Author Topic: New anime based on CGI film rumor  (Read 15220 times)

Saga

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: New anime based on CGI film rumor
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2015, 01:45:30 AM »
I don't know if this is off topic or not but what if Toei redoes the original anime but sticking very close to the manga like no steel saints, the guy who has the big cat face on his cloth (Docrates), Camus being Hyoga's master etc. I think they would get more fans that way I could be wrong.

In my opinion they dont need to redo the original, instead do a new one (continue) but give the animation to great companies like the ones who animated the anime: "Attack on Titan" or "Gurren Lagann" with fights and not basic story. To see your favorite character ending up shouting his technique name and thats it, its not accepted anymore. The music plays a big role. Example of great scene, Kouga vs Abzu, the animation was awesome, the fight was great, the coloring, the background music, they worked together, same thing for Episode 11 of Omega when Myceane appeared for the first time. Lost Canvas had nice animations but the characters looked bulky and they looked more beautiful in The original manga, there was no details for The cloths, the music sucked. I would really love to see a new Saint Seiya made by the above companies. see the below amv, no matter how many times I see it, I get the same feeling, simply beautiful!

http://youtu.be/TblCuC0JiuI

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2015, 02:44:42 AM »
In my opinion they dont need to redo the original, instead do a new one (continue) but give the animation to great companies like the ones who animated the anime: "Attack on Titan" or "Gurren Lagann" with fights and not basic story. To see your favorite character ending up shouting his technique name and thats it, its not accepted anymore. The music plays a big role. Example of great scene, Kouga vs Abzu, the animation was awesome, the fight was great, the coloring, the background music, they worked together, same thing for Episode 11 of Omega when Myceane appeared for the first time. Lost Canvas had nice animations but the characters looked bulky and they looked more beautiful in The original manga, there was no details for The cloths, the music sucked. I would really love to see a new Saint Seiya made by the above companies. see the below amv, no matter how many times I see it, I get the same feeling, simply beautiful!

http://youtu.be/TblCuC0JiuI

It's done pretty well, but this specifically is fan-made... I am not speaking about the parts from SSTLC, but for the music and how the scenes are cut and some of the colors are implied by effects from a video making program...

What I think is that something like between TLC, Attack of Titans and Fairy Tail Compositor... will do perfect justice for a new SS Animation... but we can only dream about it...

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
It's done pretty well, but this specifically is fan-made... I am not speaking about the parts from SSTLC, but for the music and how the scenes are cut and some of the colors are implied by effects from a video making program...

What I think is that something like between TLC, Attack of Titans and Fairy Tail Compositor... will do perfect justice for a new SS Animation... but we can only dream about it...

Yeah I know that, what I meant is even fans were able to sync well between scenes, music, voice, ...etc in fact if I remember correctly, LC was done by same animation director of Attack on Titan, but LC had issues I mentioned before. Even though there are so many Omega haters, but watch this scene >>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaJ1DRd4S38

I never get bored of this part!!! this level of awesomeness only in the likes of Gurren Lagann ending, Shin-Getter, Attack on Titan, animation, fight, music...etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KyQtIq3mDk

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »
Eh...no thanks, I am trying to forget that it existed...

TwilightBlader

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2015, 04:14:22 PM »
Yeah I know that, what I meant is even fans were able to sync well between scenes, music, voice, ...etc in fact if I remember correctly, LC was done by same animation director of Attack on Titan, but LC had issues I mentioned before. Even though there are so many Omega haters, but watch this scene >>>

I never get bored of this part!!! this level of awesomeness only in the likes of Gurren Lagann ending, Shin-Getter, Attack on Titan, animation, fight, music...etc

I agree, in my opinion Kouga vs Abzu was the greatest moment in all of Saint Seiya. It really did bring season one to a great end despite how dull the first part of season one was...(I did enjoy the gold saint arc though). The Athena's Exclamation scene was the greatest scene for me as well....but they sort of ruined that with them sleeping under the rubble....

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2015, 08:51:54 PM »

Heh for some reason, I don't find Omega Battle for taking down Abzu, that special or anything like that... especially the last part with white and black, where the lines are not drawn, or showing the scenes clearly or the character lines... it felt like it was straight out of the Alpha state... never finished, like coloring, animation and shits like that...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2015, 12:22:25 AM »
Heh for some reason, I don't find Omega Battle for taking down Abzu, that special or anything like that... especially the last part with white and black, where the lines are not drawn, or showing the scenes clearly or the character lines... it felt like it was straight out of the Alpha state... never finished, like coloring, animation and shits like that...

I agree, it was horrible... I don't get why people got excited all over it but I can tell what was their best part...Kouga being Dark and beating up every single one...but I still didn't like that part either :P

Saga

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:50 AM »

Actually the last below was so stylish and it seems appealing to many fans, thats why they keep repeating in endings of other animes (Gurren Lagann, Shin Getter, Attack on Titan, ...etc) would you rather Seiya/Kouga pointing at Abzu while shouting the attack name! :P compare such fights with Eden vs Kouga Abzu!

See how much the animation ruined Rhadamanthys vs Kanon!!! uggghhhh I feel so sorry for both of them because of bad animation. Compare their fight with Rhadamanthys vs Bronze Saints (Hades Chapter Sanctuary) the animation, the style, the background music, the performance of the actors. It was a whole different league.

I agree, it was horrible... I don't get why people got excited all over it but I can tell what was their best part...Kouga being Dark and beating up every single one...but I still didn't like that part either Tongue

I never liked Possessed Kouga, but I can't deny the way he beat the Bronze Saints was awesome, there was actually a fight, something you could see, not only standing and suddenly you find the heroes on the ground! with very weak animation!

To promote Saint Seiya among new fans, they actually need animation like Hades Sanctuary Chapter, Tenkai Hen, Lost Canvas. Battles like Eden vs Possessed Kouga or Abzu, battles like what we see in Gurren Lagann/Attack on Titan & DBZ, with Saint Seiya classic musics playing in the background, along with Omega/Hades Sanctuary Chapter coloring they will definitely attract new fans and retain most of the old fans. Plus the trend among Shonen Battle Anime fans these days is to witness power of characters thats why the author of popular Shonen Manga started giving their characters display of great power (Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Toriko, Gurren Lagann) most of them now in each individual chapter are trying to display new broken technique or power. Saint Seiya does have what it takes to display such stuffs and they kinda did it in Omega (Abzu, Saturn). They don't want to see Hyoga or Ikki dancing on the battle field! As much as I love Saint Seiya, I know very well if they don't change their way in presenting the anime/manga they would fail in the perspective of new anime/manga fans. I am really concerned about SS Soul of Gold, they are dedicating anime for my favorite characters in SS, I really wish they don't mess it up like what they did with Hades Underworld & Elysion chapters!

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
I am really concerned about SS Soul of Gold, they are dedicating anime for my favorite characters in SS, I really wish they don't mess it up like what they did with Hades Underworld & Elysion chapters!

Me too! I am also concern because they are going for one of the best characters in the whole SS Franchise... and I really hope they don't fuck it up...

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »
i have no faith in toei handling saint seiya, so i m gonna start off with a lowered expectation. if it turns out to be good, good! if it sucked like omega, at least my hopes werent up to begin with.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

SageofTime

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »
Kurumasa is very involved in everything they do. Here is a long list of interviews every fan should read and know. They reveal a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. From how Gundam artists were very involved in the creation of the first anime cloths to Kurumada's role in this film, and much much more. They are in French, but Google Translate makes reasonable English translations.
It only goes up to 2013 and they are talking about Omega.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »
It only goes up to 2013 and they are talking about Omega.

Where is that link for which Shiryi speaks?