Author Topic: New anime based on CGI film rumor  (Read 15195 times)

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: New anime based on CGI film rumor
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 09:10:44 AM »
Ah right for Spring, my mistake xD

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »
No, the rumour was for the LoS producer to do a spin of series of the movie, and that evidently didn't happen :)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 12:44:58 PM »
Regardless of the outcome of the movie if this was planned they would have aired it , a project no matter how big or small it takes a lot of time and of course a lot of money.  They would have let us know from the start .."sell" that idea somehow.  Even for LoS...we were informed on Feb 2012 that they were going to make the movie (finally) but that meant that they were already working on it. The movie was finished early this year and they released it to the public in the summer.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that the rumor was about SoG , that they heard a new series of Saint Seiya would be out after the movie (that Saint Seiya wasn't over) but apparently the message was lost somewhere.

There was only one sure thing in the news. With the movie a new series would come. Others said it could be a new start for Omega, others said it could be the continuation of the Lost Canvas others even said that it was probably Next Dimension (with that little story there was no way it would be that) and last but not least others said that it was something like a sequel to the LoS movie (I am guessing this is the one eh?).

However "new" is always misinterpreted. No one guessed that it would be a completely new series (sure it is based on the original series but that has never happened before) that does not continue any of the above.

SageofTime

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 10:14:05 PM »
Regardless of the outcome of the movie if this was planned they would have aired it , a project no matter how big or small it takes a lot of time and of course a lot of money.  They would have let us know from the start .."sell" that idea somehow.  Even for LoS...we were informed on Feb 2012 that they were going to make the movie (finally) but that meant that they were already working on it. The movie was finished early this year and they released it to the public in the summer.

I agree with you that if there was going to a new anime or sequel for LoS we would heard about it already. But since the movie bombed I wouldn't think they would do that. 

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
    • I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 03:11:24 PM »

I guess what I am trying to say here is that the rumor was about SoG , that they heard a new series of Saint Seiya would be out after the movie (that Saint Seiya wasn't over) but apparently the message was lost somewhere.

There was only one sure thing in the news. With the movie a new series would come. Others said it could be a new start for Omega, others said it could be the continuation of the Lost Canvas others even said that it was probably Next Dimension (with that little story there was no way it would be that) and last but not least others said that it was something like a sequel to the LoS movie (I am guessing this is the one eh?).

However "new" is always misinterpreted. No one guessed that it would be a completely new series (sure it is based on the original series but that has never happened before) that does not continue any of the above.
Not quite, the head of Toei at the time was very explicit and clear about it. His words were: if the movie goes well, we will make a series from it. No chance of misinterpretating.
Now, he didn't say when - so it's still possible there will be a series spinning off from the movie in 2016 or 2017 - and he didn't clarify what would qualify as "goes well". So far, ticket sales have been pretty rubbish across the world, so I suppose it will depend on the Saint Cloth Legend figures.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
http://icavalieridellozodiaco.myfreeforum.org/

SageofTime

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 05:07:41 PM »
Not quite, the head of Toei at the time was very explicit and clear about it. His words were: if the movie goes well, we will make a series from it. No chance of misinterpretating.
Now, he didn't say when - so it's still possible there will be a series spinning off from the movie in 2016 or 2017 - and he didn't clarify what would qualify as "goes well". So far, ticket sales have been pretty rubbish across the world, so I suppose it will depend on the Saint Cloth Legend figures.

Even if they were planning to do a spin-off of this I don't think many people would watch this anime because not many people liked the movie and I don't know if Kurumada would approve of this well I don't know what conversations he had with toei about this.

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 05:24:39 PM »
Even if they were planning to do a spin-off of this I don't think many people would watch this anime because not many people liked the movie and I don't know if Kurumada would approve of this well I don't know what conversations he had with toei about this.

I don't think kuru-sensei has any say when it comes to anime at this point. if he had any say, I don't think he would have approved of omega crap, tenkai cramp, and LoShit...

the anime license is strictly up to toei now, no?
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

SageofTime

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
I don't think kuru-sensei has any say when it comes to anime at this point. if he had any say, I don't think he would have approved of omega crap, tenkai cramp, and LoShit...

I know that he was apart of LoS but I don't understand why he was okay with the changes they made with the movie because as I mentioned before the movie went nothing like the manga.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »

Actually Kurumada holds the king card... if he says no... the series can't happen for several reasons... even thought he have no direct influence on how things goes for the animated series, if he says that he don't want them to continue, they will have no other choice, but to leave the franchise.

My thinking is that Kuru haven't done this by now, because he wants his franchise to have more fans, not just on the manga, but on the anime... and let's not talk about if he says 'NO!', how many people he will be disappointing, I believe he is thinking here bigger than any of us... he is aware that if he stops the series, TOEI will announce, that he did that... so many people will hate him for that, may be even stop buying his manga... does leading him to ruin... you have no idea how powerful can be the media, even if you are the correct one and they are the wrong one....

I believe that Kuru is trying to maintain his fanbase with some anime going on.... it may be garbage, but it still exist, and makes some people happy... that includes me... no matter how garbage it is, I know that the SS franchise haven't died and Kuru keeps doing his best... and no matter how badly is done... I will always watch it to the end... because I am true a fan :P

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2015, 03:43:18 AM »

You are missing the point here. First of all when you say something like "if the movie goes well" it means you are unsure of how good it is. If you spent too much money on a project I believe that you make sure that it will be a success. I don't know if he was joking or whatever but when you make a series that has almost nothing in it but amazing graphics it is bound to fail. They wasted a lot of money just to make a movie that was not good at all.

If you ask me about the figures...I don't think they will sell, who wants a figure that is based on something that proved to be worse than bad?

That's what I thought too but it turns out that for Omega they did get the approval from Masami (and why do you keep calling him sensei? he is not a teacher nor a doctor..anyway) to do Omega and they did get the approval for Milo to be female in LoS. They didn't do entirely everything without Masami's consent.  

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2015, 05:38:28 AM »
That's what I thought too but it turns out that for Omega they did get the approval from Masami (and why do you keep calling him sensei? he is not a teacher nor a doctor..anyway)

Sensei can also be used to address formally a mangaka/mangaya. Most people go "Kurumada Sensei" ;)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2015, 08:45:17 AM »
Well wasn't there a rumor around 2007, that Kurumada wanted to get his franchise from Bandai, but couldn't due to the cost?
So maybe he just accepted his defeat or he's scheming some plan?

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
Sensei can also be used to address formally a mangaka/mangaya. Most people go "Kurumada Sensei" ;)

Oh, I never knew that..I always assumed that sensei was equivalent to professor/doctor...thank you. :)

Well wasn't there a rumor around 2007, that Kurumada wanted to get his franchise from Bandai, but couldn't due to the cost?
So maybe he just accepted his defeat or he's scheming some plan?

You mean like he tried to make them stop making Myth Cloths? that would be terrible (for me) but I guess he thought about his work would be ruined...eh which it did. Is really Bandai tho responsible for those atrocities? I always thought that Bandai only made figures of a series for people who like to collect this kind of things thus making money...now if they are involved somehow in this...then shame on them, that's the first time I hear that.

If that rumor tho was true would he be still scheming anything at all at this point? Just asking.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2015, 02:17:52 PM »
If that rumor tho was true would he be still scheming anything at all at this point? Just asking.

I don't Seiya-kun, but I feel like he is giving up on this franchise...for unknown reason for me... :(

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
    • I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »
You are missing the point here. First of all when you say something like "if the movie goes well" it means you are unsure of how good it is. If you spent too much money on a project I believe that you make sure that it will be a success. I don't know if he was joking or whatever but when you make a series that has almost nothing in it but amazing graphics it is bound to fail. They wasted a lot of money just to make a movie that was not good at all.
It's not a waste, it's a matter of degrees of success. In the past, they made movies from the series, now they decided to use the movie to test the ground and see what type of response it would receive. I did buy the Gemini Legend figure and it's not so bad. I quite like the fact the Cloth is already on the figure and doesn't fall apart every time you try a new pose.

That's what I thought too but it turns out that for Omega they did get the approval from Masami (and why do you keep calling him sensei? he is not a teacher nor a doctor..anyway) to do Omega and they did get the approval for Milo to be female in LoS. They didn't do entirely everything without Masami's consent.

Kurumasa is very involved in everything they do. Here is a long list of interviews every fan should read and know. They reveal a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. From how Gundam artists were very involved in the creation of the first anime cloths to Kurumada's role in this film, and much much more. They are in French, but Google Translate makes reasonable English translations.
http://www.saintseiyapedia.com/wiki/Interviews

If that rumor tho was true
It's not, just rubbish really. Again, read the interviews.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
http://icavalieridellozodiaco.myfreeforum.org/