Author Topic: Plantress's....art.  (Read 2125 times)

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
Plantress's....art.
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:25:13 PM »
Although it's been a while since I actually made anything, I have several ceramic projects that I made when I was in high school.  There not very good, but I'm still fond of them.  (Sorry for the bad pics, I was using a digital camera and I'm not that good at taking pictures anyway.)

First one...well I guess you could call it a fanart since it's suppose to be CLAMP's two Mokonas. XD

They aren't the best because I made them both in one hour long class as a present for my little sister.   Glazed them in about the same amount of time too. XD I was hurrying because they were either for her birthday or for Christmas and I had to hurry if I wanted them done on time.  Unfortunately, as you can see, they've suffered several accidents since I gave them to my sister.  White Mokona has lost both his ears, and Black Mokona lost both his ears, and both his feet!    I also didn't have any color references when I glazed them so Black Mokona ended up with a red jewel thing on his forehead, instead of the blue one he was suppose to have.

This is just a little angel I made before school let out because of Christmas break.   I really like how she came out in the end.   I think she looks better without an actual face draw in, but my little sister complains about it whenever she sees the angel.

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
Re: Plantress's....art.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
Hey, cool. Nice job there!! 

When I had pottery at school, we had very clear cut tasks, so I couldn't do anything fanartsy. (Or what would you do when you are supposed to create "Organic growth forms under the protection of a tectonic mantle form" (Yeah, that's what our teacher told us to do. We all went like "Huh?!"))

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 10:01:20 PM »
 :nani: That would have been my reaction too.   

I feel lucky to have my ceramic's teacher.  He was really cool and, aside from a few beginning things to show us to work the clay, we were allowed to basically whatever we wanted.    My teacher was really too.  Once we all came into the class room to find that he had taken one of the cardboard boxes new clay came in, had cut eye holes and a nose hole, and was wearing it over his head.  XD  He made a point of staring at everyone as they came in the class room, and kept it up until one of the guys asked him what he was doing.  XD 

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Ariadne

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Mistress of the Labyrinth
    • View Profile
    • Labrys
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 07:51:41 AM »
They're so pretty.  I had handcrafts classes but since I was in high school and preparing for being a teacher, it was pretty much a class to learn how to do stuff to use in the classroom.  I learnt how to knit and cross-stitch after many years, and that's all I can actually do :P

Himeros

• Still thinking of a Custom Title :)
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »
The pix look rather dark :) Mokona??? Is it the same Mokona (the white bouncing bunny-like creature) from Magic Knight Ray Earth? If it's teh same mokona, then it's very cute. I love how Mokona 'speaks' :D Squeaking voices :D