Author Topic: Your Zodiac Nicknames  (Read 15597 times)

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
Re: Your Zodiac Nicknames
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 07:57:42 PM »
Same here. Aph or Aphro, maybe. (Although, personality-wise, I'm most like Mu. Bookworm, quiet, somewhat philosophical, a loner, mostly pacifistic but pretty much blows a gasket if provoked enough.)

That also sounds like me.

Raven - レイベン/孔無

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 09:18:52 PM »
I'm a Taurus, so :aldebaran2: I guess. ;~; Any of you sea-goats want to trade? I also share a birthday with Geki, who is possibly the most useless character in all of Saint Seiya.
I prefer just being Taurus Raven. :taurus-raven:
As for personality...hmm. I'm a loli, so I have some stuff in common with :athena: and all the other lolis. But that has nothing to do with personality. Hmm, what's my personality? Perverted (can't think of anyone for that), silly (can't think of anyone for that), AGH, I GIVE UP. I'm no good with my own personality. Who do you guys associate me with?

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »
I personally think of you as somewhat akin to Seiya.  Don't really know why.

Raven - レイベン/孔無

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
:seiya:? Me, akin to :seiya:?!
*thinks*
Hmm. I can sort of see what you mean. I am like Seiya in a couple of ways. But does this mean I'm going to get stabbed into a bloody mess of pulp by all the Seiya haters here? *hides*

Aries

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »
As a Cancer, I'd be called Deathmask.

More or less accurate, as Cancers by nature are completely NUTS. :3

blackrose22

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • a lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »
anyone can be nuts. just need the right things to push you in the direction.
does not know where, what or who they are. drawn to the dark and fearing the light. what can they do is in the dark. how sad it is to be a lost soul with no where to go.

L. Silver

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
I guess this would mean that I'd be Aphrodite, being a pisces and all.  :aphrodite:

Though I don't know. I don't think the nickname would suit me every much. Nor would the character, saddly.

What_The!

• Has discovered the Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 06:14:22 AM »
iam also a cancer. but is deathmask really his name, call me a noob but i havent seen the golden saint episodes so got no idea what the cancer's called.

everyone is calling deathmask, but surely that can t be his real name. OR can it?

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 06:51:47 AM »
He is called Cancer Deathmask in both the manga and anime. Of course that can't be his real name, but it was never revealed what his real name is.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 07:11:37 AM »
Unfortunately so. Fanon mostly uses "Angelo" as his given name, though. But that's fanon, not canon ^_^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:26:57 AM by Shaina »

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Raven - レイベン/孔無

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 10:17:28 AM »
In the English version (or at least in the manga translation I read), his name was changed to Mephisto. But at one point in said translation he said something along the lines of "That's why I am called Mephisto. Heh heh heh..." which implies that isn't his real name either. As far as I know (which isn't very far), none of the Gold Saints' real names have been revealed.

Shaina [シャイナ]

• Ophiuchus Gold Saint
  • Administrator
  • Awakened to the 8th Sense
  • A Heart for Ice Saints and Idiot Crabs
    • View Profile
    • Stayka's Saint Seiya Archive
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »
Actually this line "That's why I am called Mephisto" didn't even make sense as he was talking about the death masks in his temple then... Talk about stupid translators...

Shainas Harem: Camus, DeathMask, Manigoldo + Dégel. Adopted: Shaina, Alberich, Hyoga, Jabu, Yato + Cassios.

Plantress

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Saint
  • A warrior of Gaia, Goddess of the Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 12:18:06 PM »
Mephisto was probably the name that Deathmask would have been given if DiC's Kotz had actually continued.  I wish I knew why Viz decided to use the dub names in the Knights of the Zodiac manga when they haven't for any other series.

MY Harem Saints: Shun and Shura
Saints/Specters I share: Aiolos, Aldebaran, Rune, Nachi, Black Andromeda, Black Dragon, and Kagaho
[I

Steamrollers solve all - 無駄-駄!

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 01:51:59 PM »
Same reason why Viz used 4Kids version of the names, for the most part, for One Piece.  Manga, at least in America, has a smaller audience than anime.  Therefor, to attract people, they use the names akin to those in the anime to attract those who are familiar with the series.

What has me REALLY pissed was that for the first 50 chapters of One Piece, Viz called him "Zoro".  However, after 4Kids started airing One Piece and called him Zolo to avoid connections to the Disney character with a similar name just one extra "r", they changed it to Zolo.  To make matters worse, FUNimation has decided to ALSO call him Zolo as well.

So help me god... IF THEY CALL HIM "FLANKY" I'M GONNA KILL SOMEBODY!
Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
Shared: Minos, because HildaXMinos rocks
Adopted: Fenrir and Bud.
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.

Anoir

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 08:24:13 AM »
Well I'm an Aquarius so I guess that would make me Camus but I'm probably more like deathmask.