Poll

What is your favorite Saint Seiya series?

Saint Seiya (manga)
Saint Seiya (anime)
Saint Seiya (movies)
Episode G
Next Dimension
The Lost Canvas (manga)
The Lost Canvas (anime)
Omega
Kurumada's Manga (SS+ND)
Anime Canon (SSA+SSM+Omega)
Alternative Manga (EG, LC)
All Manga
All Anime
Everything
Other Combination

Author Topic: What is your favorite Saint Seiya Series?  (Read 7985 times)

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite Saint Seiya Series?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »
If the Cloth design was the same for both manga and anime from the beginning, maybe, but as everyone can see it was not. ;)

And like I said before, Saint Seiya anime in the beginning was a failure... The announcement of anime show was in Jump Issue 38. That's more than 30 weeks after the first ch of the manga... If the anime guys were involved even before the manga was drawn I doubt if it take that long for the anime to surface... :)

Still, that's comparatively cast compared to Dragon Ball, which started over a year after Dragon Ball's manga started. Saint Seiya's anime adaptation started ridiculously early.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
No doubt, it was fast but you don't see that many artistic differences in Dragon anime vs manga. But Saint Seiya it is very varied. Look at the Ver 2, 3 of the manga Peg Cloth. If they were really meeting from the beginning and pushing for selling figures, there's no way they would let the differences be that huge.

And it was Toei+Bandai who admitted they adjusted to meet with the manga design in Asgard and Posei, not the other way around...

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »
I love the original anime, and Lost Canvas in both manga and anime form. ...As for Kuru's manga version of Saint Seiya, I've never been able to get over his style (boxheads) - I do love his style in B'tX and Evil Crusher Maya, though. ...Blizzard from Evil Crusher isn't quite as boxheaded as most of Kuru's earlier characters (see this). <3

Haven't watched Omega or read Next Dimension and Episode G yet - the art of EG turns me off so I doubt that will go to my list of favorites. :\

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
I love the original anime, and Lost Canvas in both manga and anime form. ...As for Kuru's manga version of Saint Seiya, I've never been able to get over his style (boxheads) - I do love his style in B'tX and Evil Crusher Maya, though. ...Blizzard from Evil Crusher isn't quite as boxheaded as most of Kuru's earlier characters (see this). <3

Haven't watched Omega or read Next Dimension and Episode G yet - the art of EG turns me off so I doubt that will go to my list of favorites. :\

Do you think you'll check out any of those series in the near future? First readings/viewings of a series can lead to some good discussion.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
I tend to read and watch anything Saint Seiya -related, except doujinshi. :3 So no fear, we will have stuff to talk about one of these days.

Mitra

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 07:37:53 AM »
hmmm if i had to choose only 1 between all of the saint seiya series i would go with the hades chapter OVAs.. it has the best art style between the classic anime, though the fights were more violent more bloody in the original 114 episodes..
but in total i like most of saint seiya works, except from saint seiya omega..omega annoys me and its NOTHING like saint seiya! but ill still watch it since it is part of saint seiya works.. the movies werent that bad, and the heaven chapter the best art in saint seiya up until now, but it was failure plot wise..
i also like lost canvas alot.. everything in it was really well made ^^

Reikyavic

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
My loyalty lies with original manga and anime (+ Next Dimension + Hades arc OVAs), but I wouldn't bash any SS related work really. I believe there is good qualities in each of them, and variety itself is very good thing; there is something to like for almost everyone.

I tried to watch Lost Canvas and Omega. Heck, I may even try again sometime in future, because wow, they seemed interesting and well done series, even if they didn't exactly blow my mind and give me that temporal addiction to novelty. "Must not sleep until I've seen evenry bit of this!!"

I see pattern here, because I've treated sequels to some of my other favourite series with similar fashion: I'm kinda interested, and exited because "omg I used to love this", but when I should get my ass to actually watch the newest things I kinda don't feel like it.

On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
The original manga, for sure.  Kurumada's art has a certain charm to it, and the writing is much better than the anime adaptation.

Rama Olendris

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Watashi ha watashi sore dake
    • View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Although the Lost Canvas anime is beautiful I had to vote for the LC manga simply because it's complete. I have a little bit of an issue with series that are not completed. I may enjoy them just as they are quite a bit but always in the back of my mind I am a bit miffed at their uncompletedness.
emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht daer nac uoy fi.

Tsuruhime

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
I love the classic Saint Seiya anime, Hades Sanctuary OVAs, Episode G and The Lost Canvas manga ;)

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »
Classic Kurumada manga and the original anime to be sure and then Lost Canvas in both it's manga and anime versions. 

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 10:49:14 PM »
The original manga and anime. With a slight preference for the anime I've watched since I was a kid  :shun:
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »
My favorite is probably the original Saint Seiya anime, followed by Omega. I've been enjoying Soul of Gold as well.