Author Topic: Female fans of SS  (Read 7566 times)

chibi_hentai

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Female fans of SS
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »
@Gemini: this Fire and Ice doujin is something I have heard of twice now. Haha. Truthfully, if it's on the same adult scale as a lot of other SS Doujins I've seen... oh I have a LOT in my collection that would mentally break you!  :face0: granted, none of it is StS because they are so hard to find.

That is a risk you take when being friends with fangirls though. I'm assuming they were close friends though, or they probably wouldn't have been THAT open with you... Unless they liked to watch you squirm?  :smirk:

aquarius_camus11

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2012, 01:42:52 PM »
I don't mind fighting anime, but I think fighting shows need more than just blood and violence.  Maybe since StS has blood, violence, fighting, AND drama (friendship, bromance, etc.), it has broader appeal.  I think it's the same way with mecha shows--I enjoy a sweet mecha battle, but I need to care about the pilots' character and motivations to really love the show.

I also like how in StS, for the most part, you didn't have these omg-can't-stand-you-villains, but you could sympathize with most characters.  That makes the show seem more "real" than your standard beat 'em up.

But my disclaimer is that I totally started watching it because of the artwork (also a slash fan) ha ha.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 10:50:44 AM »
I first watched SS when I was in elementary school; up to the hades - sanctuary arc and some of the movies. I was obsessed with it for quite a while until I read One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist which becomes my all time favourite. It is not long ago that I becomes obsess with it again, namely because of Lost Canvas. For the manga I've only read LC and the Hades chapter, I will read the rest but it will need to be after the exam.

One thing I dislike about SS is its linear storyline (excluding LC) simply because it would have so much more potential with a slightly complex story.

That aside, There is many things I like about it (or I wouldn't be here  ;D)

1) The concept, Greek mythology and star constellation definitely draws me in. More than that though, I ADORE the way Kurumada jumbled stuffs together, Greek gods, Budhha, Water Margin etc. and this leads to...
2) The hypermyth. I like history of fictional worlds for some reason, it's fun to read. Same goes for series like Ar Tonelico (Love this one) and One Piece.
3) The characters. I don't know why. Literally, because they have so little development (again, excluding LC). The gold saints have always been my favourite especially the Gemini saints and especially Saga   :saga-robe:.
4) I like fighting and gore.
5)The armor designs.

That's all I can think of for now.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 12:10:59 PM »
@Gemini: this Fire and Ice doujin is something I have heard of twice now. Haha. Truthfully, if it's on the same adult scale as a lot of other SS Doujins I've seen... oh I have a LOT in my collection that would mentally break you!  :face0: granted, none of it is StS because they are so hard to find.

That is a risk you take when being friends with fangirls though. I'm assuming they were close friends though, or they probably wouldn't have been THAT open with you... Unless they liked to watch you squirm?  :smirk:

Let just say I could have went the rest of my life without seeing :ikki:,  my favorite Bronze Saint, doing "things"  to  :hyoga: in a convertible sports car. Especially when the cars gear shift got into the act... @_@

As to my closeness with said females, it was a little of both I think. In fact, I seem to remember the one that had a bit of a crush on me that was the worst about it while my friend Tina, who is like a sister to me, got a giggle out of it but dropped it when I asked her to.

At any rate, I'm sure I'd roll my eyes at some of your stuff if nothing else. While some of the subject matter is a bit much, I think my closeness to the characters in Saint Seiya played into my discomfort more so then the nature of the subject matter. If that makes any sense.

chibi_hentai

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »
@Gemini: Well, I can't say that's my favorite pairing. Haha. I tend to avoid doujins with that pairing... I don't understand it. And I can be pretty liberal in my slash things o.0 Ah well, to each his own. But hahaha. Now I think I might have to find this just to laugh at it.

But yeah xD Your closeness to it makes sense. (Granted. Some of my manga's have made my gay friends go WTF, hah.) but that is far off topic xD. lol. And I don't really have any desire to test your squirming abilities. I'll leave that to your friends, lol.

Well, just to steer this back on topic a bit... ^ This is one reason this series is fun. Dominant male cast means lots of slash potential. Too bad for me so much of it is in either japanese, french, or spanish.

Azumat

• Bronze Saint
  • Searching for Yuzuriha's booty shorts
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
I've always been into Saint Seiya because it was an anime that focused on greek mythology (even though it only did so loosely; I'm still waiting on the rest of the Greek pantheon to show up after years of following StS _). Its universe is very extensive in information but it's very unfortunate that it doesn't have as much popularity as it should. Also, I'm one of the many  that identify with one or two Gold Saints in personality and constellation <.<

I'm also a big fangirl of anything having to do with  :shaka:
If Zeus is lord of the sky and bringer of thunder, does that mean he has a special love for Florida, the lightning capital of USA?

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »
I wish I could see all these doujinshi, the more crazy the better~!

I could see that pairing happen like... Hyoga seems to be getting too close to innocent Shun after that Libra debacle, so big bro Ikki try to do something about Hyoga... and things happen~

Another thing I really enjoy is the sound, the voicework and and soundtrack are great, add a lot to the atmosphere. ^^

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »
I wish I could see all these doujinshi, the more crazy the better~!

Becareful what you wish for...  :face0:

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:02 AM »
I gotten 2 Doujinshi courtesy of :bowdown: Mzelda and :bowdown: Zaionic but one is comedy and other "serious".
Then again, am okay with Soft Yaoi/Yuri (and actually like it) as long it don't involved any "penetration" and Hard Yaoi/Yuri (still having "nightmares after "reading" those AragornXBoromir Doujinshi.....but the cover art was so nice and it was cheap!  "-_- )

Reikyavic

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:03 AM »
Maybe I skip my confusing monologue about "if there is such, what is the standard by which women enjoy their light entertaiment" and skip to the part where I think out loud why I decided to pick up Saint Seiya. Or received it happily when it was given to me.

Messing with mythological and astrological themes and appealing overall appearance of the series are just nice bonus, a huge one. I thinks the story is kinda above average, which isn't bad thing. There is thrill, fun, anger, sadness, heroism, covardice, selfishness, selflessness - wins and loses. Not just black and white.

This whole set of emotions, questions, choices and fates we live through various characters is the best part of Saint Seiya to me. It's entertaining, not too heavy and deep and neither too light, and thus it can be taken seriously enough.

From the viewpoint of old animanga fan, after spending time with more recent series coming back to the old things which I enjoyed as child is nostalgic. True, I watched Saint Seiya just recently, but it got this - I wish I could put it more eloqurntly - nostalgic feeling which I can recignise and be exited about. I guess it is that characters don't waste so much god damn time about angsting their weasely guts out, at least, because that is the one thing I've gotten more than tired of and why I wanna punch Naruto, Ichigo and guys their teeth in. (Now imagine my utter shock while watching that Heaven Chapter... thing.)

Fresh or nostalgic, give or take. Along with characters, the other great appeal is that even if it is shounen series about - big effin surprise - about fighting, these guys have good, old-fashioned thing to fight for which is commendable and neat. I couldn't care less about senseless violence.
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

FreyaWave

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Unicorn Tapestry
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 07:07:41 AM »
Let's just say I came for the men and stayed for the story :P

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 03:06:24 PM »
Let's just say I came for the men and stayed for the story :P

Wow, I took that wrong the first time I read that... Gomen nasai.

FreyaWave

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
    • Unicorn Tapestry
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 04:08:29 AM »

Someone has a dirty mind!!!!

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »

More detail plz? Sorry for being slow.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
Someone has a dirty mind!!!!

Well... Not so much as one might think but I do take notice of a double entendre when presented.