Author Topic: LGBT of the forum.  (Read 10128 times)

Die_Flux

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
LGBT of the forum.
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:36:40 PM »
Hi there, i just have found some LGBT folks fans of Saint Seiya around the topics. This one is for we meet ourselves and have a notion of how count we make between the members.

Rama Olendris

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Watashi ha watashi sore dake
    • View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
Re: LGBT of the forum.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:28:39 PM »
Nice idea. I have been out for a long, long, long time now.

emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht daer nac uoy fi.

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
I have noticed a ton of them here, would be interesting to see how many there are.

Die_Flux

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »
Nice idea. I have been out for a long, long, long time now.

Hi rama-olendris,

nice to meet you and gratz for being out a long time. You should be a brave lady, it's hard for most of us. I'm half out, for me it's a bit complicated. My closest friends all knows about me and knows my boyfriend, but my family is the problem... mother going to 60 yo with conservative ideas kind of worry me in disapoint her or break her heart. So I'm trying to prepare then (mother and bros) until the time to tell then. Boyfriend is on a similar problem, but kind of a little bit more worrying.

I have noticed a ton of them here, would be interesting to see how many there are.

I've seen a lot too ssjsuperman, that's kind of makes my curisity grows up. And I thought it would be a great oportunity to we meet each other. ^^
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:53:48 PM by Die_Flux »

Rama Olendris

• View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
nice to meet you and gratz for being out a long time. You should be a brave lady, it's hard for most of us. I'm half out, for me it's a bit complicated. My cosest friends all knows about me and knows my boyfriend, but my family is the problem... mother going to 60 yo with conservative ideas kind of worry me in disapoint her or break her heart. So I'm trying to prepare then (mother and bros) until the time to tell then. Boyfriend is on a similar problem, but kind of a little bit more worrying.

A pleasure!

Well for me it was not such a huge issue. My mother was ALWAYS sure to tell both my brother and me that we were free to love whomever we chose so long as that person was not an axe murderer or something similar. Her sister was a lesbian, out in the late sixties and seventies so my mother saws first hand the horrors of how LGBT could be treated by both peers and family. I was blessed that I have never had fear from my family rejecting me (except my father's family, but they have been out of my life since I was about 6) and I have also been blessed that I have not been bullied or harassed too much at school for who I am.

Then again... there was this strange rumor that I had a black belt in karate... So maybe people were just scared of me...

But I understand how hard and scary it is to come out, no matter where you are in the world. People have been shot to death with nail guns and set on fire for just loving someone, so it is really scary. I hope that your mother will see you as her child, her wonderful child that she loves unconditionally when you come out to her.  It takes bravery, and maybe a bit of luck.

xupz

• NankH Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 05:20:21 AM »
Hi guyz. Nice to see some LGBT presence here— I'm bi myself. I don't come out to anyone, just slip it in the conversation if it comes up. I come from a relatively open-minded background and family… and it's probably easier for us bis, since well, people assuming you're straight and therefore addressing you as a straight person (like my grandmother asking if I've met any nice boys yet) aren't exactly wrong, so I don't really care to correct her. I just don't give a shit about people knowing about my sexuality, especially in my family; I think it'll be time enough to address it if I get seriously involved with a woman. I suppose, like Die Flux, you could say I'm half-out, since the result is that all my friends know it but not everyone in my family does.
It's still a bit awkward sometimes though. I remember just stopping in my tracks when telling the story about how I got the worst sunburns a couple of months ago, because it was at the Strasbourg Gay Pride Parade and I was like "if I start to go into that, I'll need to backtrack to explain what I was doing there in the first place and well ok just fuck it, I'll leave it at that."

I wish people did not assume everyone to be straight. There's nothing obvious to that assumption.
Maybe some day in the future.
Jack of all trades and master of none!

blacksun

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
Its nice to see others like my self here. I myself am gay and have been out for two years. it was hard coming out no knowing if i was gonna be excepted or not but everything has worked out  fairly well for me. Most of my family support me were others care less as long as I'm happy. For any of you out there that is having a hard time and are feeling rejected or scared of coming out. Go to pride a pride festival and be around others that are like you and see that you are not alone and that there are plenty of people that are out there that will except you for who you are.

Die_Flux

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
Hi xupz and blacksun, nice to meet you two.

rama-olendris,

I always imagined how wonderful it yould be have a boyfriend in a sunday's meal table with my brother, his wife, my sister, her husband, nephews and mother. It's a bless a mother like yours. I think not just you, but she is a lucky one too. It's just so amazing to me, that I don't know how to express the happiness that I fell for ones like you. Gratz. I think world needs more wise people, people with love as you're mother are.

My case is just not about acceptance of my mother, of couse it will be so hard and there is a risk of she just don't understand. But I believe she will deal with it and will break the walls she has on her mind slowly till accept the idea of having a gay son. All my worries are about the suffering she will find on the way to acceptance, if I knew that she would just feel nothing and forget me I would have told a long time ago. I know it will not be this way. She is a very sensitive kind of person and that scares me a lot. Hurt her, at the same that knowing that what will hurt her is the ignorance. But the ignorance that she didn't ask for, that was taught to her in a higher perjudice time.

xupz

I've thought like you about people don't need to know about my sexuality a long time of my life, in a certain way I still think some people who are not that close to me doesn't nedd to know. If they don't ask me I will not tall. All my friends from childhood (and other close friends too) didn't know about me like almost a year ago, like my family don't know now, and I grew up keeping it just for me and I kind of didn't lived a considerable part of my life too. What changed my ideas of tell was see my boyfriends relationshio with his (now ours) friends. The acceptance and how it's have someone who you knows that loves you no matter what you are. Friends that will be at your side alway when you need. And I told 90% oi my friends (discovered a bi friend this way, she studed and worked with me) and the just didn't give a damn about it, nothing has changed.

blacksun

"For any of you out there that is having a hard time and are feeling rejected or scared of coming out. Go to pride a pride festival and be around others that are like you and see that you are not alone and that there are plenty of people that are out there that will except you for who you are."

I couldn't agree and suport this more. I think talk to someone can help a lot, mainly because I've kept it to me for so much time even from people I knew I could trust. If theres no prides talk to someone, go to helping groups, its an important thing. Talk to someone, words can help people to have the strenght to face problems and solve it.

I just would like if Gay prides here could be more pro political rights suport (like the ones we can see on prayers for Bobby or even Queer as Folk) and less lebertine street party, like a offtime gay carnival.

Rama Olendris

• View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »
Can't believe no one else has posted this yet but this week has been a historical for American history with the supreme court's ruling that DOMA was unconstitutional as well as abolishing Proposition 8 in California. This is a big step for everyone everywhere, if America gets equal rights for same-sex marriages then it's very likely that other nations struggling with these issues may follow suit. 

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 03:31:16 AM »
Saint seiya is very popular among gay people because there are so many androgynous characters. Still the show it is biased towards men... Only in Omega there are Gold saint who are women.

Rama Olendris

• View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
I'm not sure if Saint Seiya is entirely popular among all gay people, and if it is I'm even more uncertain if it because of the androgyny of the male characters. As for the rampant sexism well nothing more needs to be said really... it's anime after all and anime has never been known to be fair towards women (mostly due to Japan's archaic views on women still to this day, don't let media fool you, Japan's overall tempo is hyper-conservative although it IS improving).

As for more great news for America... Hawaii will join the rainbow union very shortly and start recognizing gay marriage. In June next year Illinois is expected to follow suite as well.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
Oh, it's not popular due to the androgynous characters, i can guarantie that.

I fell for the armors :3

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Paradox

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »
as children we loved Andromeda and the nebula chains, perhaps we were emphatizing with andromeda, holding his power inside and then unleashing the nebula storm to all the nasty homophobes. We had a horrible childhood. I need to thank saint seiya for making my childhood less terrible then what it already was

Rama Olendris

• View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
And that's something no one should ever try to deny you. Your personal feelings towards a character however fictional is something no one should try to change. Many people say it might be silly to find such comfort in fictional shows but if music can soothe a soul why not other forms of media? After I graduated high school I was having a bit of a rough time, nothing involving my queerness mind you, but rather other common life problems. When I was in that dark place it just so happened that DC Comic's Character Tim Drake "Red Robin" was ALSO in a dark place. He gave me inspiration as he never gave up, and went through all sorts of emotions that others would call insane but in reality were so common for what he was dealing with it gave me peace of mind.

So I get it.

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
Hah I never knew that such thread exist as a whole... xD Well hello I am not so fairly knew, just found out about this thread so forgive me for my lateness I am guy and I am gay, at first I was in strong denial trying to fight with my self, but as the time continue I just accepted it and also I told my family, they didn't take it so good... we had huge fight because they care more for people thinking than their own son happiness xD and things went wrong way... of course now we just never talk about it and pretend that it never happened... which is kinda strange xD... well I hope this thread can be raised up and made active once more! And I am huge fan on RP, so I would love to do some yaoi RP involved around the Goldies xD Let me know if you are interested! xD