Author Topic: Cloth Myth Series Live, Ex, Crown!!  (Read 100043 times)

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
Re: Cloth Myth Series Live, Ex, Crown!!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
No the eyes are to far apart and the nose is to far down even for Kurumada's style of drawing

Ailos looks like he's constipated ... probably had bad sushi.

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 12:58:14 PM »
More EX pics!!
http://ameblo.jp/toripon510/
Well to be honest, if Bandai colored the old ones the right color of Gold, then I would say yer, it follows the anime or manga but it actually doesn't do either justice... With the Append it helped but the one I see as following the manga faithfully is Thanatos only, and then they colored Hypnos with anime color so I didn't buy it...

Well, I wasn't so much referring to the color scheme as I was about the drawing/sculpting details.  Anime style faces tend to be younger, slimer, compared to manga style which is, in my opinion, more proportioned.  Yeah ... don't get me started with the right coloring of gold ...

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »
As a favorite, the Saga is a must for me. Of course that's kind of how I got started the last time around...
Really when I think about it, that's how I got started with the first series of figures back in the late 1980's.
Damn you Bandai!

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 01:38:51 AM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:21:57 AM by AriesMu188 »

Virgo Constellation

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
don't like the new Saga face...

don't like Aiolos's face...

I wonder what this means for the future of Appendix.

Will they overhaul every character with an EX?

Doubt I will have the budget to buy many or any of the EX line.
"I'm not going to play 'break the pillar' with you guys. I'm going to take Poseidon's damn head off!" - Ikki

Tomsche

• View Profile
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
Might casue a decrease in the regular Myth`s prizes... which is kinda nice

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »
Hmmm, it seems that  the EX doesn't come with pope accessories. 

I wonder if we can fit the MC pope cloth on the EX Saga.  They appeared to be the same height ...

In addition, I see two boxes for EX Gemini:  black with graphics and gold.  Are there 2 versions?  Or does the gold box fit inside the black one with graphics?

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 11:36:22 AM »
Might casue a decrease in the regular Myth`s prizes... which is kinda nice

I'm still missing the 2 Brothers and VERY PICKY about Aiolos one. All the Reissue ones have this UGLY line on the Shin Guards so only looking for 1st Release which is difficult to find now. :(

Btw, in case anyone not notice, the new EX are supposely 18cm.

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »
don't like the new Saga face...

don't like Aiolos's face...

I wonder what this means for the future of Appendix.

Will they overhaul every character with an EX?

Doubt I will have the budget to buy many or any of the EX line.

You know, I really hope they don't overhaul every character ... it's costly enough collecting the MC series.  Although I'm not sure if that makes much sense to be honest.  There are NRE cost (design/manufacturing) associated with new releases ... I mean, Bandai can surely milk the goldies, but I wonder how many people would buy, say, EX Mariners when they already have the MC version.  Going from the classic to MC is a huge leap.  Going from MC to EX is marginal improvement in my opinion, especially for most figures released these past few years.  What I hope is that they can perhaps release EX for the earlier figures, and leave the perfectly decent ones alone.  E.g.

EX for goldies (already confirmed)
EX for bronzies (I suspect Bandai will release them for all versions.)
EX for the 3 judges (well, this is a big maybe)

and nothing else!!!   I really hope they continue with the appendix to fix the old MC cloths ... at least appendix for Dohko and Shura.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
In addition, I see two boxes for EX Gemini:  black with graphics and gold.  Are there 2 versions?  Or does the gold box fit inside the black one with graphics?

Yer, the Black is outside one you see. And then you take it off and the Gold one is the one where you can split it like a book if I'm not mistaken... ;)

geminikanon

• Silver Saint
  • Destroyer of Galaxies
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »
Btw, in case anyone not notice, the new EX are supposely 18cm.

So that's roughly the same height right?  I suspect that the MC will be slightly shorter than the EX ... but shouldn't be a problem for the Pope's robe.  However, the problem is whether Saga's hair will fit with the Pope's helmet ... i.e. the draping part of the hair that is.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
Hmmmm....maybe the MC Head can fit into the EX Body? So that will allow the Pope Helmet to fit Saga's head.

Anyhow, personally from someone-who-is-always-BROKE, I hope after they clear the Gold Saints EX, they will go on to the Specters instead.
Am sure I'm not the only idiot out there who's into the "Calefare/One-Chapter-Die-Already" Major Specters like Balrog, Behemoth, Sphinx, Basilisk, Harpy etc.
Or just gimmie LC Bennu and LC Wyvern Ver 2.....

Virgo Constellation

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
is the EX meant to be a "new line" like an alternative style, or is it meant to be a replacement?

BEcause it looks to me that they are slightly more stylised figures. They may even have different production standards, like AriesMu says, if you are familiar with gundam, there are lots of different ranges, in different scales, AND different qualities.

The EX look kind of like... cant remeber the name of the line... of that line they released recently... that was an assortment of many different robots inclusing gundams.. that looked slightly stylised and a little cartoony.
"I'm not going to play 'break the pillar' with you guys. I'm going to take Poseidon's damn head off!" - Ikki

turningegg

• Saint in Training
  • iShop2go goto shop
    • View Profile
    • www.ishop2go.com
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »

Saint Cloth Crown :

With a name derived from the regal splendor, “CROWN” this all new Saint Cloth series brings the spirit of the anime to a large scale (1/6scale, 12inch) figure. Introducing an even higher-end Saint Cloth figure series that will go beyond the highly-articulated, cutting-edge Saint Cloth Myth series! The sheer weight of a fully-armored figure at this size becomes clear when comparing to the Saint Cloth Myth Series. There is the detailed decoration, and Meticulously crafted detail.

Introducing the key points of the Saint Cloth Crown series.

Scale
You will be surprised when you see this figure. The scale is larger than former Saint Cloth series (1/6 scale, 12inch, approximately 30cm). And then there is the detailed decoration and Meticulously crafted detail.

Gimmick
A freedom of articulated movement. It can catch an archer's stance, and its golden wings spread wide. This wing span rendered into the grandness of 1/6 scale. And interchangeable head parts that allow for replication of two characters- Seiya and Aiolos, are also included.

Object
Cloth (armor) parts can be used to construct object. Just as when worn as armor, the cloth parts can be exquisitely displayed as an object. An elegant display stand enhances the aesthetics of this masterpiece as the objects shines in this larger scale. Prepare to be entranced and to feel as if you are looking upon the real thing!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saint Cloth Myth EX:

All new cloth series that represents a huge leap in the evolution of the Saint Cloth Myth figure series. A complete renovation of the figure that strives for superior articulation with cloth (armor) parts attached. The letters EX stand for “exclamation” and reflects the endeavor to create “amazement” and “wonder". Its movement, form, and more... all aspects of this new line surpass the former line.

The lineup of Saint Cloth Myth EX starts from Gemini Saga! Introducing the three “Exclamations” of the Saint Cloth Myth EX series:

Point 1- MOVEMENT
Each parts feature entirely new constructs enabling for a wide range of articulation even when figure is wearing cloth (armor) parts! This incredible level of articulation when the figure is wearing cloth allows for improved portrayal of finishing-move action poses.

Point 2- “FORM”
A complete remodeling of the action figure creating a perfect, seamless fit with the cloth (armor) parts. A form looks like it walked right out of an anime scene.

Point Three- “AND MORE”
Multiple facial expression parts have been included. Gemini Saga will include a total of FIVE interchangeable face parts. These are combined with a wealth of interchangeable hand parts to allow for freedom of posing and expression.

In addition, the first release of Gemini Saga will include limited first production bonus effect parts replicating Gemini Saga’s signature move,
“Galaxian Explosion!”
----iShop2go  goto shop----
SHOP: http://www.ishop2go.com
BLOG: http://ishop2go.blogspot.com

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:31 AM »
I think you talking about Robot Damashii... ;)

Bandai would have killed it if they just include stands for the EX instead of making you buy it separately. They should sell the EX stands regardless but if there is stand inside the EX already people would lean more to buy it... : |