Author Topic: How Was Your Day?  (Read 10650 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: How Was Your Day?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
@GVmanX : Yes it's still quite popular here, it's also the case of Dragon Ball.

What are the other popular anime/manga in France?  I know Grendizer's hailed as a classic along with Kurenai Sanshiro (under the name "Judo Boy"), and I assume both City Hunter and Fist of the North Star both maintain a bit of popularity since they aired on TV, but what about some others?  Also, did Apache Yakyugun air there, or am I thinking of another show?

@SageofTime : We don't have such things as night classes here, I can't imagine how touch it must be.

Really?  No night classes at all in France?

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »
I don't know for Apache Yakyugun...

City Hunter and Fist of te North Star are classics here, Grendizer is known as Goldorak in France and it was really popular, though I don't know for the younger generation.
I've never really watched Judo Boy so I've got no idea about this show's popularity.

Really?  No night classes at all in France?

Nope, there are none, at least not that I've heard of.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »
Didn't they re-title City Hunter to Nickey Larson? That must've been interesting.

I think it's neat that Fist of the North Star has managed to maintain its popularity there, considering it received the whole gag dub treatment.  I do love the French name, though; Ken the Survivor has a great ring to it.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »
Yes they did rename City Hunter as Nicky Larson and they changed the names of the characters (and censored it... the voice acting in French was memorable but not for the best reasons, though it is still good compared to what they did with Fist of the North Star).
Actually for Fist of the North Star there was a release in dvd of the original anime, also the manga was published too so fans of the anime noticed how great the show should have been. The problem was that at the time, those who bought the licence of anime to braodcast then thought that, as it was animated, it was meant for children (which is not the case of Fist of the North Star).

Ken le survivant, I'm so used to the old French song for the anime ! Sure the title sounds nice, it puts the emphasis on the character and not on his techniques/school.

As for the day, I had a good day, better than yesterday (the pupils wanted anything but work, my collegue who has the same classes with me had a terrible time too).
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »
Sigh...I don't know how to start this thing. Today at 8:40 am EST the fateful thing happened, my grandma finally left this world. I have mixed feelings about it as while she was alive, she was suffering each and every day. So in a way I am happy that it happened but sad for losing the one I could call mom when my mother was working abroad. She practically raised me because of my mother's busy schedule and whatever I may have become today I partially owe it to her. I will never forget her and she will always be in my heart but also in my mind.

Grandma,

R.I.P

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 04:44:14 PM »
My condolences.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2015, 05:38:28 AM »
My condolences Seiya.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
Thank you.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2015, 05:43:07 PM »
My condolences.

SageofTime

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 12:11:21 AM »
My condolences

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 06:00:57 PM »
Earlier this week someone stole money from my wallet, taking 300-400 dollar. If that's not enough whoever that thief was took all but left a single dollar behind...

SageofTime

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 01:30:41 AM »
Earlier this week someone stole money from my wallet, taking 300-400 dollar. If that's not enough whoever that thief was took all but left a single dollar behind...
Oh No! I am really sorry that happened to you.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 07:16:33 AM »

Aww, you poor thing. :(

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 07:33:06 AM »
RIP