Author Topic: Saint Seiya Omega!  (Read 166658 times)

Penthesilea

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Burn My Dread
    • View Profile
    • St. Paradise
Saint Seiya Omega!
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
This image appeared today at Toei's official SS site. I wonder what it is.
Is this the supposed rumor of a anime starting in April?
What do you think?

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:50:34 PM by Tetsu Aero »

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
Re: A new SS anime rumor starting in April
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »
What in the world? O.O

It looks like a complete reimagining, with a more younger shonen and magical girl theme....

My initial feelings were "wtf are they trying to accomplish with this, why ruin it with all these horrible bright colours?"

But now i'm more anxious to see what the plot is about....

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
    • I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:03:50 PM »
Apparently, the series is set into the future

From  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/n...urns-in-new-omega-tv-anime-series ,   

Toei Animation announced on Tuesday that the mythical fantasy anime Saint Seiya will return to television for the first time in about a quarter century with a new series, Saint Seiya Omega, on April 1. Saint Seiya Omega will have an original adventure action story with a new generation of characters, led by the protagonist Kōga.

Morio Hatano, an episode director on Heartcatch Precure! and Kaidan Restaurant, is the series director, and Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Air Master, Berserk, Boys Over Flowers, Casshern Sins, Heartcatch Precure!, Mushi-Shi) is designing the character and overseeing the animation process. Reiko Yoshida (Bakuman., D.Gray-man, K-ON!, The Story of Saiunkoku) is in charge of the scripts.

Google-translated from http://news.thetv.jp/article/27902/  :

The hero, Fang-light chase the back of Seiya Saint Seiya Saint Seiya bronze of legendary character "new generation" (the way). Continue to fight in order to kidnap the goddess Athena to protect the peace on the ground, is a foster parent, defeat the evil giant warrior Mars tries to establish a new world. Draw a figure of light continue to fight for their tusks and companion, for Athena, however, even under adverse conditions. Our new generation of such Saints is a complete set filled with beautiful, they were added to the nines arrangement and also contemporary "robe" to wait, in order that women also appeared Saints girls also can sympathize not only boys. In addition, the deployment is also provided for adults to enjoy again at that time that was hooked and his companions appeared Seiya is the hero of the previous game.

and from http://mantan-web.jp/2012/02/07/20120206dog00m200026000c.html

Light Fang 13-year-old boy carrying a fate as Saint Seiya the Pegasus. Surface and also have a rebellious spirit is strong fighting instinct, that there is a singleness of purpose and caring. Setting and meeting fellow Saint Seiya, that we awaken to the importance of friendship and bonds. In addition, as the foster parent of light ivory, also appears (the goddess Athena) Saori Kido. In addition, the Saint Seiya bronze younger brother (Soma), Fang light, Draco friction Ao Saint Seiya bronze-Lyonnet Leo and child Yoon Saint Seiya bronze-Akutira Aquila, the heroine, a close friend of Fang light Doo appeared Sakae Saint Seiya Saint Seiya bronze bronze of Orion Eden Oki (Liu Bang), Mystery Mine Dragon, and of Lupus (and spring). Saint Seiya is our complete set filled with beautiful, gorgeously arranged and that the modern is also wearing their robe.

The first story, in the castle can be seen in the sanctuary zodiac, had seen the light-fang baby is sleeping goddess Athena. At that time, the darkness caused a huge explosion, however. The tusk is about to collapse at the light pillar collapses under the influence, nick of time, Seiya Saint Seiya Golden-appeared. In addition, the figure also represents the story of Mars ...... evil enemy that wears a cape. When broadcasting is scheduled for every Sunday from 6:30 am to 7 April.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
http://icavalieridellozodiaco.myfreeforum.org/

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »
Hm... it sounds very interesting actually. And Ares is the antagonist this time? awesome :D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
So far I like the fact that it doesn't overlap or clash against the original series.

Kurumada apparently only gave permission for this series, but is not directly involved.
(he doesn't sound terribly happy about it either, but it's just my interpretation)

Google-translated from his blog

Of Saint Seiya
History
A new page will start again

Seiya is a passion for the power to mobilize young staff of Toei Animation will not lose to anyone
Created this
Saint Seiya is Ω
The birth of the world is likely to be unprecedented Seiya
Only because my staff as a reliable
Can entrust virtually all of the child Seiya
It can be

What on earth
Saint Seiya The nascent
What will?
I would like warm snow watching
To work more than the original
To grow
I hope ...

Characters

Pegasus Kōga
Eagle Yuna
Dragon Ryūhō
Leo Minor Sōma (little brother of Kōga)
Orion Eden
Wolf Haruto
Saori Kido (??)

PS: the title should be renamed Saint Seiya Omega, it's the official name

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Seiya Omega!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
...Well, I've used enough colorful language in my room before posting here...so here goes...

Why? Why not pull a FMA: Brotherhood, and make an excellent manga adaptation? Why must this happen instead? I might end up liking it...but right now, I feel ill...

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
Saint Seiya Omega + Saint Seiya the Movie!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
Holy Shit 2 productions!! XD

Omega:

CG Movie:

"Morio Hatano, an episode director on Heartcatch Precure!"

I'm not embarassed to say I like Magical Girl stuff. I'm a big fan of Pretty Sammy. I actually did watch the Pretty Cure series... :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:39:41 PM by AriesMu188 »

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
Do you think the guy in the CGI movie is Seiya or this new Koga character? Looking at the red stripes on the Cloth I'm starting to wonder

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »
I think since they intend the movie to "return" to what was done before it should be Seiya... The guy behind him is crazy scary!! :)

Anyway, Seiyapedia is updated.
http://saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Animes#Saint_Seiya_Omega

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 05:59:24 PM »
Do you think the guy in the CGI movie is Seiya or this new Koga character? Looking at the red stripes on the Cloth I'm starting to wonder

Given the Reddish hair with the Pegasus Helm, I'm pretty sure that's Koga in the Omega poster.

I do believe it's Seiya in the movie poster (unlike Omega, I do believe the story of the movie is based on a Kuru idea, if I read that right in the article).

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
Good point about hair colour. My doubt was based on his headpiece design here

which looks very similar to Koga's, but hopefully it's just a coincidence.

EDIT: you know, the more I look at it, the more I think it's Seiya with Koga's Cloth. The red stripes, the shape of the headpiece, the sides of the belt piece. You can even see the square stone on the chest, in the shadow, just above Seiya's left fist.
Perhaps this movie is some kind of bridge between StS and Omega?

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
@Mewzard

The new pic is all reddish, it might be just lighting issues... ;)

Griffin

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
More info/better translations from Archange at SSP:

Main characters.

Kōga ("light fangs")
Pegasus Bronze Saint. 13 years old. Teenager born under Pegasus consetllation's fate. Special technique: Pegasus Ryūsei Ken. Never gives up and shows a rebellious nature, but actually has a heart full of compassion for people. He understands the importance of friendship and bonds when he meets his Saints friends.

Seiya
Pegasus Bronze Saint. A legendary Saint who protected Athena long ago against an evil ennemy. Is now a Gold Saint.

Saori Kido = Athena
The girl who never stopped protecting peace on Earth. Reincarnation of the Goddess of War. In this series, she raises Kōga as a parent (father/mother meaning).

Yuna
Heroin. Eagle Bronze (TN: yes it's written Bronze). 14 years old.

Sōma. (“blue scratch”)
Main character's best friend. Lionet Bronze. 14 years old. Kōga relies on this partner.

Ryūhō (“top-dragon”)
Main character's cadet. Dragon Bronze Saint. 12 years old.
(TN: otōtobun doesn't exactly means "younger brother". Among member of the same group, it's used to name a younger disciple. Tenma is sometimes called like that by Dohko on TLC, and Geist is also called "imoutobun" (imouto=younger sister) by Shaina).

Eden
Orion Bronze Saint shrouded in mystery. 15 years old.

Haruto ("glory of combat")
Wolf Bronze Saint. From a ninja family. Very smart. 13 years old.

Mars. (TN: written in katakana, like the roman god)
Warrior of Mars (TN: written the the Mars planet kanjis). He attacks Athena to create the prefect world he would rule.

Episode 1.

The goddess Athena, in a castle that has a view upon the 12 Zodiac Houses, looks at the baby Kōga asleep. Suddenly, a huge darkness appears and a great explosion occurs. Because of that, a pillar falls in Kōga 's direction, but Seiya, Gold Saint, saves him at the last minute. Mars, the evil enemy draped in a cape, shows up.

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
I honestly don't know what to think of this series at the moment.  I'll adopt a wait and see mode with it right now, although the cloths are bugging me.  Seriously, those Cloths look nothing like what they're suppose to!  What happened with Eagle there?  They not only downgraded it but made it look more like a magical girl outfit than a Cloth!  At least the overall plot sounds interesting.

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
A 13 year-old ninja boy whose name ends in aruto. Where have I heard that before? ^^''

Really not sure about it so far, especially Eagle. Why not using an unseen Cloth instead of modifying Eagle so radically?