Author Topic: What kind of music do you listen to?  (Read 21768 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Re: what kind of music do you listen to?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 06:21:53 AM »
1. Lessee, I listen to almost anything, except most rap and Pop.

2. The reason I dislike most rap and Pop is because of the lyrics.  Rap has a lot of cursing and profanity, no to mention its pretty disrespectful towards women, and that isn't a mark in its favor with me.

1. Same here.

2. Except Japanese anime rap, I'd say. Ryo Shishido's (Toshiyuki Kusuda) song "Geki-Dasa Daze!!" (which translates as "Way uncool/Lame") from Prince of Tennis is LOVE. ^_^

*currently jamming to Jirou Akutagawa's (Yuji Ueda) "Against Wind" from PoT* (I love that guy's voice. X_x)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back to topic.

As I agreed above, I listen to nearly anything. Usually I hate rap, but some exceptions occur. My favorite genres are rock (Poets of the Fall, Sunrise Avenue, Nickelback, Linkin Park...), hard rock, punk rock (only when The Offspring is mentioned), metal (Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lordi, Metallica, Stratovarius...), country (John Denver...), country/rockabilly (John Fogerty... or what the hell his genre is in the first place...), and anime music. Sometimes even pop is good (especially Westlife, Brian McFadden and a Finnish singer called Christian Forss...).

And classical. Liked it since I was little. And I have a CD of Il Divo's, and of Tomi Metsäketo's (he's a Finnish opera singer. His song "On the Banks of the Doreen" is really sad, but sort of happy at the same time. T_T).

Shura

Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 03:28:38 PM »
Any kind of music is fine with me. I'm just not a too big of a fan of country. I like rock, some japanese music-mainly from Hyde and Gackt, some rap is fine here and there, classical is nice as well. I listen to whatever I'm in the mood to, I'm not too picky.

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »
Any kind of music is fine with me. I'm just not a too big of a fan of country. I like rock, some japanese music-mainly from Hyde and Gackt, some rap is fine here and there, classical is nice as well. I listen to whatever I'm in the mood to, I'm not too picky.

wat about punk?

Shura

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »
Punk's all right sometimes. I like it as well. Though, I usually have to be in a certain mood to listen to it, but it's still good in my opinion.

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »
oh ok. cool ^^

einzan

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »
i mostly listen to alternative and sometime anime openings

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »
Symphonic Metal, Eclectic and Trance.
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Aiolia

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »
Heavy metal , Dance and House music

Bud_Alcor

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 11:09:03 PM »
Well the kind of music that I listen the most is Techo, Trance, Euro dance and my favorite Dj is Tiesto. :seiya:

odra

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
Im guessing im one of the few in his forum who listen to "spanish rock" music. I like to listen to bands like: Las insolitas imagenes de aurora, Jaguares,Caifanes,Rata Blanca,Enanitos Verdes,El Tri, Cafe Tacvba, Los amantes de Lola, Tijuana no, Allison, Aterciopelados, Fobia, Los Hombres G, Jumbo, Volumen Cero, Molotov, inspector, panteon rococo, Mago de Oz,Angeles del infierno, three souls in my mind, Victimas del Doctor Cerebro, Soda Estereo,la Ley, Maldita Vecindad,Los Prisioneros,El Haragan,La Union, and my favorite band HEROES DEL SILENCIO. just to name a few.
 :shiryu: :deathmask:

Bud_Alcor

• Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 09:29:59 PM »
@Odra

Te falto poner Interpuesto, Liran roll,Mana, Brujeria.

Phyrra

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Camus x Phyrra <3
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 09:56:50 PM »
I listen to a lot of different genres.  I listen to alot of movie sountracks, anime songs, rock, alternative, oldies, techno, rave, dance, some country, etc.  Mainly everything except rap, hip hop, and R&B.  I love music in other languages. ^.^
@ Newborn:  I love Daft Punk!  I'm not the only one! ^.^  I first got into them when Toonami had a special with the first 4 songs of Discovery.
Right now my favorite artists are Nightwish, E-Nomine, Linkin Park, Bass Hunter, Tokio Hotel, Snow Patrol, Lifehouse, Five for Fighting, Jars of Clay, Apocalyptica, and Darude. XD

Mel

I'm a coward, because I love you too much to let you go.

Bud_Alcor

• Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 10:24:30 PM »
It seems that people in this forum have good taste on music

odra

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 10:38:44 PM »
yeah i forgot to mention quite a few like baron rojo, belanova, qbo but i actually left mana out on purpose because i dont like to listen to their music because they bring back bad memories.

Bud_Alcor

• Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
yeah i forgot to mention quite a few like baron rojo, belanova, qbo but i actually left mana out on purpose because i dont like to listen to their music because they bring back bad memories.

Guess we're on the same situation Mana bring me good and bad memories.