Author Topic: Who of the girls do u like in Saint Seiya?  (Read 10350 times)

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
Re: Who of the girls do u like in Saint Seiya?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »
1. Miho was just a friend from the orphanage...TOEI showed it differently. Of course she cared about Seiya, they grew up together after all but love? I just don't see it.

2. Yes Ophiuchus Cloth was destroyed for good...Shaina was only concerned since it was about her guardian sign..that's why she went to the ruins of the Ophiuchus Temple after all. He was called the Evil Gold Saint but in any case...it would be nice for Shaina just for her to become Gold Saint but..I don't see this happening as I have explained earlier.

1. Wait, what? I thought this was about Seiya, Seika and Marin?  :P When did we started talking about Seiya's love interest? Because it's Valentine? xD

Anyhow, between Miho and Saori...I choose neither. If it's Sasha then that's another story.

2. Fair eough.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »
Wait, what? I thought this was about Seiya, Seika and Marin?  :P When did we started talking about Seiya's love interest? Because it's Valentine? xD

Anyhow, between Miho and Saori...I choose neither. If it's Sasha then that's another story.

Well since you added Miho in, I thought that's where you were heading...since there was no reason to show Miho again..since her purpose was done or the other kids at the orphanage...which in the first movie and in the show had a little more part than in the manga :P

Me neither...he should be with Shaina...she is hot. xD  who knows maybe he will end up like me..since she is a couple of years older than me..speaking of which I must go out for a bit...forgot to pick up flowers that she likes.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2015, 12:35:50 PM »
1. Well since you added Miho in, I thought that's where you were heading...since there was no reason to show Miho again..since her purpose was done or the other kids at the orphanage...which in the first movie and in the show had a little more part than in the manga :P

2. Me neither...he should be with Shaina...she is hot. xD  who knows maybe he will end up like me..since she is a couple of years older than me..

3. speaking of which I must go out for a bit...forgot to pick up flowers that she likes.

1. I have to put her there...because there is simply not enough female character to even talk about without mentioning the now forgotten characters xD ...which Seika seems to be a part of, so now she's a candidate for joining Miho and June.

2. Shaina is a good option for Seiya :P The only problem is he's friend-zoning her...

3. ^^ Happy Valentine's Day.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2015, 01:40:41 PM »
One: There is no rule stating we can't have female Gold Saints. I've read the whole original manga and ND (well, what I could via scans and translations in these threads...), there was definitely no special rule for Gold Saints that I can recall. As long as Shaina popped on a mask, it shouldn't go against any rules.

Two: When was it stated to be destroyed? I don't recall that in ND (the only place we've seen the armor). Maybe it was stated, but the lack of later scanlations makes it really difficult for me to check. Shaina seemed to be drawn to the Ophiuchus Temple like a zombie, and went nuts and attacked Marin. Clearly something's off here. I don't think the ruins of a destroyed Cloth would warrant all that.

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2015, 02:04:25 PM »
One: There is no rule stating we can't have female Gold Saints. I've read the whole original manga and ND (well, what I could via scans and translations in these threads...), there was definitely no special rule for Gold Saints that I can recall. As long as Shaina popped on a mask, it shouldn't go against any rules.

Two: When was it stated to be destroyed? I don't recall that in ND (the only place we've seen the armor). Maybe it was stated, but the lack of later scanlations makes it really difficult for me to check. Shaina seemed to be drawn to the Ophiuchus Temple like a zombie, and went nuts and attacked Marin. Clearly something's off here. I don't think the ruins of a destroyed Cloth would warrant all that.

1. I don't think so either, the manga didn't specify the gender to be a gold saint. the only thing that the manga specified was that the pope must be selected from one among the 12 gold saints by the current pope (ie. shion choosing between aiolos and saga).

2. I vaguely remember in ND that the ophiuchus cloth was destroyed. if anyone knows the links to the ND raw, I can help look it up and see what happened.

but back to the point: I really dig the manga shaina and june. my rule of thumb is simple, the less clothing the better. hahaha
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »

One: It doesn't have to...Masami said it so...also he had plans for the Silver Saints  to be all female (think about it...the first Silver Saints to appear were Shaina and Marin) but it wouldn't work out as the boys would have to face all those girls...and that wouldn't look nice from our heroes's side...not to mention for the sake of the series.

Two: It was stated by Shijima and Cardinale that the Ophiuchus Gold Saint was the strongest Gold Saint since the Age of Myths. His power to heal any kind of wound and cure any illness angered the Gods (because his powers were as good as divine) and to punish him they destroyed him along with the Cloth and sealed him away. But as you said Shaina went nuts so it is possible that the Ophiuchus Gold Saint is controlling her...meaning he might found a way to resurrect or even...the Gods failed to kill him and all these years he was recovering...who knows we will see.

1. I have to put her there...because there is simply not enough female character to even talk about without mentioning the now forgotten characters xD ...which Seika seems to be a part of, so now she's a candidate for joining Miho and June.

2. Shaina is a good option for Seiya :P The only problem is he's friend-zoning her...

3. ^^ Happy Valentine's Day.

1. True...what about Shunrei and Thetis?...eh nevermind she is a fish.

2. Sigh...unrequited love. I also have experienced that. I could never see her more than a friend...oops I did it again.

3. You too    :blushy:

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2015, 02:51:54 PM »
What about Crateris cloth's healing ability?

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
What about Crateris cloth's healing ability?

Eh Crateris Cloth can't heal any wounds tho... it must have a limit...at least that's what I think. Also he so Ophiuchus' resurrection in the crateris... I wonder if it means it will happen in the 18th century or ...in the 20th century...one clue is Shaina...but I don't have much evidence for anything.

The interesting part is that there is a rumor that Athena wasn't going back in time to destroy Hades' Sword, but  since the Ophiuchus Gold Saint was a healer, she would bring him into the future to save Seiya from Hades' Curse.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »
The interesting part is that there is a rumor that Athena wasn't going back in time to destroy Hades' Sword, but  since the Ophiuchus Gold Saint was a healer, she would bring him into the future to save Seiya from Hades' Curse.

I'm pretty sure that's the best solution and going to be what Kuru decides to go for...you know, to avoid time paradox and all... also, they don't have that much time left so it would make sense.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2015, 03:59:06 PM »
One: It doesn't have to...Masami said it so...also he had plans for the Silver Saints  to be all female (think about it...the first Silver Saints to appear were Shaina and Marin) but it wouldn't work out as the boys would have to face all those girls...and that wouldn't look nice from our heroes's side...not to mention for the sake of the series.

Two: It was stated by Shijima and Cardinale that the Ophiuchus Gold Saint was the strongest Gold Saint since the Age of Myths. His power to heal any kind of wound and cure any illness angered the Gods (because his powers were as good as divine) and to punish him they destroyed him along with the Cloth and sealed him away. But as you said Shaina went nuts so it is possible that the Ophiuchus Gold Saint is controlling her...meaning he might found a way to resurrect or even...the Gods failed to kill him and all these years he was recovering...who knows we will see.

When did he say so? If it was from the time the original series ran, I wouldn't say that he necessarily has to stick with it. The man's free to change his ideas (look at the Satellites, they're all female as far as we can tell, so he must have changed his mind on that issue). Look at both Omega and Legend of Sanctuary. They had female Gold Saints. If it bothered him, he could probably have said something (or insist come Legend of Sanctuary for it not to happen).

I do remember the part about the gods being angered by his powers (which makes him like the Ophiuchus' mythological influence, Asclepius, the God of Medicine). I did not remember it being said his Cloth was destroyed. Then again, Cloths have been revived from severe damage before, and who else (besides Phoenix Ikki with his immortal Cloth) would be fitting to heal his own Cloth (even revive it from the dead) than one so gifted in healing? Perhaps it's even part of the Cloth (so if the wearer in the past isn't helpful, they can use it in the future).

There's a lot of possible ways this could go. With Hades' soldiers breathing down their necks and the Ophiuchus Gold Saint apparently returning (and possibly having some sway on Sanctuary), it's going to be tough to save Seiya and fight a double-sided war.

SageofTime

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »
When did he say so? If it was from the time the original series ran, I wouldn't say that he necessarily has to stick with it. The man's free to change his ideas (look at the Satellites, they're all female as far as we can tell, so he must have changed his mind on that issue). Look at both Omega and Legend of Sanctuary. They had female Gold Saints. If it bothered him, he could probably have said something (or insist come Legend of Sanctuary for it not to happen).

1. Weren't the satellites Artemis's saints? I haven't read ND but I have read what it is about and the characters. Also too Artemis I think the reason they are female is because I know from reading greek mythology that Artemis was not fond of men. I know in Overture that there were three angels but two of them only appeared in the movie I know Touma was in ND but from what I read it doesn't say if he is associated with Artemis. If he is then forget what I said up above I haven't read ND.

2. Nothing to say about Omega but don't mind the female gold saints in this series.

3. From what I heard is that the reason why Kurumada gave approval for Milo in LoS is because there was an inside joke between the staff of this movie and Kurumada. I think he would of said no if they said if they wanted to make him female in this movie for no reason. Plus Milo was never female to begin with.

P.S.

Has Anyone Heard of any recent interviews from Kurumada after the movie release with the box office and everything?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:42:08 AM by SageofTime »

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 11:17:19 PM »
1.When did he say so? If it was from the time the original series ran, I wouldn't say that he necessarily has to stick with it. The man's free to change his ideas (look at the Satellites, they're all female as far as we can tell, so he must have changed his mind on that issue). Look at both Omega and Legend of Sanctuary. They had female Gold Saints. If it bothered him, he could probably have said something (or insist come Legend of Sanctuary for it not to happen).

2.I do remember the part about the gods being angered by his powers (which makes him like the Ophiuchus' mythological influence, Asclepius, the God of Medicine). I did not remember it being said his Cloth was destroyed. Then again, Cloths have been revived from severe damage before, and who else (besides Phoenix Ikki with his immortal Cloth) would be fitting to heal his own Cloth (even revive it from the dead) than one so gifted in healing? Perhaps it's even part of the Cloth (so if the wearer in the past isn't helpful, they can use it in the future).

1. First of all...as you can see in the ND there is no female Gold Saint...or do you believe that any of the rest of the Gold Saints...Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius will be a female? Second the gang is not going to face more than just those few Satellites...again make the sum how many Silver Saints they have faced...and imagine them as women..it just won't work.  Third, you just compared two series that Masami had nothing to do with it and also TOEI can do whatever they want...the permission thing is just typicality. He can't afford to refuse any of their ideas even if he wanted to.

2. Yes, it is quite similar with Asclepius but the difference is that he was a God...the Ophiuchus along the way became arrogant and decided to become a God thus they punished him. If the Cloth itself can do that...that is possible which is why they also sealed it...tho even if it doesn't have that ability it is still a Cloth and can repair itself.
My question is...is he going to resurrect in the 18th century or when Suikyou saw him imminent revival was an image from the distant future and it may have just begun with Shaina's behavior?for some reason I believe it's the latter as it makes more sense to me. With or without the Ophiuchus Cloth, he should still have the abilities.

P.S I rather just have the Ophiuchus as reference and get a move on....Zeus and  Kronos & Rhea Chapter...are waiting.

SageofTime

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »
  Third, you just compared two series that Masami had nothing to do with it and also TOEI can do whatever they want...the permission thing is just typicality. He can't afford to refuse any of their ideas even if he wanted to.
So does Toei own Saint Seiya and that's why Kurumada lets them do what they want? The reason I am asking is I don't know.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 01:47:40 AM »
1. Weren't the satellites Artemis's saints? I haven't read ND but I have read what it is about and the characters. Also too Artemis I think the reason they are female is because I know from reading greek mythology that Artemis was not fond of men. I know in Overture that there were three angels but two of them only appeared in the movie I know Touma was in ND but from what I read it doesn't say if he is associated with Artemis. If he is then forget what I said up above I haven't read ND.

Well, they're not Saints...but yeah, her soldiers. As for Touma, he's kinda forced to obey Callisto (who is directly under Artemis, I suppose like the Pope) due to a mask that crushes his face if he disobeys her.

1. First of all...as you can see in the ND there is no female Gold Saint...or do you believe that any of the rest of the Gold Saints...Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius will be a female? Second the gang is not going to face more than just those few Satellites...again make the sum how many Silver Saints they have faced...and imagine them as women..it just won't work.  Third, you just compared two series that Masami had nothing to do with it and also TOEI can do whatever they want...the permission thing is just typicality. He can't afford to refuse any of their ideas even if he wanted to.

2. Yes, it is quite similar with Asclepius but the difference is that he was a God...the Ophiuchus along the way became arrogant and decided to become a God thus they punished him. If the Cloth itself can do that...that is possible which is why they also sealed it...tho even if it doesn't have that ability it is still a Cloth and can repair itself.
My question is...is he going to resurrect in the 18th century or when Suikyou saw him imminent revival was an image from the distant future and it may have just begun with Shaina's behavior?for some reason I believe it's the latter as it makes more sense to me. With or without the Ophiuchus Cloth, he should still have the abilities.

P.S I rather just have the Ophiuchus as reference and get a move on....Zeus and  Kronos & Rhea Chapter...are waiting.

They could be, they might not be. I don't expect the 1740s to be more tolerant than 1990, but it could happen. Either in the past, or in the future. Athena's kinda running low on Saints, she's gonna have to recruit soon. We've only got 13 living Saints, none of them Gold (three of them women). Room to promote several to Gold Saint status (hey, Marin made it up Star Hill, something Shion was shocked even Saga could do, let her have a turn in the Gold Cloth).

Men or women, it doesn't matter. If your enemies are risking the world or trying to kill your side, you gotta fight back. We know Ikki doesn't care in the least (he made that point clear to Pandora with her own trident), and Athena's not going to want to just be the "Female Fodder Killer" because their dated notions of chivalry prevent them from respecting/fighting a female foe that could kill them if they hold back (well, Shun will hold back regardless, he's a nice guy to everyone).

Kuru basically told them to stuff it with the Heaven Chapter, and they didn't just go on without him. He took Saint Seiya from Shueisha, I imagine he must own the rights to the series, or at least have powerful say. If he really felt offended, he could tell them to change something. He's shown he has a grasp on his franchise at times.

Well yes, I just wanted to emphasize the fitting origin. It would be amusing if Kuru went with it actually being Asclepius, kinda like Hades had Thanatos and Hypnos working with him. Probably not, but an interesting thought.

With all the snakes popping up in the past, I have to imagine he'll be doing something then. But perhaps their alterations to the past are what allowed his return, and maybe he'll appear in both times, if he's half as godly as he is claimed to be.

You can't rush the 13th Gold Saint. This is a special occasion. Once the past is resolved, and Ophiuchus is dealt with one way or another, we can then enjoy Olympus' rage over all the crap Athena's pulled in the last year.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 08:09:11 AM »

They could be, they might not be. I don't expect the 1740s to be more tolerant than 1990, but it could happen. Either in the past, or in the future. Athena's kinda running low on Saints, she's gonna have to recruit soon. We've only got 13 living Saints, none of them Gold (three of them women). Room to promote several to Gold Saint status (hey, Marin made it up Star Hill, something Shion was shocked even Saga could do, let her have a turn in the Gold Cloth).

Men or women, it doesn't matter. If your enemies are risking the world or trying to kill your side, you gotta fight back. We know Ikki doesn't care in the least (he made that point clear to Pandora with her own trident), and Athena's not going to want to just be the "Female Fodder Killer" because their dated notions of chivalry prevent them from respecting/fighting a female foe that could kill them if they hold back (well, Shun will hold back regardless, he's a nice guy to everyone).

Kuru basically told them to stuff it with the Heaven Chapter, and they didn't just go on without him. He took Saint Seiya from Shueisha, I imagine he must own the rights to the series, or at least have powerful say. If he really felt offended, he could tell them to change something. He's shown he has a grasp on his franchise at times.

Well yes, I just wanted to emphasize the fitting origin. It would be amusing if Kuru went with it actually being Asclepius, kinda like Hades had Thanatos and Hypnos working with him. Probably not, but an interesting thought.

With all the snakes popping up in the past, I have to imagine he'll be doing something then. But perhaps their alterations to the past are what allowed his return, and maybe he'll appear in both times, if he's half as godly as he is claimed to be.

You can't rush the 13th Gold Saint. This is a special occasion. Once the past is resolved, and Ophiuchus is dealt with one way or another, we can then enjoy Olympus' rage over all the crap Athena's pulled in the last year.

But Mewzard-kun Saints are not soldiers...you can't just promote someone to Gold because you are running low on Saints...if the Cloth isn't meant for them then they can't have it. Besides the boys were never promoted to Gold Saints either...but the Cloths chose to help them, they didn't inherit them ( I am not saying that you said that). Also did you forget that Shion and Dohko were the only Gold Saints survivors of the last Holy War? Plus Masami said in an interview as Shion that the Gold Saints of the 20th century are the first ones since the 18th century. Mu was Shion's only apprentice and so the other Gold Saints (and of course Silver and Bronze)...they were born for the coming of the next Holy War. The Holy War has ended there is no reason to promote someone to Gold Saint when the next one might take 100 years from now or so. Yes I know there is already a movement of Olympus trying to kill the "sinners" and all...but apparently the stars didn't predict that....or is it exactly why Ophiuchus is reviving? Is he going to raise all the dead Saints? who knows? it is the perfect timing for someone who holds a grudge against Olympus after all....although there is one question, was Athena's journey to the past with the other boys...fruitless? or is he really resurrecting in the 18th century and then travel to the 20th century to cure Seiya? I am sure is one of these two and Masami might not have decided yet how to continue otherwise it would be more straightforward.

Ophiuchus Gold Saint was not in Masami's plans.  He got a bunch of requests from fans in 2011 (the year that everyone was talking about Ophiuchus being a Zodiac Sign), that they hope that they would see Ophiuchus as a Gold Saint. Also he got another bunch of letters saying they wanted Shaina to become the Gold Saint of Ophiuchus.
So it is in my belief that if Masami does make Shaina a Gold Saint it is not because he wants to but because of the "pestering" of the fans.

Mewzard-kun last year and a month you told me not to complain about the slow publishing of the chapters and the slow pacing and that I should be patient and if nothing happens for a year then I can complain. So what's your answer on that? Patience is running low that I came to a point that I rather have him finish it already than keep feeding us with more details. I don't want him to kick the bucket before he finishes it....that would be sad. You have to understand my feelings.