Author Topic: Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" Series  (Read 1376 times)

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
  • I own the Caek Cloth and am in the Pastry Squad :0
    • View Profile
Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" Series
« on: February 18, 2011, 10:46:15 AM »
So, I'm a bit late to the party for this amazing author, but I just recently started reading this series and DAMN it's amazing!

I'm about to finish up the fourth book, The Temple of the Winds. I also own the entire TV show, Legend of the Seeker~

I'm dieing to know if any of you guys are a fan of the TV series and/or the book series and would like to share the love! I'm dieing to meet some Goodkind fans!

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime
Shared: Balrog Rune, Perseus Argol, Harpy Valentine, Hypnos, Thanatos

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" Series
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »
I'm a fan of the show.

My favorite character is Zedd - his actor just seems totally awesome in that role. His voice and his expressions, I just really like them - he's also got some charisma about him and it's impossible for me NOT to like him. I also boggled at his height. He's over 2 meters tall (he's actually 3 cm shorter than my neighbor), and it's kinda cool how he's over a head taller than everybody else in the series. Makes him more intimidating. He also acts out emotions pretty well... when he smiles, he seems like a mischievous old wizard... yet when he's pissed, even I'm scared of him (Belgarath in The Belgariad has a similar personality - you don't want to see him mad, or what he did to poor old Zedar. That was horrible.).

I'm sort of indifferent about Richard and Kahlan. ...Richard annoys me at times for being too naive and gullible. He seems to cause most of their problems by doing something incredibly stupid or reckless. At least his "mistakes" end up fixed in the end... or prove to have been the right thing to do.

...I also giggled like mad when I saw Ted Raimi as that weird mapmaker. XD I could only think of Joxer.

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:07:18 AM »
Ted and his brother Sam produce the show together, I do believe. Pretty much any show based on some sort of medieval fantasy that is shot in New Zealand, Ted Raimi is on XD

I love Richard and Kahlan because they're flawed. They can be stupid and stubborn at times, just like any other person. It's nice to see someone start as an innocent nobody and rise to power and NOT do it perfectly.

Cara, Nathan, and Verna are among my favorite characters of the series. I also really love Darken Rahl and Demmin Nass, they were evil to the BONE! :D

My Saint Seiya Harem: Scorpio Milo, Scorpio Kardia, Pisces Albafica, Sphinx Pharaoh, Chameleon June, Thor, Hagen, Mime

Raiden [雷電]

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • I am the Goddess of Death. Your life is forfeit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
I don't remember Nass at all... however, I've got a love-hate feeling toward Darken Rahl. He's handsome and evil, but I just wish he lost his temper more often. XD It's fun to see him scream like mad (I think he did in that castle episode after Zedd pulled his puppeteer trick?).

DaHaloChick

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 04:40:14 AM »
Nass is Darken's right-hand man. He was bald and a little bossy in he show. He was much better in the book, a huge beast of a guy known for killing and raping whenever he went. I believe Kahlan killed him in the book by cutting off his...well...take a guess XD