Author Topic: Official Green Lantern Thread  (Read 882 times)

CounterSwarmer

Official Green Lantern Thread
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
I'm a huge Green Lantern fan after reading the comics about a month ago.I really find the characters esp. Hal Jordan to be quite inspiring.

In fact I go as to say that Green Lantern and the Green Lantern Corp are the Western Comic equivalent of Saint Seiya and the Saints of Athena!I mean throughout the stories,like the Main SS cast, the Green Lanterns are put against impossible odds and in situations where they feel such incredible fear.But because of their willpower and determination, they continue on doing their duties no matter if they are already on the verge of death.Basically Green Lantern shares the same theme as Saint Seiya of Willpower and commitment to carrying out one's duties no matter how hopeless the situation is!

Its this portrayal of Willpower and overcoming fear that makes Green Lantern so beloved(much like Saint Seiya is!).

Anyone here agree?

Anybody a fan of Greeen Lantern as much as Iam?

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
Re: Official Green Lantern Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
I'm a pretty big fan myself. Liked the characters on the old cartoons as a kid, and have gotten everly GL issues since Rebirth back in 04/05. I've been on a GL podcast since 08, and have interviewed a few writers and artists involved with the series.

Yeah, I do love the characters and styles. I also love the ring as a weapon, as it lets one's own mind and imagination make whatever one wants to attack with. It allows for more diversity than you would get from a standard fight.

The books are getting re-numbered this month, but I'm looking forward to them all. Going to get Green Lantern #1 and Red Lanterns #1 either today or tomorrow.