Author Topic: Favorite seiyuus  (Read 2950 times)

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite seiyuus
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 04:06:58 PM »
That said, I find Jade's Japanese voice boring. ...He was voiced by Takehito Koyasu in the original version. I've heard nearly 50 roles from Koyasu and he's starting to bore me - he always sounds the same!

I'm withdrawing this statement. It's only Koyasu's stoic roles that tend to sound generally the same - there are, however, some stoic characters who sound more unique (including Aya from Weiss Kreuz and Ryosuke from Initial D... incidentally some of my favorite characters in their respective series).

Now, his comical or over-the-top roles are just PURE GOLD. Gym Ghingham's hammy (pun intended) "GEKKOUCHOOOOUUUUUU DE ARU!" will forever be stuck in my head.

Also, then there are his troll characters. Jade from Abyss isn't all that special, but... Shu Shirakawa. That man is so amazingly infuriating! I honestly tried to translate a page of Super Robot Wars OG: The Inspector ~Record of ATX~, and he was so incredibly polite and smug that it got annoying. XD I can understand why Masaki can't stand him... but heck, I love Shu. Despite the "trolly pain in the arse" thing. Koyasu's portrayal of him is also spot-on... especially in the anime when he gets to kill Vigagi.

PS. And don't get me started on his flamboyant and/or okama roles. ...Started with Olivie in Angelique, then continued with Ranka Fujioka and Nasu Veronica... and he actually says he's not good at playing okama roles? I call BS, Koyappi. You EXCEL at them.