Author Topic: Discotek Media to release Movie Box in US!!  (Read 9516 times)

hyogakun

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Discotek Media to release Movie Box in US!!
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
What about the image quality? And the subtitles?

Does someone know if a review is available somewhere?

Thanks!

Flamzeron

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Role Play World
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »
What about the image quality? And the subtitles?

Does someone know if a review is available somewhere?

Thanks!

Image quality is great too. There is no fuzz and the screen doesn't shack much. It looks like it's brand new animation.

The subs are good too. There is one instance where they call the Ryuseiken a Comet Fist instead of Meteor Fist, but other than that they are fine.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
The audio doesn't sound muffled at all. It sounds old, but not muffled.

Here's a comparison I made.

https://soundcloud.com/flamzeron/audio-comparision-of-saint

Oh God...  That's beautiful...

Lionet Saint

• NankH Staff
  • Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Stand up for the Underdogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:26 AM »
I will be buying my copies this coming week :)  I hope all Saint Seiya fans support and purchase these releases.  At $20 a set or less, buy 'em for yourself and as a gift for someone :)

As most of you know, Candlebox Effect struggled to complete the fansubs of original TV series but at least we were able to complete Episode 61 to 73 to show fans new and old how the battle at the Twelve Houses of Sanctuary ended :)  The project was very time consuming for us so if Discotek/Eastern Star's SS movies sets are well received, they'll release the TV series and we'll all have official DVD copies :)  A dream come true for me :D

My only worry in releasing the movies is that although they are entertaining they don't do the characters justice as progressive characters.  Especially Shun!  He's always being saved by his brother Ikki which isn't the case in the manga!  The anime showed that he could fight but also made him out to be a bloody whinger who relied on his brother way too much.  However, I did appreciate Shun's daring move to protect Ikki at the end of the Mariners series.  It wasn't in the manga but was a pleasant surprise :)

Once I get my copies, I'll let you all know what I think :)

Cheers

Lionet

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
Well, I just bought these at a convention a few weeks ago, and I have to say they're fantastic.  I've never heard Saint Seiya with such crisp, clear audio before; they way the characters actually sound really threw me for a loop.  The music was gorgeous, and video quality was stupendous.  The audio quality is what really blew me away, though.  I wish Toei hadn't thrown out their good sound masters for a bunch of their TV series like a bunch of nitwits; we could have Dragon Ball, Hokuto no Ken, and StS TV that sounds this good if they hadn't.  Instead, everything sounds muffled.  Way to go, Toei.  Anywho, buy these DVDs even if you don't like the anime all that much.  I don't, and I've thoroughly enjoyed them. The only complaint I have is that I would've liked some trailers for some of Discotek's other products.  I always like to watch those. Discotek will also continue to get my money as long as they continue to release great classics like Harlock, Cutie Honey, and Mazinger Z in English.

About that con, I had a chance to pick up a poster for Movie 3: Legend of Crimson Youth.  I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy it.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2013, 01:04:35 AM »
Were there posters for the other movies? :D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2013, 07:16:09 AM »
I only saw one for movie 3, unfortunately.  The same seller had a lot of Shurato posters, though.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
I only saw one for movie 3, unfortunately.  The same seller had a lot of Shurato posters, though.

Saint Seiya and Tenku Senki Shurato? Sounds like a win win to me. :)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
I saw loads of Shurato stuff at that con. Aside from the art books, this other guy had several Shurato art books.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2013, 09:38:16 PM »
That's rather cool. Outside of the occasional cel, I hardly ever see any Shurato stuff at conventions. Speaking of which, I hope they get around to releasing the new figures sometime this year.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »
Holy God, that's awesome!  I need to finish Shurato; I'm somewhere in the middle. Is that gonna be a figure line like the Myth Cloth series for StS?

I saw loads of Shurato stuff at that con. Aside from the art books, this other guy had several Shurato art books.

That first mention of "art books" should be "posters."

RobertG22

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »
Dude, what the hell are you doing? Pretty sure the mods are gonna come down on you for doing that, multiple times.