Author Topic: LC DVD Vol 6, final!!  (Read 13984 times)

Celyddon

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: LC DVD Vol 6, final!!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 09:07:40 PM »
I really liked the way they did the 15th century incarnations.  I ended up watching the Spanish dubs since I can understand a lot more of those than the Portuguese ones.

Penthesilea--I'm interested to see what you think of how they did Kardia and Degel in the anime.  I have to say, though, that it must be hard to have hair down to your knees.  ;)

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2011, 02:31:50 AM »
15th Peg might be dead already... And what's interesting is that there's a hint of more fighting even after Hades's soul went away... In Ep. G short manga, it had the Specters saying they would unseal Hades again to start another war and then Shion just shut them down...

Anyway, Previous-Previous Athena is great but she probably died taking down the Twin Gods...  :sob:

Kaleo

• ►A▼►A▼
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2011, 03:12:58 AM »
Thanks to member LDN in Saint Seiya Ice Planet Forum, these are the scans for the last booklet & card:
Original Source: http://www.ssiceplanet.net/foro/index.php?showtopic=12478&view=findpost&p=324413

Just click to enlarge:

About the 10 Saints in the 8th scan... in order, left to right, they are:

イルカ座 Delphinus
イソテイアン座 Indus
きょしちょう座Tucana
かんむり座 Corona Borealis
とびうお座Volans
エリダヌス座Eridanus
うしかい座Bo÷tes
うさぎ座 Lepus
カシオヘア座 Cassiopeia
きりん座 Camelopardalis

Besides Camelopardalis doesn't resembles a Giraffe so much, I suggest this link to explain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2011, 08:11:59 AM »
Awesome :D

So Teshirogi did go further with the Indus design after all :)

I figured out the Volans one without looking at the name xD

The do however seems a little too ornated for mere Silver and Bronze Cloths.

I have yet to see ep 15, but the 16th century Hades looks very interesting :)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
Thanks to member LDN in Saint Seiya Ice Planet Forum, these are the scans for the last booklet & card:

Thanks LDN!! :)

Besides Camelopardalis doesn't resembles a Giraffe so much, I suggest this link to explain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qilin

Hello! Saint B'tX! ;)

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »
OH MY GOD! :o

15th Century Athena looked more matured. Then again, the Cancer Twins are like 50-60 years during that Holy War (no wonder Hair White! :D ).

And @!#%!&!* 15th Century Hades had LONG hair TOO and like Alone's only thicker at the back? (One Maroonish-Brown Wig in the style of Alone Please!)

Thank you for the head-up Kaleo :)

Anyway, Previous-Previous Athena is great but she probably died taking down the Twin Gods...  :sob:

True true and she's already weaken by the end of the battle so what's her chance again those 2 buggers? @_@

Episode 25 :
07:17 - Is that Bennu or Behemoth?
07:31 - Griffin?

YanDaMan

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »
Well Im glad to see that my worst fear did not come to pass, as season 2 ended wth no resolution. Meaning theres a good chance there'll be a third season, I hope...

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2011, 02:31:55 AM »
Some people out there just like to spread bad or crazy info....  -_-

Penthesilea

• Burn My Dread
    • View Profile
    • St. Paradise
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »
Penthesilea--I'm interested to see what you think of how they did Kardia and Degel in the anime.  I have to say, though, that it must be hard to have hair down to your knees.  ;)

Saw ep.25 yesterday. The 15th century Athena and Hades seem to be a blend of Lost Canvas and Classic series respectively. For example, the 15th century Athena has Saori's face and body but Sasha's hair style. The 15th century Hades has Alone's face and hair but Shun's robes and cape. Although personally I'm disappointed because they could have used a different and original style (like Athena's hair brown) but this is good enough.

@Celyddon
My first reaction upon seeing Degel was "OMG IT'S CAMUS WITH GLASSES!!!XD" and it's surprising because that marks him as the first Gold Saint to carry glasses. Obviously he will not fight with them on (will he!? :o) I don't remember seeing with glasses in the manga. I suspect that if INDEED he will fight with glasses on, he must have poor eyesight.

As for Kardia, he's way more rebellious than Milo. I know he's terminally ill but... Of course, I'm not saying that he shouldn't fight. That's obviously out of the question. It's just he has to take it slow. The stress of battle can quickly wear him out.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2011, 08:41:43 AM »
The 15th century Hades has Alone's face and hair but Shun's robes and cape.

It's almost all Hades Alone except for the Hair Color and maybe Belt which are Hades Shun's.

I don't remember seeing with glasses in the manga. I suspect that if INDEED he will fight with glasses on, he must have poor eyesight.

Degel is Long-Sighted and he's wearing Reading Glasses. He wore them in the Manga too, when he was doing research about Poseidon. Dun see him wearing or holding any glasses while waiting for the Hades Castle battle to start but maybe it was under his book when he first pop up and question Sisyphos.

Celyddon

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »
Mebbe he (Degel) has hidden pockets in his Cloth!  :D

For all we know, maybe Camus wore glasses too?  I don't recall ever seeing him shown reading.  I dunno.  Either way, as a fangirl, I'm pleased.

Penthesilea

• Burn My Dread
    • View Profile
    • St. Paradise
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »
:camus2: Glasses? Why?

:milo2: So you can look cool during battles.

:camus2: What about you?

:milo2: Me? Nah!

But then again I may be exaggerating. The anime is not going to be crazy enough to pit Degel in a fight with his glasses on. Will they? :o If we ever get to the Blue Grad arc, we might see him more frequently with them on in and out of battle.

As for Hades, this previous one indeed is identical to Alone. But his clothing more resemble Shun's.

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
Hades Shun dun wear a "front opening" Robe with Trim and Tight Sleeves like Hades Alone did from Chapter 132 to 165 (aka Lost Canvas Outfit).
I know cause I been STARING my rear off at that costume since it first came out. The Pauldron is also more Hades Alone as the part beside his neck is more "straight" rather than rounded like Hades Shun's.
Seriously the Metal Collar and Pauldron is like the upcoming Anime version of the ones he wore in Chapter 165 (Black and Gold instead of All-Gold in the Manga) when the Pauldron is only 1 per side instead of double on each sides.

Can't point out the Belt as it lacks the details for the Anime one.

Will try to process the screencaps tonight to compare when I come back from work as was way too tired the last 2 after capturing the screencaps and putting into Photoshop 2 nights ago.

As for Degel wearing Glasses due to Long-Sightedness, it's pretty obvious as unlike what we know of Camus, Degel do a LOT of readings since young so might had developed the Long-Sightedness. Weird things can happen sometimes (like my friend's son only got eye problem with astigmatism and got to wear glasses for it occasional tho' his eye sights is prefect) and I understand, people who are Long-Sighted can see almost perfectly as long not reading something close to their face.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2011, 02:25:50 AM »
Camus seems like a different character I think.

The dynamic here of Dejel and Kardia is Dejel book worm, Kardia making trouble, so one day Kardia just got Dejel to make some trouble with him... And that incident got the Pope mad, that's why this pic:

Just my speculation... ;)

Celyddon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2011, 07:19:51 AM »
Why do you say that Camus is a different character?  I'm curious.  :)