Author Topic: Who of the girls do u like in Saint Seiya?  (Read 10349 times)

Hydrus

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: Who of the girls do u like in Saint Seiya?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2012, 03:47:48 PM »
I like Marin best.  Even though she has impractical armor like the rest of the female Saints, she's not just a counterpart to a male character like a lot of the other girls are.  For example, I think Shaina is a great character, except for her silly crush on Seiya, and we only see June fight because she loves Shun.  Marin, on the other hand, is motivated by her own goals, not by some guy.  In my opinion, she's the closest to being a strong character in her own right, and it's a shame the rest of the female cast isn't more like that.

Bragi

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
    • My nook at deviantart :D
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:47 AM »
A more extensive reply, this time.
- My favorite is Hilda. One reason is that I'm really taken with her appearance :) But she's clearly also a capable leader (knowing how to pull the strings) while being at the same time a compassionate and understanding person. I am impressed. In the French dub, she had a nice, low, voice, so that also can explain why I'm attached to her :)
- I like Shaina as a strong female character, but I was dissapointed how by the end of the series she more and more became Seiya's shield (literally : see the end of the Poseidon chapter), losing those good qualities of independent strengh, self-sufficiency, and pride. Ah :(
- I like June, but I must admit the reason is purely she has a very pretty face in the animé (in my opinion)
- I rather liked Pandora as a strong (very strong) in fact, female character. I was impressed with the scenes in which she coldly ordered the three Judges (the three highest Spectres, I forget their names for the moment) around to do her bidding, keeping them on a leash. Remember the scene where she uses her harp to half-torture Rhadamantys in complying ?
- My least liked are Freya, and Miho, because they seem to have little to contribute apart from having a sweet, caring personality. Not that I think that is a bad trait !

Mitra

• Saint in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
saint seiya doesnt have much of interesting female characters..which is expected since its an old school shonen..
i like sasha between the girls.. saori really annoys me most of the times.. and i like shaina too.. shes the crazy strong girl personality which i like ^^ :shaina:

The Big G

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 09:51:54 PM »
 :shaina: is my fave

SaintGermain

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 09:27:12 AM »
Well, for appearance & looks I would say Athena Saori ( despite her oh-so-helpless), June and Shaina :))

rocksaintfan

• Bronze Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »
shiana deffinately. hilda is 2nd i freaking love her hair

Reikyavic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »
Ladies~<3 I just... love them all! Ya know what I'm saying.

One can go on and on how SS girls lack this and that from their characters and personality and all that "she sucks because she doesn't kick enough butt", yadda yadda. Are the guys really That much better? And here I'm not saying I hate guys because I don't, I'm people person after all. Only major difference I see here is screentime. Dudes got it lots, and there is more dudes than dudettes, who on the other hand got less screen time, and so obvious character develpement.

But yeah, all in all, I'm gay for SS ladies here.
...For series about magical armors this one lacks metal bikinis <3
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
Ladies~<3 I just... love them all! Ya know what I'm saying.

One can go on and on how SS girls lack this and that from their characters and personality and all that "she sucks because she doesn't kick enough butt", yadda yadda. Are the guys really That much better? And here I'm not saying I hate guys because I don't, I'm people person after all. Only major difference I see here is screentime. Dudes got it lots, and there is more dudes than dudettes, who on the other hand got less screen time, and so obvious character develpement.

But yeah, all in all, I'm gay for SS ladies here.
...For series about magical armors this one lacks metal bikinis <3

Lacks Metal Bikinis? No it doesn't.

And to a lesser extent:

Kuru did the Metal bikinis. Toei was the one that made them bottomless. Not the best idea in combat to have even less armor (and their armors weren't the most plentiful to begin with).

I like the female characters for the most part. Athena's always awesome, and Marin earned her place with all the badassery she did. Took out a mindreading Silver Saint (and would have taken out two had he not helped the other Silver at the start of the fight), climbed Star Hill, tracked down Seika, all while being mysterious. Also got her fight with Shaina, and that was something.

Shaina's certainly less mysterious normally, but this 13th Gold Saint business could be interesting...

I thought Chameleon June could be cool, but she joined Miho in the land of the forgotten.

Pandora certainly got a nice bit of character building towards the end, and gave us an idea of what some of the less savory gods were like.

Really interested to learn more about Artemis and her Satellites. Good to know Kuru made her more likeable than Toei did in Tenkai-Hen.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
Shaina is best girl. She make strong baby.

Reikyavic

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:15 AM »
Lacks Metal Bikinis? No it doesn't.
I know those cloth designs were little different in manga <3
Thanks anyway, for the beautiful picture post. Really brightened up my morning~

Artemis' assassin girl whatever-her-name-was got it right, in "less spandex and more skin" kind of way. *3*

(Of course I sincerely appreciate it that Shaina, Marin and June were designed to be at least almost as covered as their male colleagues. I'm just being half-silly about that bikini comment. I just don't care how covered or stripperrific my animu girls are, since I can appreciate both ends of the spectrum.)
On and on the road does go
down into the depths below...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2015, 08:04:15 AM »
I have to go with Shaina, I don't know why but there are times that she makes me think that she is the 6th member of the group...she is more active than Marin. :P

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »
@ Seiya, Oh? On Valentine's Day? Nice! ;D

I like both Marin and Shaina...leaning a little bit toward Marin at the moment. I'm looking forward to both of their development in ND, Marin with her brother and Shaina with the Ophiuchus gold saint. Also, if Shaina becomes a gold saint she would be the first canon female gold saint and I am excited for that :P

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2015, 10:08:21 AM »
@ Seiya, Oh? On Valentine's Day? Nice! ;D

I like both Marin and Shaina...leaning a little bit toward Marin at the moment. I'm looking forward to both of their development in ND, Marin with her brother and Shaina with the Ophiuchus gold saint. Also, if Shaina becomes a gold saint she would be the first canon female gold saint and I am excited for that :P

Yada yada me and my bad timings lol. Well I do like Marin too but Shaina has that something Marin doesn't. Considering that Masami was still thinking whether he would make Marin Seiya's sister I think he regrets for not doing so as in ND he totally ditched Seika...lol
Shaina can't become Gold Saint, only boys can become Gold Saints, also...the Gold Cloth of Ophiuchus is destroyed for good. She might find the truth about her Constellation but the Gold Cloth will never be restored.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2015, 10:58:26 AM »
1. Yada yada me and my bad timings lol. Well I do like Marin too but Shaina has that something Marin doesn't. Considering that Masami was still thinking whether he would make Marin Seiya's sister I think he regrets for not doing so as in ND he totally ditched Seika...lol

2. Shaina can't become Gold Saint, only boys can become Gold Saints, also...the Gold Cloth of Ophiuchus is destroyed for good. She might find the truth about her Constellation but the Gold Cloth will never be restored.

1. I'm not surprised he did ditched Miho. I don't think he's going show Seika unless she suddenly learned how to fight...he's probably just going to mention her at best...then again, June was also ditched.

2. Was that a sexist comment? :O (jk, I know why you said that). Was the Opiuchus gold cloth really destroyed? it seems like Kuru is going to show the cloth and the saint in the future. Also, since he did set up the plot point of Shaina acting weird I think it would be a little anticlimactic to not have her at least don the cloth, or have her silver cloth turns gold (like the bronzes in Poseidon arc). Also, you'd have to at least admit that having Shaina as a gold saint (or don one) is way better than, let's say, another female Scorpio saint...  -.-

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
1. I'm not surprised he did ditched Miho. I don't think he's going show Seika unless she suddenly learned how to fight...he's probably just going to mention her at best...then again, June was also ditched.

2. Was that a sexist comment? :O (jk, I know why you said that). Was the Opiuchus gold cloth really destroyed? it seems like Kuru is going to show the cloth and the saint in the future. Also, since he did set up the plot point of Shaina acting weird I think it would be a little anticlimactic to not have her at least don the cloth, or have her silver cloth turns gold (like the bronzes in Poseidon arc). Also, you'd have to at least admit that having Shaina as a gold saint (or don one) is way better than, let's say, another female Scorpio saint...  -.-

1. Miho was just a friend from the orphanage...TOEI showed it differently. Of course she cared about Seiya, they grew up together after all but love? I just don't see it.

2. Yes Ophiuchus Cloth was destroyed for good...Shaina was only concerned since it was about her guardian sign..that's why she went to the ruins of the Ophiuchus Temple after all. He was called the Evil Gold Saint but in any case...it would be nice for Shaina just for her to become Gold Saint but..I don't see this happening as I have explained earlier.