Author Topic: General Sports Thread  (Read 11023 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sports Thread - Football, Handball and more
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 03:07:25 PM »

^
Swamp football

Skater Dude

• Silver Saint
  • Seb Loves Lorri =]]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »
dang wtf? lol nice i wanna try dat xD

Van Fanel

• News Master
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 05:40:28 AM »
The Britons have a go down the hill race after a cheese... :nani:

Official site: http://www.cheese-rolling.co.uk/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tm5La2Kzyw

Himeros

• Still thinking of a Custom Title :)
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2007, 02:44:32 PM »
I hate football/soccer! :D It's silly to see 22 men chase 1 ball. But some soccer players indeed HOT :p Girls, do u agree? :D

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
Re: General Sports Thread
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »
I just heard that the Dakar Rally was cancelled due to safety issues... As the Rally would have had 8 stages where they would have passed through Mauritania, where recently 4 French tourists were murdered, and because of direct threats by terrorist groups, the organisers decided to cancel the event.

I have to admit I get more and more furious at the thought of how much power these terrorist have today that  such an event could get cancelled by that! It is really almost the case that they hold the whole world hostage due to their insane beliefs!

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/world_rally/7171426.stm (Although I just heard it in the news on tv)

(PS: We now have a special soccer (or football as we Europeans say) thread here: http://saintseiyafan.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1293.0 )

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Van Fanel

• News Master
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 11:58:22 AM »
Not joking about the situation, but I was looking at the map and there is plenty of sand and distance to go around Mauritania. The least they could do would be to just skip Mauritania (too many lost days, I know) but at least they would have a bit of race.

What I don't understand is why is the situation in Mauritania any different from Western Sahara? There is also violence there and the caravan was passing by it. Not to mention the 'snipers in camels' that always existed. There must be something else this time...

Bud_Alcor

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Vintage4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »
Well I Soccer and Ice hockey.  Weired cause most hockey players are Blond with eyes color.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
@Van

The German news broadcast I watched was talking about alleged threats by Al Quaida. So it seems these fanatical, fundamentalist islamistic terrorists  managed to frighten them enough to call it off.

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Van Fanel

• News Master
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »
Actually it was more from an alleged arm of Al Qaeda. Amazing how someone can just claim to be Al Qaeda and spark fear everywhere and in everyone...
Or actually no: the drivers were all asking the same question I did - why not go all the way to Mauritania and call it off before getting into the country. Portugal, Spain and Morocco were still enough for a rally. Maybe not what the Organization wanted, but this option is a lot worse for everyone. Everybody here (hotel, bar and restaurant owners, municipal services, etc) are demanding to be some how compensated from the investments they made for the rally and that has now been cancelled.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
Absolutely agreed! The big problem is that this cancellation has given the terrorists even more power. I also would have prefered a shortened rally to no rally at all.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »
The only sport I'm good at is dodgeball.

PiscesCaballero

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:35 PM »
I LOVE Bowling but I been to an actual bowling alley for years due to costs and lack of time. I have been playing those bowling games in the local arcade. If you seen the photos thread, the guy in the bowling alley is me from two years ago XD.

So far I don't partake in any actual sport but I have been doing physical activity so I can get skinny for cosplaying XD.

However I've always been wanting to learn how to swim for years and with more free time and money in my hands, I intend to take swimming lessons this summer. Also while I never actually participated in the sport, I always had an interest with boxing and have been reading various stuff on the sports including bios on champs (Mike Tyson especially), boxing theorem, and other trinkets of the sport. I intend to sign up in a boxing gym this year and start actually participating in the sport for real (lol RNK really boosted my interest in the sport to the point I want to actually do it XD).

Anyone here into wrestling, hunting, and marksmanship? For some reason I recently wanted to start wanting to get involved in wrestling (I'm talking about the real sport, not the fake WWF and junk like that). I'm going to take marksmanship classes this year and start buying guns, mainly because I have a paranoia that anarchy and/or totalitarian government will start coming into existence. So I'm gonna start owning guns and frequently practice shooting so I'm prepared if United States get into a state of anarchy or totalitarianism. As for hunting, thats just something I'm always been curious about. As soon as I get a hunting license this fall I'm going to hunt deer just for sheer curiosity.

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »
Good for you, that's great.

I've eaten deer, it tastes okay. I like slowly roasted or stewed best. ^^

I'm not really into any sports. I do fair at bowling.

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2015, 05:39:45 PM »
I enjoying playing Soccer. Back in H.S I was the Goalie of the Soccer Varsity Team Ah those were the good old days but now I play it once in a while. I do enjoy watching it.

Favorite Soccer Teams are Real Madrid, Club America & Atlético de Madrid :).. When I have time I watch WWE to .