Author Topic: Who of the girls do u like in Saint Seiya?  (Read 10063 times)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Who of the girls do u like in Saint Seiya?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »

Mewzard-kun last year and a month you told me not to complain about the slow publishing of the chapters and the slow pacing and that I should be patient and if nothing happens for a year then I can complain. So what's your answer on that? Patience is running low that I came to a point that I rather have him finish it already than keep feeding us with more details. I don't want him to kick the bucket before he finishes it....that would be sad. You have to understand my feelings.

I knew this was going to come up soon...and it's true that there haven't been anything for a year now...but isn't Kuru working on Otoko Zaka? So, at the very least he's not just idling doing nothing...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
I knew this was going to come up soon...and it's true that there haven't been anything for a year now...but isn't Kuru working on Otoko Zaka? So, at the very least he's not just idling doing nothing...

Is Otoko Zaka more important than his 2nd biggest hit? Saint Seiya was on hiatus because he wanted to finish Ring ni Kakero because of it's huge success and of course because he loved the series. If I am not mistaken he tried to start a new series in 1992 Silent Knight Sho...which is sort of a copy of Saint Seiya but at some point he gave up on it. The story was great yet again Ring ni Kakero was his priority.

Now forgive me if I may sound rude but what's his fucking priority now? finish a short story or continue with the most amazing manga ( at least for me it is) series ever created ? Why does it take so long to finish such a short story?

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2015, 09:25:55 AM »
Seiya-nii, I'm not trying to cover for Kuru. I know you are angry about it. The current situation is bad, but there is still a big difference between him not releasing the chapters and not doing anything, as oppose to not releasing it but at least still active as  a mangaka. That's all I want to bring into the discussion.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2015, 09:35:32 AM »
I know Niello-chan I am not trying to make hate the great story teller that Masami is...I just don't want another Silent Knight Sho because frankly...we are not going to see more of that series and that's ok with me...only two volumes of a story but Saint Seiya is big and it will be a big letdown if he continues stalling it.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »

But Mewzard-kun Saints are not soldiers...you can't just promote someone to Gold because you are running low on Saints...if the Cloth isn't meant for them then they can't have it. Besides the boys were never promoted to Gold Saints either...but the Cloths chose to help them, they didn't inherit them ( I am not saying that you said that). Also did you forget that Shion and Dohko were the only Gold Saints survivors of the last Holy War? Plus Masami said in an interview as Shion that the Gold Saints of the 20th century are the first ones since the 18th century. Mu was Shion's only apprentice and so the other Gold Saints (and of course Silver and Bronze)...they were born for the coming of the next Holy War. The Holy War has ended there is no reason to promote someone to Gold Saint when the next one might take 100 years from now or so. Yes I know there is already a movement of Olympus trying to kill the "sinners" and all...but apparently the stars didn't predict that....or is it exactly why Ophiuchus is reviving? Is he going to raise all the dead Saints? who knows? it is the perfect timing for someone who holds a grudge against Olympus after all....although there is one question, was Athena's journey to the past with the other boys...fruitless? or is he really resurrecting in the 18th century and then travel to the 20th century to cure Seiya? I am sure is one of these two and Masami might not have decided yet how to continue otherwise it would be more straightforward.

Ophiuchus Gold Saint was not in Masami's plans.  He got a bunch of requests from fans in 2011 (the year that everyone was talking about Ophiuchus being a Zodiac Sign), that they hope that they would see Ophiuchus as a Gold Saint. Also he got another bunch of letters saying they wanted Shaina to become the Gold Saint of Ophiuchus.
So it is in my belief that if Masami does make Shaina a Gold Saint it is not because he wants to but because of the "pestering" of the fans.

Mewzard-kun last year and a month you told me not to complain about the slow publishing of the chapters and the slow pacing and that I should be patient and if nothing happens for a year then I can complain. So what's your answer on that? Patience is running low that I came to a point that I rather have him finish it already than keep feeding us with more details. I don't want him to kick the bucket before he finishes it....that would be sad. You have to understand my feelings.

ND had Shion and Dohko promoted from Bronze Saints to Gold Saints. The classic series showed all five Bronzes can wear Gold Cloths. ND had Virgo Shaka say Shun was his successor. They can be promoted.

Clearly, Athena NEEDS forces, since she's going to have greater fights soon than ever before. Ophiuchus reviving them could be the answer, but with what Shaka said, I feel the Bronzes might get promoted.

Kuru can't get inspired occasionally by other people's ideas? He took some ideas from the anime. Maybe he liked the ideas, rather than getting "pestered".

My favorite giant robot manga of all time is Getter Robo. Nearly 30 years wasn't enough time to finish before Ken Ishikawa died. As much as it sucked to end on a cliffhanger...I'd have hated it if he tried to rush to a disappointing ending rather than give us quality, but not be able to finish it.

Osamu Tezuka never finished Phoenix despite having started on it decades before he died, yet it's beloved because of how good it is. Rushing to a lackluster ending would have hurt it.

Also, remember: Otoko Zaka was supposed to be his big series. He was always disappointing it didn't take off. What better time than his 40th anniversary to continue some of his personally loved, yet discontinued series? Those releases were for him.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2015, 12:56:16 PM »
1.ND had Shion and Dohko promoted from Bronze Saints to Gold Saints. The classic series showed all five Bronzes can wear Gold Cloths. ND had Virgo Shaka say Shun was his successor. They can be promoted.

2.Clearly, Athena NEEDS forces, since she's going to have greater fights soon than ever before. Ophiuchus reviving them could be the answer, but with what Shaka said, I feel the Bronzes might get promoted.

3.Kuru can't get inspired occasionally by other people's ideas? He took some ideas from the anime. Maybe he liked the ideas, rather than getting "pestered".

4.My favorite giant robot manga of all time is Getter Robo. Nearly 30 years wasn't enough time to finish before Ken Ishikawa died. As much as it sucked to end on a cliffhanger...I'd have hated it if he tried to rush to a disappointing ending rather than give us quality, but not be able to finish it.

Osamu Tezuka never finished Phoenix despite having started on it decades before he died, yet it's beloved because of how good it is. Rushing to a lackluster ending would have hurt it.

5.Also, remember: Otoko Zaka was supposed to be his big series. He was always disappointing it didn't take off. What better time than his 40th anniversary to continue some of his personally loved, yet discontinued series? Those releases were for him.

1. Shion and Dohko were meant to become Gold Saints with the Cosmo they had but anyway that's not the issue here...you can't just become a Gold Saint because they have no one else to replace them...you must prove you have the power...and Shaina's feats like it or not were not so impressive.

2. How do we know Shaka said that only to leave Shun pass? The boys don't need promotion, especially them.... they already have the biggest promotion they could have...the God Cloths, with Gold Cloths is like demoting them. The God Saints is still in play.

3.Nope it's definitely a fan pestering thing....Masami stated that he has NO plans for the Ophiuchus Gold Saint. He decided to include him after the so many requests he got from the fans that he couldn't refuse. The Ophiuchus Gold Saint changed the flow of the story. If for some reason Ophiuchus revives in the 20th century then the whole trip was USELESS.

4. I would have agreed with you if that was really the case but here the story so far has changed quite a few times in ND...first it was TOEI's fault and then it was ...the fans fault.

5. What kind of big hit makes it up to 3 Volumes? :/

Otoko Zaka's failure was my enjoyment, thanks to that Saint Seiya was created...sorry if I sound mean.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2015, 02:04:43 PM »
1. Shion and Dohko were meant to become Gold Saints with the Cosmo they had but anyway that's not the issue here...you can't just become a Gold Saint because they have no one else to replace them...you must prove you have the power...and Shaina's feats like it or not were not so impressive.

2. How do we know Shaka said that only to leave Shun pass? The boys don't need promotion, especially them.... they already have the biggest promotion they could have...the God Cloths, with Gold Cloths is like demoting them. The God Saints is still in play.

3.Nope it's definitely a fan pestering thing....Masami stated that he has NO plans for the Ophiuchus Gold Saint. He decided to include him after the so many requests he got from the fans that he couldn't refuse. The Ophiuchus Gold Saint changed the flow of the story. If for some reason Ophiuchus revives in the 20th century then the whole trip was USELESS.

4. I would have agreed with you if that was really the case but here the story so far has changed quite a few times in ND...first it was TOEI's fault and then it was ...the fans fault.

Otoko Zaka's failure was my enjoyment, thanks to that Saint Seiya was created...sorry if I sound mean.

Now we're getting into destiny vs free will. As for proving they have the power, the Bronzes certainly did so.

Shaka's not going to make something up for that. He's never been afraid to use his power to get obstacles out of the way (Hell, even against Hades, he tried to harpoon him). As for the God Cloths...if they did it to Bronze Cloths, couldn't they do so to Gold Cloths?

Like I said, he could have been convinced later. It doesn't HAVE to be forced. Hell, if he was annoyed by people's suggestions, he could have put his foot down in series (or he could have made it a joke or something). As for the rest, they could always bring Ophiuchus back with them to the future. Hell, they could bring all the surviving Gold Saints besides Shion and Dohko to the future (sans Cloths) and have a ready army. Or perhaps revive the old Gold Saints. Or find new potential Saints. There's a lot of ways to repopulate Athena's forces...but they'll need to do so as fast as possible. Getting Zeus' thunderbolt up their asses will not be fun.

I really don't understand what you mean here. I get Toei changing things so Kuru went with his own version in ND, but what did the fans do now?

I mean he put his heart into Otoko Zaka. Still had it there if going back to it 30 years later was any sign.

Janet

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2015, 09:22:17 PM »
In order

:athena:
:pandora:
:june:
:marin:

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2015, 06:54:13 PM »

To elaborate on what Mewzard is trying to say, he planned on Otoko Zaka being his life's work.  He's stated that he became a mangaka to draw that manga.  And as for the length, Go Nagai has always considered Devilman to be his life's work, and that's only five volumes.

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2015, 02:07:09 AM »
shaina manga version easily, hands down, the hottest in the saint seiya universe.

screw that anime family friendly look. too much clothing.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:53 AM »

I really don't understand what you mean here. I get Toei changing things so Kuru went with his own version in ND, but what did the fans do now?

That's easy, fans wanted the previous Gold Saints that fought along Shion and Dohko (it's funny how they were the only Gold Saints for 200 years...and yet there is a gap for who the masters of the Gold Saints were..) and he granted their wish...they asked for the past reincarnation of Pegasus Seiya that wounded Hades and so he did and that happened without retcon...they complained about the L5 age...being too young and so he changed it by making them two years older...and last but not least in 2011 there was this big commotion about Ophiuchus should be added in the Zodiac and the fans wanted Masami to include the Ophiuchus as a Gold Saint....and so he did.

So tell me now...isn't the fans fault that ND turned like that? yes or no? it's not what he wanted...it's what the fans demanded so maybe in a way I can understand why he doesn't write chapters frequently...I would feel the same and I would be half-hearted as well.

To elaborate on what Mewzard is trying to say, he planned on Otoko Zaka being his life's work.  He's stated that he became a mangaka to draw that manga. 

Not sure if that is true since he said that his favorite was Ring ni Kakero and he put everything in that series, plus Otoko Zaka was cancelled because it didn't attract fans. Then again he was forced by Shueisha to finish Saint Seiya because the sales dropped (Japan always as it was bigger in the western world). If that's another attempt to make fans ok but let's hope it's good.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2015, 05:00:05 PM »
That's easy, fans wanted the previous Gold Saints that fought along Shion and Dohko (it's funny how they were the only Gold Saints for 200 years...and yet there is a gap for who the masters of the Gold Saints were..) and he granted their wish...they asked for the past reincarnation of Pegasus Seiya that wounded Hades and so he did and that happened without retcon...they complained about the L5 age...being too young and so he changed it by making them two years older...and last but not least in 2011 there was this big commotion about Ophiuchus should be added in the Zodiac and the fans wanted Masami to include the Ophiuchus as a Gold Saint....and so he did.

So tell me now...isn't the fans fault that ND turned like that? yes or no? it's not what he wanted...it's what the fans demanded so maybe in a way I can understand why he doesn't write chapters frequently...I would feel the same and I would be half-hearted as well.

Not to mention that StS fans were the ones leaving hateful messages all over his anniversary page.  I want him to get to the good stuff in ND, too, but if he wants to do other stuff then I can't blame him.  Maybe it means he'll return to StS with more gusto?  But yeah, if it's fan demands that're keeping this time travel arc of ND going, then that just pisses me off more.  I hope Kuru decides that the series is big enough he can do whatever the hell he wants with it, instead of being beholden to fan demands.

I think that paragraph makes sense.

Not sure if that is true since he said that his favorite was Ring ni Kakero and he put everything in that series, plus Otoko Zaka was cancelled because it didn't attract fans. Then again he was forced by Shueisha to finish Saint Seiya because the sales dropped (Japan always as it was bigger in the western world). If that's another attempt to make fans ok but let's hope it's good.

I was referencing what the ANN article said about Otoko Zaka, and I don't really have any reason to doubt 'em.

As for how good the original/new stuff is, I dunno.  I can't read Japanese and no one has decided to translate the manga.

Mikael Aurelius

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Homepage
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2016, 10:25:48 PM »
Hmm... This one is an easy one.

My top 5 would be
1)  :shaina:
2)  :shaina:
3)  :shaina:
4)  :shaina:
5)  :hilda:

Shaina all the way, though Hilde does have a special place in my heart (always loved the norse story of Siegfried and Brunhilde)

Yuni

• Saint in Training
  • -The Great Detective-
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2017, 06:35:25 AM »
 :sasha: She's kind, compassionate and despite not being trained for battle she does her best to not drag down everyone else unlike someone else... :athena: -coughs-

But honestly, I am rather disappointed by how this series treats females. I cannot speak for the spin-offs, (in LC except for Violate no other female was impressive) but the original series really had me want to bang my head against a wall at how underpowered the females are. Hell, even Shaina is not as strong as someone would expect. None of the females shown in the series would ever be able to fight on equal standing with a Gold Saint. But then again this was a series that first came out back in the 80's, back then the standards were probably different from what we are used to, nowadays. ^^

"This level of reasoning is possible for Furudo Erika"

AriesVirgoGeminiPete

• SIEG NEO ZEON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »
 :sasha: Sasha  :shaina: Shaina  :marin: Marin :yuzuriha: Yuzuriha