Author Topic: Cloth Myth Series Live, Ex, Crown!!  (Read 100042 times)

dedwing11

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
    • Hobby-gasmic
Re: Cloth Myth Series Live, Ex, Crown!!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 06:02:23 AM »
in that case big fat thanks bandai :(
the Crown line will be near impossible to afford like this, wonder how many characters will get this treatment if they're dependent on sales...

darn, those EX line are looking wonderful, actually it's the torso articulation that's making this difficult for me  :^_^U:... I hope I don't get tempted with the 5 bronze saints no matter how hard bandai sells.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
You're not alone. EX Saga is putting Good Saga and Bad Saga on my shoulders and they are arguing about buying them or not!!!   :roflcat:

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »
:kanon-casual2:  :  Just Buuuuuuuyyyyyy! :D

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
For Saga (and Ikki when they make him) it's a must buy. Not so much for the others except for perhaps Shiryu when he's made.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
Watch it again, Ex, Crown Promo Movie:
http://bandaitv.jp/streaming/seiya_eigo_1m_jdhzq.asx

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:08 PM »
You're not alone. EX Saga is putting Good Saga and Bad Saga on my shoulders and they are arguing about buying them or not!!!   :roflcat:

Well, there's also the question of whether these figures leads to a whole new line of EX appendix.  E.g. for Gemini, there could be OCE appendix, Kanon parts, etc.  That's gonna hurt even more.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 02:09:36 PM »
Yer, if you believe the guy in charge, he says, one of the reasons for the EX line is because releasing more Append for the other CM characters couldn't be possible, so they might as well renew the whole freaking thing... : |

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2011, 02:33:05 PM »
Yer, if you believe the guy in charge, he says, one of the reasons for the EX line is because releasing more Append for the other CM characters couldn't be possible, so they might as well renew the whole freaking thing... : |

Well, if that were the case, then I'd really be P.O.  It's such an half-assed job for the appendix, Bandai should at least have the decency to finsih MC appendix.  MC is MC, EX is EX. 

Taco o' Tragedy

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • keepin' that pimp-hand strong
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2011, 07:32:15 PM »
Son of a...

Well, don't have the Sagittarius Myth Cloth in any shape or form so I'll bite. The other goldies, especially that mofo Saga, will be a tough call.

*throws his regular Gemini Myth Cloth, wallet, and credit cards at Bandai representatives*

Just keep it, Bandai, just keep it! Damn you and your awesome toys. >:|

Well, he had to learn it from somewhere...

Proteus

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2011, 03:02:44 AM »
This's the nterview to Yoshitaka Fujii in FigureOh 160
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1064/20110524052055657.jpg
translated by Garion-Oh in Pluschan forum

Interview with Yoshitaka Fujii.
A native of Tokyo, Pisces. He comes in Bandai in 2004. After working in dressing department, from April 2010 goes to Collectors area.
He's 'in charge of the fourth generation of the Saint Cloth Myth. Meanwhile, also in charge of deformed lines known as "R-Style " and "Half-Age Girls. "
He was already a fan of Myth Cloth. His favorite character is Seiya and his favorite saga is the one of the 12 temple.

Saint Cloth Myth EX

In truth there were a lot of customers who wanted a renewal of the Gold Saint, so that requests through polls equals that of the warrior women.
Obviously there were some customers who said, "but do not go well the Appendix yet?", but the price with which they were first put on the market has changed from the current one, so that the Sagittarius released in January had a price close to 4000 yen. Customers have had this Sagittarius Aiolos, but the remaining Gold Saint were judged too difficult to achieve. At that point we decided to redo again.
So the EX  isn't a simple V2.0, but the beginning of a new "myth. " To illustrate this concept has been chosen as the first exit Saga. He was one of the characters who had been most impressed by its pose at the end of the saga of the 12 houses and at the same time a character was released in the first period of Myth. If you compare it with the old product, differences will appear obvious.
EX stands for Exclamation EX, a demonstration of wonder. At first we wanted to call our own line "Exclamation Saint Cloth Myth, " but since it was too long we decided to shorten it in EX.
Just as Athena Exclamation you run in 3, this line has three strengths. The first is the increased mobility. A result not obtainable with the Appendix. One example is the installation for the Galaxian Explosion.
The second is to improve the styling. So far, the Myth were made ​​thinking of heaviness, while the EX is designed to have a style similar to that seen in the scenes of the anime, going to improve the shape of the Object, which is essential for a myth.
Finally, the third parts are the extras. Many more interchangeable hands and faces, to place it at will. The cloak, the point that distinguishes the Gold Saint, was made ​​of ABS and with his mobility. Articles are designed to be more playable because of the above. The line created so far include the Gold Cloth and New Bronze Cloth. Obviously we will have the flexibility to respond to customer requests, but at least we think we make these 17 characters.

Saint Cloth Crown

Saint Cloth Crown

The name of the brand, Crown, means the crown of the king being a line that exceeds the Saint Cloth Myth name comes from the character "kou"in "kyokou"  with Kyuu (class), thus becoming Koukyuu (royal class).
This is a completely different from the EX, which has evolved from Myth. As has been conceived as a line in scale 1 / 6, to make them look realistic armor have been redesigned to give an idea of how Cloth armor can really exist. The fact that we managed to separate the armature of the arms and legs according to the original scheme is due to the fact that the scale is 1 / 6. Although the object is designed to accommodate the shell of his hands. I think it can easily satisfy fans of classic Myth.
Seiya's wings, the first character that we have achieved, have been a big problem.
After him, we plan to make the other worn by Gold Cloth Bronze Saint. Only already Sagittarius Seiya will be sold at nearly 20,000 yen, so it will be even higher Libra Shiryu. As the program exits must be made ​​with caution, we do not think a development as large as that for the EX. Personally I would like to achieve the 5 Bronze with Gold Cloth and I'd also produce Hades and Poseidon.

A message to fans

Parallel to the EX will continue to leave the traditional Myth. We're planning to make those characters that are in high demand and are still missing in the line. We will make sure of female warriors. We are also thinking about several other Specter as Harpy Valentine.
Saint Cloth Myth I have a lot of success not only in Japan but around the world. The visibility of this product is high, but is not expected that Bandai would have enjoyed so much success around the world. The next product we want to achieve by having this in mind.

Note by me: Valentine with Sylphid Basilisk were actually inserted in the poll of the myth cloth of Sky Sho, substituing the voices of Black and Steel saint ;)

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
Re: interview to the new responsible of Myth Ex & Crown
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2011, 01:59:28 PM »
Very interesting. I was especially pleased by this part:

Saint Cloth Myth I have a lot of success not only in Japan but around the world. The visibility of this product is high, but is not expected that Bandai would have enjoyed so much success around the world. The next product we want to achieve by having this in mind.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 05:46:25 AM »

Leo Regulus

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
Is Aiolos' eyes fixed or am I hoping too much? From this magazine scan he looks alright compare to the <____> eyes we can see in the close-up shots in this thread

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »
You know, I think this is what's up Bandai's sleeves.

They will release the 5 golds for crown:  sag, libra, aqua, leo, virgo.  I'd bet they're planning to do so for the rest of the goldies as well.

So, there'd be like, a dozen crown figures.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2011, 11:06:28 AM »
@Leo Regulus

I think all these are still proto type. I'm hoping the color and finish of the Gold pieces in the final product are as bright as proto. I hate bad coloring!

@geminikanon

I wouldn't be surprised by that. I'm waiting for Aries myself...