SSF Forum Header by Shaina
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

110141 Posts in 4343 Topics- by 843 Members - Latest Member: gildaa

October 02, 2014, 07:28:26 AM
Saint Seiya Fan Forums - The largest english Saint Seiya community!Like To Chat?EntertainmentAnime/MangaGundam 00
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Gundam 00  (Read 9003 times)
Persephone

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 03:38:50 PM »

I didn't liked Gundam Wing design.And this...it's even worst!
Kuriboh
  Female
NankH Staff
Gold Saint
Au Palais de Verre
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »

The Wing designs were pretty, but that's all they were - half of those mechs wouldn't be able to hold themselves up ESPECIALLY on earth.

SEED was a bit better for that, IMO, but 00 is simply terrible. The mechs are nice and sleek and everything, but Exia and Virtue, though very VERY reminiscent of the UC designs (which makes me very happy) don't seem at all equipped for atmospheric combat. I generally don't pay a whole ton of attention to the mech designs though.

BTW, you want ugly Gundams?

Say hello to the RX-78-2, also known as the original GUNDAM.  I think we can all agree that just about everything looks better than that.  I say just about because the Zakarello here is proof that there is no God. Seriously. Even TITAN colours can't save it.

Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Sorrento
  Female
Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
あなた わ だれ?
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 06:18:36 AM »

The Wing designs were pretty, but that's all they were - half of those mechs wouldn't be able to hold themselves up ESPECIALLY on earth.

SEED was a bit better for that, IMO, but 00 is simply terrible. The mechs are nice and sleek and everything, but Exia and Virtue, though very VERY reminiscent of the UC designs (which makes me very happy) don't seem at all equipped for atmospheric combat. I generally don't pay a whole ton of attention to the mech designs though.

BTW, you want ugly Gundams?

Say hello to the RX-78-2, also known as the original GUNDAM.  I think we can all agree that just about everything looks better than that.  I say just about because the Zakarello here is proof that there is no God. Seriously. Even TITAN colours can't save it.

What the....

Well Exia is too lookalike to the Gundams of all the main chars. (I mean gundams like wing gundam, Strike Freedom, Impulse, destiny, etc.

Harem: Sorrento+Poseidon+Athene+Zeus+Artemis+Lyra Orpheus+Apollo+Isaac+Myu+Mime+Marin+Crius+Oceanus+Siegfried+Thetis+Hestia+Rhuax+Brontes+Phlox Shared: Demeter, Sphinx
Kuriboh
  Female
NankH Staff
Gold Saint
Au Palais de Verre
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:56 AM »

Mobile Suit Gundam can be scary sometimes.

That's how you know it's the main Gundam - Blue and white, often with red or yellow trim is the DEAD GIVEAWAY that it's the main Gundam. Running jokes and nods back and whatnot. Case in point, look at the Original Gundam up there. It started the whole trend.

~~UC GUNDAMS~~

RX-78 (Mobile Suit Gundam)
RX-79[G] Gundam Mass Production Ground Type (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 008th MS Team) <--awesome series, btw.
RX-78NT "Alex" (0080: War in the Pocket)
RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes" (0083: Stardust Memory)
MSZ-006 ZETA Gundam (Zeta Gundam)
MSZ-10 Gundam Double ZETA (ZZ Gundam)
GUNDAM F91 (Gundam F91) <---Starring the system that Wing's ZERO system was based (see: Blatantly ripped off) from.
LM312V04 Victory Gundam (Victory Gundam)

~~AU GUNDAMS~~

GF13-017NJ Shining Gundam (G Gundam) <---another good series, but it's on the special crack.
XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam (New Mobile Report: Gundam WING)
GX-9900 Gundam X (After War Gundam X)
SYSTEM ∀-99 (WD-M01) ∀ Gundam (∀ Gundam) <---AKA, the ugliest thing EVER, but still a friggen fantastic show.
GAT-X105 Strike Gundam (Gundam SEED)
ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam (Gundam SEED: DESTINY)
GN-001 Gundam Exia (Gundam 00)

SO AS YOU CAN SEE, Having a white-and-blue-and-sometimes-red-and-yellow leading Gundam is like having a blue sky, a red coke can, the colours of the rainbow in order, etc etc. I know about 50 people who might have heart attacks if it was any other way.

(in this list, I included only the Gundams that were piloted by the hero at the beginning of their shows. The exception is my listing for Zeta Gundam, as Kamille began piloting the Gundam Mk-II. However, that Gundam was re-painted a few episodes in, and therefore hard to find a picture of it's colourscheme. Besides, Zeta looks cooler.)

Miharu

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »

The design is a bit questionable, especially since they invited the artists that did "Loveless". I just don't see how that fits the Gundam series! XD

And I laughed at the name "Alleluijah" - really can't help it!

But I hope it will be a decent continuation to the Gundam series. Though I was kind of expecting season three for SEED.
Kuriboh
  Female
NankH Staff
Gold Saint
Au Palais de Verre
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 06:48:21 PM »

if SEED had a season 3, heads would roll. Its getting a movie as is.

Miharu

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 12:42:06 PM »

A movie? I haven't heard about that...

It's just that I like the Astray manga and was hoping that some characters from it would end up in the anime.
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 01:30:53 AM »

I loved the Destiny Astray manga, the Outframe has to be one of the best Gundams ever!

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.
Sorrento
  Female
Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
あなた わ だれ?
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 04:54:37 PM »

Is Destiny Astray after Seed Destiny or or after Astray?

Harem: Sorrento+Poseidon+Athene+Zeus+Artemis+Lyra Orpheus+Apollo+Isaac+Myu+Mime+Marin+Crius+Oceanus+Siegfried+Thetis+Hestia+Rhuax+Brontes+Phlox Shared: Demeter, Sphinx
Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 02:49:56 PM »

It's after Astray X and during the first half of Gundam Seed Destiny

Raiden [雷電]
  Female
Acquired Seventh Sense
I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »

Setsuna looks like Shinn Asuka. xD (And damn, Lockon is really cute. One of the best-looking Gundam characters so far. Although, I still like Zechs Merquise, Mu La Flaga and Andrew Waltfeld the most. xD ...The cutest ever was Rusty Mackenzie, though... Poor guy. T_T)

Miharu

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »

Yeah, a lot of great characters died in the Gundam series... and a lot of characters I dislike stayed alive. Damn.
But yeah, Andrew Waltfeld is one of my favorite characters as well. SEED needs more of him! XD
Raiden [雷電]
  Female
Acquired Seventh Sense
I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 05:18:54 PM »

I need to watch SEED Destiny after I've finished SEED. Andy looks even better when his other eye is gone. (...Although, Mu looks pretty striking in SD when he has longer hair and that scar going over his eye... X_x) ...Oh yes, even Gilbert Durandal seems to pretty awesome.

Galaxian
  Male
NankH Staff
Acquired Seventh Sense
Of this world...I'm disappointed
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 05:24:59 PM »

Gundam 00 theme song seems cool, though one can only hears 14 seconds of it...

Tetsu Aero
  Male
Administrator
Gold Saint
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 01:58:30 AM »

I dunno about the theme song, it's Larc' en Ciel that does it. And so far it's too slow for a Gundam Song (it's like in the middle) <.<

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

//RMRK2 - DARK - Enhanced created by Silverline, From orange-lt by panic

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]