Which were probably nothing more than a collection of tapes from DiC transferred onto DVD)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2014, 07:34:58 PM »
Anything is better than the ADV DVDs.  Anyway, what I was talking about was how a lot of these remasters tend to remove the film grain, and they tend to lose details that way.  Sailor Moon isn't as old as some shows, so that's not as much of an issue, but I'd still rather have the grain.

Seiya2013

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2014, 12:32:25 AM »
First link looks like they just brightened the colors up, second shot *is* cleaner and clearer, the first one is fuzzy, like you took a VHS to Costco and had a DVD made, but the color seems a bit....pink?

Of course, you always have the option of not buying the Blu-ray HD remaster, and just buying the mass-release DVDs(And yes, they have said each set will have two releases: Blu-ray/DVD combo "collector's edtions" and a standard, mass-release DVD set like for Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, etc)

It's more than just that, they've screwed by adding a ton of DVNR to it and so in result of it we know have wonderfully blurred picture quality with lots of detail loss.

The R2I and R2J DVDs are far superior to this piece of crap that Viz is "remastering".

RobertG22

« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2014, 02:14:13 AM »
....We have what,  three images of the Blu Ray remaster?  How about you quit bitching until we actually have full episodes to see? And no,  I don't believe the episodes on Hulu are the same ones for the HD Blu Ray,  so we can't compare.

This is why I try and not get involved in certain fan communities. We get everything we want,  people still complain.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
Good point.  I'll wait for the BD release before I pass full judgement.

Seiya2013

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 11, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »
They provided screenshots of their remastering to prove that they supposedly have done a better job than the R2J edition, so that alone is enough evidence to know what's coming.

I'll be buying Sailor Moon but on DVD since it won't take advantage on Blu-ray.

Ritsuka

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »
They provided screenshots of their remastering to prove that they supposedly have done a better job than the R2J edition, so that alone is enough evidence to know what's coming.

I'll be buying Sailor Moon but on DVD since it won't take advantage on Blu-ray.

Sorry for asking, but where is this screenshots, Seiya?

albogango

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2014, 08:17:39 PM »
Comparing this release to the two collections from several years back, is the transfer interlaced, like it was then, or progressive?

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »
That's a good question. I'd assume it;s just the ADV dub of the first 60 episodes, but I would love it if it was the entire first arc, up to the end of the Twelve Houses arc.

It's actually done by new video group.

And it's just the japanese episodes. It says there are english dubs. But there aren't any. And the english subs are just the crappy english subs you see from chinese/mandarin bootlegs. The subs are also out of sync a little bit.
Saint Seiya Fan for over 20 years

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »
I have the set as well. They put the episodes on Hulu and Amazon Instant Video with corrected subs.

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2014, 09:46:08 PM »
I have the set as well. They put the episodes on Hulu and Amazon Instant Video with corrected subs.

Makes  you wonder why they didn't do that for the dvds =/

Atleast people have access to them though.
Saint Seiya Fan for over 20 years