Author Topic: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing  (Read 20504 times)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya Classic Sanctuary Complete DVD listing
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 05:04:28 AM »
No clue, but i have e-mailed the New Video Group asking for a comment, so we will see. They have released anime series before so it's nothing new to them.
This website states it will have 12 discs. And it has a small summary:

The story follows five mystical warriors called the "Saints" who fight wearing sacred armors, the designs of which are derived from the various constellations. The Characters have adopted as their destined guardian symbols, and empowered by a mystical energy. The Saints have sworn to defend the reincarnation of the Greek goddess Athena in her battle against the other Gods who want to dominate the world.

http://mvdb2b.com/s/SaintSeiyaSanctuaryClassicCompleteCollection/FLAT88128973D
I've noticed that people are speculating wether the 73 episodes of the Sanctuary arc will actually fit on 12 discs

They are also curious if it will be a rerelease of just ADVs 60 dubbed episodes, or simply be a new subbed version of the series.

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
That's a good question. I'd assume it;s just the ADV dub of the first 60 episodes, but I would love it if it was the entire first arc, up to the end of the Twelve Houses arc.

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »
If its 12 disks, then I agree odds are its going to be ADV's 60 episodes. But then again, who knows how many episodes you can cram onto a disk these days.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
RightStuf is claiming that the set will be dub only and have episodes 1 to 73.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/GM1EKYyO-CJuXgGEm1/browse/item/98926/4/0/0

My initial reaction was that it was bull, but we don't know if ADV dubbed anymore episodes before cancelling their Saint Seiya dub. Maybe they had recorded up to Asgard but didn't have it ready? Maybe it's a new dub entirely?

Regardless, this set continues to intrigue me.

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:18:02 AM »
RightStuf is claiming that the set will be dub only and have episodes 1 to 73.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/GM1EKYyO-CJuXgGEm1/browse/item/98926/4/0/0

My initial reaction was that it was bull, but we don't know if ADV dubbed anymore episodes before cancelling their Saint Seiya dub. Maybe they had recorded up to Asgard but didn't have it ready? Maybe it's a new dub entirely?

Regardless, this set continues to intrigue me.

Me too. I would love to have a complete season 1 on dvd

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Most of this company's stuff have just been the edited for TV English dubs of other anime like Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh.  I wonder if this is actually gonna be an uncut release for a show...

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »
Most of this company's stuff have just been the edited for TV English dubs of other anime like Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh.  I wonder if this is actually gonna be an uncut release for a show...

True, but Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh don't have any other dub available, except for that one discontinued set for Yu-Gi-Oh, which I don't kow if it was subbed or an actual extra dub. Also, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh and known primarily via their dubs. While I would have preferred if they included the Japanese VO, I think I understand why they chose not to include it. In all truthfulness, This is most likely the Knights of Zodiac dub, but I still think it's too early to say.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
This set was also listed for pre-order in September Preview magazine, http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK600001-620000/STK619699.jpg , from Diamond Comics. It would be nice if it's the full Sanctuary arc.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 01:28:15 PM »
What kind of magazine is it? Is it just for stuff that's coming out?

The Rightstuf listing updated with a picture of the cover.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »
It's the monthly magazine for Diamond Comic Distributor. Most American comic book stores order their merchandise from them.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
First off, it's called Saint Seiya (even on the packaging it seems). Secondly, no dub ever made it past 60 episodes (we know ADV was interested in doing more but never got a chance to). For it to be the full 73 episodes of the Sanctuary Arc, it would have to be sub-only (I doubt this company's big enough to have funded more of a dub, and even if it was, it would have been the much longer ADV dub over the shorter DiC dub).

Still, I'll wait until someone picks this up to see what's on the set. I'm sure it's sub-only, but I don't mind being cautious.

RobertG22

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 11:36:31 PM »
Pretty high price, but then Sanctuary is half the series, counting in the Hades OVAs. You could certainly squeeze in 73 episodes on 12 discs. Hell, I have the full 131 episodes burned onto 10 cheap discs I bought at Target. I assume, however, that this is the ADV dub. But hell, even if these are decent subs all the way up to 73, I'll drop the dough.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
Sub only would be just fine with me since anything other than the Japanese voices doesn't sound right after all these years. Plus it would be nice to retire these:

Although I still need to make a digital copy of the really cool commercials.

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
First off, it's called Saint Seiya (even on the packaging it seems). Secondly, no dub ever made it past 60 episodes (we know ADV was interested in doing more but never got a chance to). For it to be the full 73 episodes of the Sanctuary Arc, it would have to be sub-only (I doubt this company's big enough to have funded more of a dub, and even if it was, it would have been the much longer ADV dub over the shorter DiC dub).

Still, I'll wait until someone picks this up to see what's on the set. I'm sure it's sub-only, but I don't mind being cautious.

So, you think the dub only thing is inaccurate? That may be possible.

Were there any other English dubs of Saint Seiya outside of North America?