Author Topic: What kind of music do you listen to?  (Read 21767 times)

odra

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »
yeah i mean their old music was good  like "el mueye de san blas" "me vale" but that was years ago now their music is overplayed and it just isnt the same.

Phyrra

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Camus x Phyrra <3
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »
I hate it when your favorite songs are overplayed.  I liked listening to Evanescence, but the radio overplayed her music so much.  I just stopped listening to it.

Mel

I'm a coward, because I love you too much to let you go.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 01:45:59 AM »
I like to listen to video game music. My favorite so far is New Order which is REALLY good.

Phyrra

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Camus x Phyrra <3
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »
One of my favorite video game music was from the Digimon World. ^.^;;  I'm sad.

Mel

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 11:24:02 PM »
I love the songs from Kingdom Hearts I and II.  I listen to them all the time.

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Van Fanel

• News Master
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 04:10:50 AM »
Escaflowne here!

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
Re: what kind of music do you listen to?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 05:09:24 AM »
2. Except Japanese anime rap, I'd say. Ryo Shishido's (Toshiyuki Kusuda) song "Geki-Dasa Daze!!" (which translates as "Way uncool/Lame") from Prince of Tennis is LOVE. ^_^

I was mostly talking about American rap/pop.  When it comes to songs that are in languages I don't speak, I listen to the music itself and don't worry about the lyrics.

And does anyone else like listening to film scores?  I've found myself addicted to the music from Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 05:46:59 AM »
TFs and PotC? ..."He's a Pirate" and most old and new TF themes are awesome. (For example the ones from Transformers Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Car Robots, Micron Legend, Superlink and Galaxy Force are really good.)

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »
I loved the stuff Vince DiCola did for the animated movie.  I haven't gotten the chance to the TV series' soundtracks tho.  But I do know that I absolutely love "Autobots" and "Arrival to Earth" from the live action movie score.

Oh, and I know what Headmasters is, but the rest of those are unfamiliar to me.  Do you know what they were released as in the US?

Bud_Alcor

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 07:56:36 PM »
Now it seems video game music, I choose Silent hill I and RE.

Sharkticon

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 11:33:55 PM »
i prefer pop music. i hate to hear rock especially when the singers screams. it is just so not artful. i prefer mellow music.

Scorpio No Milo

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 01:23:08 AM »
I'm very eclectic in my music tastes, and will listen to almost all kinds of music, if it sounds interesting to me.

I've been trained in classical music (piano + flute + voice), so I really love listening to Chopin, Mozart and Beethoven piano pieces and many opera pieces.

Then I discovered rap and hiphop back in the 90s, and have been quite the fan of the art. But only artists who're smart with the rhythm and rhyme of their lyrics, no 'I got more dough/bling bling/XXs than you' songs! Tupac Shakur, Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, Nas, Kanye West are some of my favorites.

I also love neo-soul, with Erykah Badu at the helm. Mellow, jazzy sounds......and speaking of jazz, I also love jazz musicians like Dizzy Gilepsie, Thelonius Monk, and Miles Davis. Improv jazz always amazes me! I'm a classically trained musician, so being able to make up things on the fly is absolutely foreign to me, and I respect those who do it effortlessly!

Living in Europe introduced me to lots and lots of Eurotrance, and thus I have a love for electronic music also. Classical Paul Van Dyke, ATB, and Tiesto's some of my absolute faves, I still listen to their orignals and mixes all the time. DJ Irish also does a mean mix. Trance is fantastic, and drum n' bass is also awsome....have been listening to Black Sun Empire, and their songs are like xxxxx for your ears.

I like to listen to K-pop, J-pop, and J-rock whenver I can get my hands on new music. Also, I've recently been listeing to a few anime and video game music.....mostly from Revolutionary Girl Utena, Saint Seiya Hades (Endy, I hear you, Chikyugi is so awsome!!!), Slam Dunk, and Final Fantasy VII. FFVII music is just.....priceless! ^O^

So.....do I have a favorite? Too hard to choose.....it's like asking me who my favorite gold saint is!! o_O

Phyrra

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Camus x Phyrra <3
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: what kind of music do you listen to?
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »
And does anyone else like listening to film scores?  I've found myself addicted to the music from Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers.
I love the Transformers scores.  There's other movies I enjoy the scores more than the actual music.  Can't put my finger on any of them as of the moment, but I really enjoy them.
@Scorpio No Milo:  My first CD I bought was Beethoven. ^.^  Too bad it's broken and I can't find it in stores anymore. v.v  But I really love piano.  I also love Paul Van Dyke, ATB, DJ Sammy, Darude, Alice Deejay, etc.  My sister got me into that music. XD

Mel
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 05:12:35 PM by Shaina [シャイナ] »

Bud_Alcor

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 06:10:46 PM »
@Mel and Scorpio

Both of you got good taste on music . :bud:

Phyrra

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Camus x Phyrra <3
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2007, 11:18:48 AM »
Thank you Bud_Alcor. ^.^  I only have two songs from Silent Hill (my sister loves it but she sucks at explaining what Silent Hill is really about) and what I do have, I really enjoy them.  I have Room of Angels (piano) and  Red Pyramids.  If you know any other ones that are similar to those two, let me know. ^.^

Mel