Author Topic: New Sailor Moon Anime for 2013  (Read 8294 times)

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: New Sailor Moon Anime for 2013
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 04:28:39 AM »
TMS did LC silly! :P

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
New Sailor Moon Black Moon Arc!!
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 12:16:16 AM »

Ons

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »
Second season coming up :D

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »
I like the reboot so much better then the classic. In this one you get to see more MamoruxUsagi moments and how there relationships progressing in each episode. Oh and I cant forget to mention I like the version of Chibiusa in this one much better because she's more of a sweetheart then her bratty selfish old self

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: New Sailor Moon Black Moon Arc!!
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q-rU8s9HCY

Yeah that's right, there's no way Toei would have produced quality anime like LC! All they manage to do is ruin good manga series, produce crappy films and remakes! They changed so much stuff in the classic Saint Seiya anime and created the less-than-average Omega. Some other examples include their version of Sailor Moon, the DBZ films, and Legend of Sanctuary.

Apparently Toei is making another remake of Saint Seiya and the character designs don't look good! When will it all stop???

FUCK YOU TOEI!! I WANT TO BURN YOUR BUILDING DOWN!!  >:( >:( >:(

Janet

• View Profile
Re: New Sailor Moon Black Moon Arc!!
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »
Yeah that's right, there's no way Toei would have produced quality anime like LC! All they manage to do is ruin good manga series, produce crappy films and remakes! They changed so much stuff in the classic Saint Seiya anime and created the less-than-average Omega. Some other examples include their version of Sailor Moon, the DBZ films, and Legend of Sanctuary.

Apparently Toei is making another remake of Saint Seiya and the character designs don't look good! When will it all stop???

FUCK YOU TOEI!! I WANT TO BURN YOUR BUILDING DOWN!!  >:( >:( >:(

Are you talking about Soul of Gold or a remake of the classic ??  :nani:

& Honestly Sailor Moon Crystal isn't that bad yes the pacing is a little to fast but I honestly love the characters in this new reboot

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2015, 10:21:56 PM »
Yes, that's the one. The character designs don't look good.

I actually meant the 90s Sailor Moon which has a bunch of fillers because it ran side-by-side with the manga. The main characters' personalities were changed drastically too. Crystal isn't that good either. Yes it follows the manga but following it chapter for chapter doesn't really work well since there is hardly any character development in the manga for the main characters, and bad guys get one-shotted almost immediately after they are introduced. I wouldn't have minded some filler in Crystal so that we could get some character development which the 90s anime had despite all its flaws. The pacing in Crystal is very fast but that's kind of offset with the bimonthly release schedule that it has.

There's also the bad animation issues that it has because Toei is cheap and has an incompetent staff. It's really sad to see how an anime released over 20 years after the original doesn't look that much better. What's even more sad is that even with so much time between episodes Toei still manages to make the episodes have terrible animation. It feels like Toei doesn't really care about SM or its fanbase and just want to milk the series. It's pretty infuriating.

SageofTime

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2015, 10:53:49 PM »
Are you talking about Soul of Gold?  :nani:

To Everyone: I don't like the animation with Sailor Moon Crystal and I didn't care to watch it anyway Sailor Moon was cool when I was preteen girl but now it is meh...

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 07:04:29 PM »
Are you talking about Soul of Gold?  :nani:

To Everyone: I don't like the animation with Sailor Moon Crystal and I didn't care to watch it anyway Sailor Moon was cool when I was preteen girl but now it is meh...

He's talking about Sailor Moon Classic Sage and is there any particular reason why you don't like Sailor Moon Crystal's animation?? :o

Yes, that's the one. The character designs don't look good.

I actually meant the 90s Sailor Moon which has a bunch of fillers because it ran side-by-side with the manga. The main characters' personalities were changed drastically too. Crystal isn't that good either. Yes it follows the manga but following it chapter for chapter doesn't really work well since there is hardly any character development in the manga for the main characters, and bad guys get one-shotted almost immediately after they are introduced. I wouldn't have minded some filler in Crystal so that we could get some character development which the 90s anime had despite all its flaws. The pacing in Crystal is very fast but that's kind of offset with the bimonthly release schedule that it has.

There's also the bad animation issues that it has because Toei is cheap and has an incompetent staff. It's really sad to see how an anime released over 20 years after the original doesn't look that much better. What's even more sad is that even with so much time between episodes Toei still manages to make the episodes have terrible animation. It feels like Toei doesn't really care about SM or its fanbase and just want to milk the series. It's pretty infuriating.

I do agree with you on mostly everything you said Ikki but even if there's hardly any character development in Crystal I really love seeing blossom Mamoru&Usagi's relationship.. Its much more deep then the relationship they had in the classic.. I remember how cold and distance he would act at times with Usagi and wished she would've chosen Seiya at the end of Stars cause Seiya showed much more love and had cuter moments with Usagi .. I still remember the date they had together at the Zoo xD Ohh that episode is unforgettable

Anyways I don't understand if Toei wasn't planning to put any effort in Crystal why didn't they give another Studio a chance  :emo:

SageofTime

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:23 PM »
He's talking about Sailor Moon Classic Sage and is there any particular reason why you don't like Sailor Moon Crystal's animation?? :o

Oh my bad XD oh wait he is mentioning Saint Seiya I am confused and the reason I don't like it is the eye animation style

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 06:40:00 PM »
Personally, I don't feel like Naoko Takeuchi's artwork translates well to animation.  It works much better in the manga format.

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2015, 11:06:18 PM »
Oh my bad XD oh wait he is mentioning Saint Seiya I am confused and the reason I don't like it is the eye animation style

Now I'm confuse I'm not sure what he meant  :nani: but what I understand is that he's not happy with how little effort Toei Animation is putting on Sailor Crystal.. Ah really does the eye animation bother you ?? xD

Kaia

• Silver Saint
  • Mysterious Crest
    • View Profile
    • Kaia's Blog
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 12:50:35 PM »
I also believe that Toei Animation has done Sailor Moon no justice with their new animation.

I know that Crystal is just following the manga, truthfully. However, I agree with GVmanX. The plot might suit the manga format just fine. However, I think too that it is different with an animated series. Watching the series is quite boring for me. I just do it for the sake of it.

Although the artwork is a nearly exact copy from the manga, I do not like it in the Crystal series. I cannot explain why. I look at the comics and think that the characters look pretty. I watch the series and I think: "For Heaven's sake! They're too thin! Is Toei trying to put strange ideas into the heads of the children who are watching the series, telling them that becoming anorexic is cool?" In my point of view, the arms from the Sailor Senshi are good rivals for the arms of Luffy from the anime series called "One Piece", but Luffy has at least an excuse why his arms are like that.
The faces look quite nice in my opinion, but I hate, seeing the characters in whole.

I am also not that fond of the new soundtrack. It is true that I was disappointed that they did not make a modern version of "Moonlight Densetsu", but I was not bothered that much. With time, I got used to the opening and I kind of started to like it. However, I am talking about the music during the episode. I believe that the soundtrack of the anime series has a great influence in the mood and atmosphere. Therefore, I think that the music plays a major factor why the series seem boring and uninteresting to me. The old anime series might have sounded a bit childish, but there was something unique in it, and I kind of miss that.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 01:08:42 PM »
yeah i absolutely don't get why the animation is so poor for Sailor Moon Crystal, for such a large franchise it should have an equal quality but noooo

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Janet

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2015, 10:36:49 PM »
Its true they put very little effort for a popular anime like SM but the animation really doesn't bother mi Honestly  :D I'm really  satisfy with what I'm seeing in each episode lol The relationship between Mamoru and Usagi is absolutely adorable, Chibiusa is isn't her bratty self anymore and Mars gets along well with Usagi now .. What's not to like

Btw theres a second season confirmed Yayyyy link below my Friends

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-10/toei-europe-2nd-sailor-moon-crystal-series-coming-this-summer/.86989

In the second season will get to see Sailor Neptune, Uranus & Saturn the outer guardians .. Considered to be the strongest scouts  ^_^