Author Topic: Western Comics!  (Read 3999 times)

Hydrus

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Western Comics!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
I don't have much confidence in Avengers either...I'm not really a Joss Whedon fan.

I agree, Hydra is kind of a ripoff.  Maybe it could be okay for a later one, but not for the first movie.  Still, maybe you've seen previews I haven't, because from what I've seen, Red Skull (HugoWeavingYay!) figures more prominently than Hydra.  Have they revealed yet what timeline they're going to cover?  Like, it is going to be all pre-ice block?

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 06:33:36 PM »
It's WWII and Red Skull wears a Gestapo-est uniform with Hydra patches and belt buckle. As for Joss Whedon, not a big fan myself and think he's very over-rated. That said, I did really enjoy Firefly and Serenity and think that's his best work.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 01:26:40 AM »
Agree on Whedon.

Also Synder for Man of Steel, don't give me much to cheer either, but Nolan is there, maybe he'll actually school him on how to direct... ;)

PiscesCaballero

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »
Anyone here read V For Vendetta?Just downloaded that yesterday via torrent and finished it. It was awesome!I'll be checking the movie out soon!

In fact V will probably be my first Cosplay.

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »
Anyone here read V For Vendetta?Just downloaded that yesterday via torrent and finished it. It was awesome!

I read it when it was new and still own the individual issue I purchased back in the 1980's. I enjoyed it for what it was but I liked Watchmen better.

PiscesCaballero

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »
I read it when it was new and still own the individual issue I purchased back in the 1980's. I enjoyed it for what it was but I liked Watchmen better.

I'm gonna check Watchmen out pretty soon! First I gotta finish 300, Ghost In the Shell, some Batman Dark Knight thingie I downloaded,and the Scud:The Disposabel Assassin spinoffs.

Has anyone here read Scud: The Disposable Assassin? :D
Has anyone here ever read Asterio Polyps?
Just finished Sam and Max comics moments ago.

Anyone ever heard of this or its (more famous) game counterparts?

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
I'm not reading any currently, mainly due to lack of bishounen. XD

At least Batman is pretty cool though.

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 04:54:49 AM »
I've picked up two ongoing Western comics based on an acquaintance's recommendations, and haven't been disappointed so far: Rat Queens and Saga.
And the recommendations were on point- I've definitely enjoyed both. If you haven't checked them out yet- well, a word of warning, both contain sex, drug use and gorey violence.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 06:17:14 AM »
You should try Wayward and Invincible, they are pretty good series. Image Comics is usually for more mature audience than other companies. Also Saga is an Image Comics series so there you go. Don't know about Rat Queens tho, never heard of it.

tuhis

• Bronze Saint
  • Too prolific fanartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
Thanks, I'll keep those in mind.
Rat Queens is an Image Comics series as well, now that I checked. :)

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 09:57:49 PM »
An older picture. About 3/4 of my collection.

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »
I grew up with European comics, not American ones. ;P I read Asterix, Lucky Luke, Tintin and Iznogoud when I was a kid. Later, as a teenager, I found the Yoko Tsuno comics. ...That series is now my favorite western comic.

Unless you count Dreamwave and IDW's Transformers comics. They tie with Yoko Tsuno.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 11:26:04 PM »
I grew up with European comics, not American ones. ;P I read Asterix, Lucky Luke, Tintin and Iznogoud when I was a kid. Later, as a teenager, I found the Yoko Tsuno comics. ...That series is now my favorite western comic.

Unless you count Dreamwave and IDW's Transformers comics. They tie with Yoko Tsuno.

I never been to Finland but are Disney comic books  (can't say the title of the series because every country has their own titles) as big as they are in Germany, Italy and Greece? because Marvel and DC ( the only American companies you can find at the stores)  are not as popular.