Author Topic: Saint Seiya Omega Ultimate Cosmo (PSP)  (Read 6455 times)

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
Saint Seiya Omega Ultimate Cosmo (PSP)
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:56:12 AM »
Didn't saw this topic here, only few nods in discussions elsewhere, so I created one.
Just finished the game, and it seems like it's classic Japanese Gaiden/Movie story, so you can't clearly say, in which part of the anime the story happens.
But I assume it's during the Core Ruins quest, but Aria is nowhere to be seen, so maybe, before they reached the Thunder ruins? I don't know to be exact and there are contradictions.
But all pays off to that they were making this game during that era, as one Gold Saint don't have their signature attacks from the series (Genbu, is doing combo with the Libra weapons)
and other Golds are using the attacks we saw in early portion of the series with Kiki using Mu's version of Crystal Wall.

I'm not skilled much in Japanese, but from what I got from summaries , the story is like this:
As Mars kidnaps Athena, Poseidon breaks the Athena's weakened seal and posses the body of Julian Solo again. Siren Sorrento is probably not enough alone for this task,
so he asks the current Saints to help him sealing Poseidon again. But their cloths and powers are not enough and they need to go to the collect 7 Aqua Drops which are related to the 7 Marine Generals (or the 7 seas), to obtain Triton Scale (it's same as Odin Robe sans the design) before encoutering Poseidon. Don't know what Athena is doing, but she is free from Mars in the game and assits Kouga and Seiya (who is alive and kicking in the story) in the end to stop Poseidon.

During the story, you encounter all these characters from Omega, but I don't know what actually is going on between them.
So what is the role of Gold Saints, Sonya, Ichi, Pavlin and Shaina in the story is mystery to me. Same as ehy are you fighting Sorrento at some point, that's maybe the test before fighting Poseidon.
Only thing I got myself is the ending of Seiya's story, where Athena asks him about the new Saints and he says that he approves of them as Athena's Saints.
Each character has it's Story Arcade ending, which consists of picture and two sentences he says before staff titles.

So I made this thread in first place to discuss the story and shed some light on it, as it's the most original one we got in video game, as the game have mostly it's characters based on the anime.

Here are some pictures:

Cover art:

Triton scales:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:15:03 PM by Tetsu Aero »

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya Omega Ultimate Cosmo (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »
Thanks, Dynamixx. I was wanting to know a little more about the game... ^-^

How many playable characters are there anyway?

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »
Thanks, Dynamixx. I was wanting to know a little more about the game... ^-^

How many playable characters are there anyway?

There are 18 characters (Most of them you need to unlock by beating arcade) + after beating respective Story modes as one of the six bronzes, you will unlock their characters equipped with Triton scale.
But they are same as their basic forms. + you can play Story mode as Seiya.
The other characters are: Aries Kiki, Libra Genbu, Leo Mycenae, Capricorn Ionia, Saggitarius Seiya, Hydra Ichi, Ophiuchus Shaina, Peacock Pavlin, Hornet Sonya, Siren Sorrento and Poseidon.
It's true that I miss some more gold saint from later part or there should be at least Mars or one of his generals.
Also as I said, the attacks of the Golds aren't exactly what they used in the show. Only Ionia is using his book word spells and Seiya have his kick and punch combo finished by Ryusei Ken.
Kiki have Mu's crystal wall, Genbu have some combo with Libra weapons and Mycenae have Aiolia's Lightning Plasma.
There are 4 animated videos. First is with Sorrento finding the Saints at night around fire and telling them about what happened. Second is Pegasus Fantasy with new Poseidon animations. Third and fourth are with Kouga in Triton scale and Seiya respectivelly, going with Athena against Poseidon. Both of them kinda mirrors what happened in Poseidon saga, as Seiya was going against Poseidon, until he stood up and went to clash with him.
There is fifth video, which is ending with montage of characters and game play footage.
The game play kinda same as those games on PS2, but only special mode with changing the screen is ultimate attack and pushing you opponent to wall or pillar, which destroys his cloth, that have 2 modes of destruction.
The game play really is simple, it's block and strike.

Tomsche

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • SocietÓ di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »
My japanese ain't that great either, but how do you actually save the unlocked characters?

I've beaten the arcade twice now with Soma, unlocked his Triton scale, but when I go out of the game and back in, he is gone again from the selectable characters...

I know japanese games are usually inverted (x being cancelling; o being confirm) but I think I've been selecting 'something' wrong somewhere, I usually picked the bottom option of the two when the arcade ended

Does anybody know of a site perhaps that has the basic menu translated, I know they are out there for Vita games usually, but can't find one for this psp game so far

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 12:21:56 AM »
My PSP has auto save, unless you turn it off.

Here is a 100% save:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/save/saint_seiya_omega_ultimate_cosmo_jp.zip

Try it and tell me if it works. I haven't gotten the game yet. It was selling the super expensive inflated price... : |

Tomsche

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 03:38:36 AM »
Thanks for the link, but I'm preferring to grind myself through the whole shabang itself, half the fun of an investment after all.  I even bought the PSP just for the game (I'm a Vita user).

I'm going to keep searching a bit around then still, I can't imagine you have to re-unlock characters each time you play
Problem solved, in UBER noobness with a PSP... I saw just a few moments ago that the Memory Card I bought with the console was still in it's packaging +pum pum pum, go me+

Call it an Ichi moment...

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 04:11:47 AM »
Ah ok! :D

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 02:17:52 PM »
Whoa, I'm sorry for your save loss, I have setup for autosave each time which I think is on as default..... BTW. do you have flash card in your PSP?

Tomsche

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 02:33:08 PM »
Yeah, problems are solved in the meantime, I'm about to full finish the game (like only arcade with Pavlin and Shun left to do  :shun:)

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »
As I finished the game, it little pissed me how it's actually bland. I would love some secret characters like Mars or one of his his four kings, or Hades.
Or they should've included more Marines.
I also didn't got with what few Japanese of mine I can, how is Mars included in the story, as the story clearly suggests that this Poseidon stuff is happening before the battle in Sanctuary.
Also the concept of aqua drops is clearly same as what was with those element stones in first part of omega, which suggested for Cloth upgrades and later was retardedly enough developed into second Athena's staff and killing of Aria,
as the leading into 12 palaces arc felt useless.

Tomsche

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:17:33 AM »
It is of course in essence only a beat em up suited for PSP, not the more powerful Vita, with all limitations that brings about.  Still easily playable on public transportation to and from work.

That said, I think it is quite okay in the perspective that it has decent graphics (on par more games from the PS3, or what I call 2.5).

I actually vind it quite a shame they didn't turn it into a Vita PSN game, 12 trophies could have been easily imported in the current game (about which actually, I'm going to be rambling on my blog about comming sunday hehe).

Now storywise, what I make up of it, is that Poseidon is actually helping this generation bronzes by reaching a higher level of cosmo (what represents in the Triton scales) in order to prepare the Mars confrontation.  Like he sort of aided the previous generation by porting the gold cloths to Elysium.  Mars is only an external menace; Athena is his sister ;-)