Author Topic: New Sailor Moon Anime for 2013  (Read 8295 times)

mahogany

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Smile :)
    • View Profile
Re: New Sailor Moon Anime for 2013
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »
@GVmanX: I don't follow SM news much, but it doesn't look like SM has that fewer spinoffs than SS. All those musicals, live actions and other things. (I kind of envy of the attention SM has over SS ^_^ )

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 12:33:06 AM »
Because saint seiya's popularity is very sparse, and sailor moon has the merchandise pull as well.
Toei knows that investing in sailor moon is always a good idea. Saint Seiya on the other hand...
Well they don't quite know how to handle the franchise. Especially since the manga isn't complete.

The movie was a way to breath life into the franchise, and we'll have to wait awhile to see how sucessfull it was.

What are you talking about? The Saint Seiya manga ended over 20 years ago.

@mahogany What you said is true. Sailor Moon is also popular in the west, and Saint Seiya isn't.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 01:16:02 AM »
There's this thing called Next Dimension ;)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 11:49:36 PM »
Yeah but the original Saint Seiya manga ended over 20 years ago after Seiya defeated Hades. Plus, ND chapters take forever to come out. How far is the manga right now? I stopped reading it because the chapters took too long to be released.

Instead of making a shitty CGI movie of Saint Seiya where the characters look nothing like in the original, they should have announced a remake of Saint Seiya.

mahogany

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 12:06:38 AM »
1. How far is the manga right now?
2. Instead of... they should have announced a remake of Saint Seiya.

1. ND is now at chapter 68, with a special chapter. If you want a spoiler, I can tell more. Or you can just read the old threads.

2. Just think it as an alternative universe like LC or Episode G, you may feel better :p Almost everyone wants that, too XD If only someone would produce that.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »
1. No that's okay, I'll start reading it again soon.

2. I can't even think of it as Saint Seiya because the characters look so different. Have you seen Ikki? He looks so bad! The gold saints too. I would pay so much money for an anime remake of Saint Seiya that is faithful to the original manga! Why can't Japan do it?! They should have announced it years ago imo. It would really rake in the cash, unlike Omega which sucked.

I wonder why they decided to make Omega anyway.

mahogany

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »
2.  I would pay so much money for an anime remake of Saint Seiya that is faithful to the original manga! Why can't Japan do it?! It would really rake in the cash, unlike Omega which sucked.

I wonder why they decided to make Omega anyway.
What you said is mostly what I think, too. It's just that recently I've found some fun in watching LoS ^_^

About Omega, probably because they think the classic look/ drawing style and story do not fit the modern time. And they want to draw in new fans and make something *new.* Just like what they did with LoS. And I see that Omega, Los, and other spin-offs did make people interested in the classic manga/anime. But really, I too just hope they will do a faithful remake of the original.

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2014, 11:04:36 PM »
Speaking of Sailor Moon Anime, the quality is more and more worse for anime that aired once in two weeks
what are u doing Toei

mahogany

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 11:30:49 PM »
Speaking of Sailor Moon Anime, the quality is more and more worse for anime that aired once in two weeks
what are u doing Toei
They may want to make people mad XD (I thought they want to make it big this time. Why would they do it? 0.o )

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 12:58:50 AM »
Maybe they'll spruce it up for the home video releases.  But yeah, that doesn't make sense that they take two weeks to work on these and they come out as wonky-looking as they do.  And what's the point of this new SM anime anyway?  If it's to target new fans, it ought to be airing on TV in Japan*.  If it's for the pre-existing fans, they're gonna have to work harder to beat Ikuhara's version of the Crystal arc.  Especially in regards to the international fanbase; most folks have just seen the anime.

*It's web-only, right?

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 09:16:41 AM »
I think so, but i saw someone put a comparison between dvd/blu-ray version and web tv

The dvd/blu-ray is below one.

In my opinion i like Naoko Takeuchi Sailor Moon manga, but the style is not fit to be adapted in anime version its make the character look thin and seems easy to break, i love classic one since its got some "weight" on the character.
And i hate the fact they come with new song at first arc to think how legendary is Moonlight Densetsu (you may say SS Omega is sucks but i appreciated they adapt Pegasus Fantasy remake as first opening theme).

My friend joking Toei spending too much money for SS Legend of Sanctuary that why other anime quality is bad  XD

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »
Lord knows how much money they dumped into LoS, and I don't think that Captain Harlock movie they did a year ago did so hot, either.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2014, 02:35:00 AM »
Wow, that's some difference. I think i will have to rewatch the ripped versions after the series is done

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 08:33:27 AM »
better like that ^^

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »
what are u doing Toei

What are you talking about? No it doesn't. And it only airs twice every month, not two weeks.

Toei really screwed up big time by making LoS! The money would have been better spent on a third season for LC!

WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME ANGRY TOEI?!