Author Topic: Reikyavic's drawing bin  (Read 3334 times)

Reikyavic

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Reikyavic's drawing bin
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:31:42 AM »
I've gone through my army of small flashdrives and image hosting accounts lately, to see what I've accidentally managed to save after my computer crashed sometime ago. Apparently I lost one big ('fortunately' it was just personal) project, even though I was sure I had backup... somewhere. I'm not choking to my annoyment anymore, but my fighting, or drawing spirit has been a little down because of this, understandably, maybe.

I'm throwing some fun old stuff here now. I hope you like them as much as I liked to draw them. I'm sure that could also help me get over of my past carelessness with backups >)

Lionfish merboy concept art from old 'Little mermaid goes slash' RP project with friend. His design was later given after slight modifications to one of the main characters, Moana.

Giftart for friend of her character Kamau, who in case you're wondering isn't ninja.

More RP characters, this time from epic samurai mishmash which borrowed from Sengoku Basara. Her name is Fuku.

Character I never got to write as, which is kinda shame. Lou here, despite her piratey design was supposed to be demon businesswoman and pharmacist living in modern burtonesque dystopia. Cough medicine, salmiac, condoms and Faustian bargains; she got it all, reliably and in afforable price!

Let's cut first post here, so it doesn't start stretch too much.
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: Reikyavic's drawing bin
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »
Interesting character designs, from the cool lionfish, to the details of the clothing...
I like the coloring of the pharmacist, its hard to tell if its real media or computer...
Hope to see more~

Reikyavic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »
Thanks Cad! I have just glorious love-hate relationship with drawing details - I like the outcome when the horrendous amount of work has been put to them, but the working itself gets usually quickly very tedious...
Anyway, onwards, because more is better.
(I'd really like to start draw some Saint Seiya fanart too. Maybe I get some done next weekend. If so, I must remember to post )

This... was drawn to some person in some forum. (I don't always have a memory of a goldfish, but  when I do... well, this happens.) I'm pretty sure this character wasn't entirely human, and she has some magical split personality thing. You can see which of the personalities, Arcana or Ro,  is in action from the colour of her eyes. ...Evil mirror image is rocking Paris Hilton pose; evil indeed.

Sengoku Basara fanart, Kasuga in her second game's alt costume. I envy people who can draw interesting looking pictures of characters turning their back at the viewer.

Friends OC based on historical Murakami Takeyoshi. He's pirate from Noshima, and he serves Mouri clan of Aki.

Reikyavic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:12:56 AM »

Even more Sengoku Basara fanart (there seems to be quite bit of that quality saved in my image host accounts...)! Sanada Yukimura, and the absence of general sillyness/cuteness. Then again, I generally dislike how fandom treats him - he's no less badass than Masamune and that's fact.

This was gift for a friend, Lyricanna, of her gorgeous character Nana.

Fresh stuff for change. Drew this today at workreal quick, for a poster. Petty mermaid is actually supposed to be Vellamo, sea goddess from finnish mythology. She is described to be beautiful but cold hearted, but since we're children and youth culture office, taking advantage of some artistic freedom to downplay darker side (most of?) of mythos is often kinda necessary.

Hah, found some sketches from that lost big project. Characters, from left to right are, Kashinkoji, Okimoto, Naomasa and Megohime.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:03:26 AM »
Wow! They're all beautifully done ;)

Hydrus

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »
I love the clothing detail on all of them.

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:33:19 PM »
Nice job on Sanada Yukimura. And the way you depict the tiger is fresh.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »
I really love your lionfish mer-boy and all of your Sengoku Basara and Sengoku Basara-inspired stuff.  It's wonderful.

Bragi

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
    • My nook at deviantart :D
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
Right now I don't have the time to make a detailed comment... I like your drawings, because of the anatomical correctedness (together with the eye for detail), the smoothness of the lines, and the personality of the characters that clearly speaks trough the images. You sometimes see in drawings of artists that they draw well but they don't achieve putting a personality in their drawn characters. You manage that very well :)