Author Topic: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing  (Read 20488 times)

RobertG22

Re: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 03:08:25 PM »
So, you think the dub only thing is inaccurate? That may be possible.

Were there any other English dubs of Saint Seiya outside of North America?

No. Just the DiC and ADV dubs.  Rightstuf is still saying the release will be dubbed, and will be the full Sanctuary arc. Hell, maybe they did do a new dub.  We'll find out in December. If they did do a full dub, I'll totally invest in it and beg for the rest of the series dubbed...

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 03:23:51 PM »
Honestly, I think it's probably a new dub. Unless it doesn't really go up to episode 73.

Mark064

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 03:33:07 PM »
Considering that RightStuf is the only website out there that actually says it's in English it's questionable at best if it's actually in English. It was more then likely an error as no other website I can find actually lists that it's dubbed.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »
Considering that RightStuf is the only website out there that actually says it's in English it's questionable at best if it's actually in English. It was more then likely an error as no other website I can find actually lists that it's dubbed.

Fair point. Rightstuf did get the cover art, though.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »
If the spoken language is English only, there is no way I'll buy it at any price.

OmegaRockman

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »
If this ends up being a subbed release, then I wonder if Toei will let them use the masters used on the Japanese DVD Boxes. If I'm not mistaken, didn't the episodes on those box sets undergo a similar remastering process to Dragon Ball's Dragon Boxes? If so, that video would look so sick! In any case, I'd like a decent subbed release regardless of the video. I'm a relatively new SS fan so I haven't gotten very far in the series, but bad subs have detracted me from continuing where I left off (the mid 20's) until I could get my hands on the ADV singles, and I've already grabbed a few. Ever since news of this release broke out, however, I'm eagerly waiting to see if this set will have a subbed Japanese version on it so I don't have to buy all those singles just for an incomplete release.

RobertG22

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 05:35:16 PM »
Ugh, it's impossible to find half-assed English subs of the original anime. I can understand basic spoken Japanese, and can infer the story of the episode from the actions on screen, but I still only get about half the whole story. Dubbed or subbed, if the translation of this is decently accurate, I'll invest in it and pray the other four arcs are released.

chibi_hentai

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 10:29:28 PM »
I would be all over this if it was true and the quality and subtitles are good. I probably won't touch it if it is only a dub though (which really wouldn't make sense since niche titles like this don't usually get dubs anymore...).

Glad I poked into the forums again to see this is on the table though! There is hope to finish the classic Sanctuary arc yet! Or at least to own it. Gonna have to keep my feelers out for the first review of it.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 07:31:30 AM »
Dub only just doesn't make sense unless they did something like license the Mexican dub for for the last 13 episodes. ADV only got through the first 60 and DIC only got through the first 40. I doubt the company bothered dubbing those last few episodes since they didn't bother getting the Japanese dub for this. The only thing I can think of is that they made a mistake in their listing.

RobertG22

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
Amazon, for some insane reason, says the pre-orders are Out of Stock, and that the DVDs won't be released until Valentine's Day. Rightstuf has no new information, and still has the December 3rd release date. There is still no info on New Video Group's website, so I have emailed them for info.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
Best Buy and Barnes & Noble are apparently claiming the set to be coming out April 15th.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-27/new-video-group-saint-seiya-dvd-set-listed-on-april-15

RobertG22

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 10:35:51 PM »
So, what it sounds like is that no one really knows (*expletive deleted*) about the release, and they are all just making crap up. Unsurprisingly, NVG has not responded to me yet. Hopefully I actually get a response.  I really wish NVG would just put something up on their website, with a release date and whether it is subbed or a new dub.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »
What we can gather from these listings is that they are preparing the set. I'd wager we'll see more info within the coming months.

NVG is probably releasing this set to go along with Brave Soldiers. Either that, or the movies sold well enough to warrant interest.

RobertG22

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
Isn't the new SS game set to be released here around Thanksgiving? Doesn't seem like it will be ready THAT fast. I imagine the movies are selling well, but not well enough for whatever company released them. NVG was probably willing to pay Toei more for the rights.

Just pray to Athena that the rest of the series is subbed and released!

chibi_hentai

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
Been poking on some other forums mentioning this and some are speculating that Toei is running this deal and might have paid to finish the dubbing on the missing episodes (which apparently they have done before? Or perhaps just paid for dubs in general). It seems the only concrete info is that NVG hasn't made a formal announcement of a release date, like with Zach Bell which they also seem to have nabbed at the same time for a dub only release, and all of this leaked information may be completely wrong. 

In either case there are only a few options:
-The dub is incomplete and the leaked information of a 'complete' set is wrong

-One company or another paid to finish dubbing 13 episodes

-All leaked information is wrong on the dubbing and it may be released duel-audio and subtitled.

So if they got their information wrong and only have 60 dubbed episodes to release, they've shot themselves in the foot. No one is going to (presumably) re-buy what they already own in a lesser form. If this is going to happen I would like to assume that the information we've been given so far is just incorrect, or they did manage to dub the last 13 episodes. Because that is the only option if it is in fact a dub only release. There are no existing English dubs past episode 60 they could license without filling in the gaps themselves. *shrugs*

I hope this gets a good release though :c I want to be hopeful but somehow the dub-only bits are dashing my hopes. Really was hoping Distok would be able to grab it because of the movies. Fingers crossed this turns out well.