Author Topic: How Was Your Day?  (Read 10647 times)

kensh1ro

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: How Was Your Day?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 02:17:58 AM »
My internet connection is very confusing in the montains. One time, everything but videos loaded great, now everything's running smoother than they did at home.
... and it's now 5 in the morning.

Rama Olendris

• Watashi ha watashi sore dake
    • View Profile
    • Rama Olendris's Art
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:46 PM »
I'm beginning to really hate the fact that people in my generation, in my country, can't seem to say two simple words. Really, these words are not hard to say, and are in fact one of the first words we learn to say. Those words are called PLEASE and THANK YOU. My day has been frustrating because two of my friends can't seem to remember how to say these words even though I have routinely helped them out with this or that.
emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht daer nac uoy fi.

Thrudgelmir2333

• Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »
I'm beginning to really hate the fact that people in my generation, in my country, can't seem to say two simple words. Really, these words are not hard to say, and are in fact one of the first words we learn to say. Those words are called PLEASE and THANK YOU. My day has been frustrating because two of my friends can't seem to remember how to say these words even though I have routinely helped them out with this or that.

Technically, those are three words, not two.

By the way, my day also sucked. Drove up the north of my country to attend my uncle's funeral. I really liked him. Every time I looked at his pale face or my aunt's teary eyes, I just walked out of there and rubbed my own so as to not be seen crying. I can't face anyone crying with grief without also tearing up so, when it's in my family, I just couldn't stand being there, looking at his open casket. The last time I felt like this was when my grandfather died, except that I just let myself cry uncontrollably back then. I really liked him, too. My grandpa sailed literally all around the world in the school-ship Sagres and I spent my childhood adoring him and the aforementioned Uncle. I spent the whole day remembering how cool my Uncle was and how he never was unkind or unjust. He was an incredibly sweet person that died in a lot of pain.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, rama-olendris. I know how frustrating it can be to feel like people just don't care or don't understand. Kids these days, and even adults, just don't know how to appreciate the kindness of people while it lasts, right? Don't mind them. When you run out of kindness and are gone, they'll truly be reminded that you are a part of their lives, that you have emotions and that you mean something to them. For now, let them just stew on their own selfishness.

kelvinwo

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »
Kind of meeh, was pretty tired by noon so I took a long nap after lunch. Kinda bored now :/

harryrappe

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 11:28:57 PM »
My day has been pretty uneventful so far. After a camping trip over the weekend and a amusement park trip oyesterday, I'm taking a lazy day today and spending some time on Skyrim.

Shunhades

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
My day was exhausting T^T
Saint Seiya Fan for over 20 years

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 07:44:32 AM »
Great, that was the kind of topic I was searching for !

I've begun a new scholar year in a new school and I'm slowly getting used to it. I'm doing good so far (even if the school is labelled as a difficult one) and today, my youngest pupils (6ème, around 11-12) came to talk to me at the end of the lesson about.... Saint Seiya ! They were three girls, and I couldn't help smiling as they just asked me if I knew StS, telling me who was their favourite character (two for Hyoga, one for Seiya ! The ice Saint wins so far). It was nice and I found it interesting that they should come to talk about StS.
:seiya: " Allô Shiryu, c'est toi ?"
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 10:40:25 AM »
How did the kids figure out that you are a Saint Seiya fan? :O

Not to mention that the talk was about Saint Seiya. Very interesting.

Mine was not so great, my grandma is sick and she refuses to eat anything even tho the doctor said she has to and to top it all off she has paranoia, hallucinations and delusions. She is probably at her last stage of her life. :(

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »
@Hallwill, Good for you, now you got a short cut to getting to know the girls in your class better :)

@Seiya, I'm sorry to hear that must be tough.

My day...2 exams, with one more coming tomorrow...that's pretty much descibe everything.

SageofTime

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 09:27:58 PM »
It was very long this is my second day back to schoo.I had the lecture part of my cell biology for health occupations class earlier today then tonight I had my Anatomy and Physiology Class both lecture and lab.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »
They actually had no idea I'm a Saint Seiya fan, they just wanted to talk about it (I take time to listen to my pupils after lessons, whatever they want to talk about, and they saw me listen to others in their class, so I guess that's why). They were surprised I knew StS and that's how I got their favourite characters and why they liked them (Hyoga, for one because he can control ice and that's -literally- cool, and for the other because he's good looking, as for Seiya, his fighting style and the fact he fights for his friends).

@ Seiya :
I'm really sorry about your grandmother.

@Niello :
So today you had your last exam ?

@SageofTime :
"tonight" ? You have classes during the night ? (I probably misunderstood or pictured it the wrong way, as usual :p)
:shiryu: " Tu viens de composer mon numéro bourrique ! Qui tu veux que se soit !"

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »

@Niello :
So today you had your last exam ?

Not even close, still has a long semester ahead.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 04:48:13 PM »
@Hallwill:  Nifty.  I guess StS maintains a fairly high popularity in France?

@Seiya:  I'm sorry to hear that.

@Niello:  Exams suck.

@SageofTime:  Night classes?  Is this one of those once-a-week three-hour-long ones?  I had to take my advanced fiction writing class as one of those in my last semester for my bachelor's.  I also did that for a Holocaust history class.

Things have been pretty good hear lately, though I did have to shove a bunch of homework junk in over my weekend.  With this paper I had to do, I thought I did it quite well, but now I'm not sure I understood the scope of the term (Strategic Planning) that the paper was focusing on.  This is why I hate a lot of this management terminology junk:  they're all incredibly vague and somewhat meaningless.

SageofTime

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 06:04:19 PM »
@SageofTime :
"tonight" ? You have classes during the night ? (I probably misunderstood or pictured it the wrong way, as usual :p)
Yes the classes were at night
@SageofTime:  Night classes?  Is this one of those once-a-week three-hour-long ones?  I had to take my advanced fiction writing class as one of those in my last semester for my bachelor's.  I also did that for a Holocaust history class.
No the classes are two days a week and they are an hour and fifty minutes.

Hallwill

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 03:09:29 AM »
@GVmanX : Yes it's still quite popular here, it's also the case of Dragon Ball.

@SageofTime : We don't have such things as night classes here, I can't imagine how touch it must be.

@Niello : good luck then !