Author Topic: Saint Seiya CGI Movie, Legend of Sanctuary!  (Read 272872 times)

SageofTime

Re: Saint Seiya CGI Movie, Legend of Sanctuary!
« Reply #1710 on: February 06, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »
I know this is off topic but I just finished watching Harlock: Space Pirate on neflix and most of the movie was really slow there wasn't any real action until near the end. I did like the realistic CGI animation and Captain Harlock reminded me of the manga and anime character Black Jack because of the scar across his face. Is Saint Seiya: Legend of the Sanctuary going to come to neflix any time soon?

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 06, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
na, dont waste your money on it. here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6A6r5LU3I
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 06, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
I know this is off topic but I just finished watching Harlock: Space Pirate on neflix and most of the movie was really slow there wasn't any real action until near the end. I did like the realistic CGI animation and Captain Harlock reminded me of the manga and anime character Black Jack because of the scar across his face. Is Saint Seiya: Legend of the Sanctuary going to come to neflix any time soon?

It's supposed to come to netflix sometime this year, don't know which countries though.

na, dont waste your money on it. here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6A6r5LU3I

One pays for a netflix subscription, not per movie/episode ;)

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

SageofTime

« Reply #1713 on: February 06, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »
It's supposed to come to netflix sometime this year, don't know which countries though.
Hope of those is the US :)

雷 .r.G. 神

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • 黄金の野牛。絶対美味しい牛肉を捜す
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 06, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »
One pays for a netflix subscription, not per movie/episode ;)

oh i know, i have one too. i dont pay for streaming services, i paid for DVD rentals.

i posted a link if anyone wanna see it, with or without netflix.
この世に必要のない物が死ねだけだろう!!!

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 06, 2015, 02:07:48 PM »

I have to be honest, Captain Harlock was the only CGI movie that I actually enjoyed. Also I have never watched the original Captain Harlock...and it still helped me understand...unlike LoS...

Cadraire

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 06, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »
I started watching the original Harlock, maybe it heats up later but its not catching my attention too much. Switched to Black Jack 21 which is more interesting and fun. ^^

Finally seen Los: some cool visuals and few funny moments, but overall rather unsatisfactory. I'd rate it 2 out of 5.

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 08, 2015, 11:04:43 PM »
I've heard wonderful things about the original Harlock, but I've also heard it's a bit slow.  It's not one you go into for rip-snorting action.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 09, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
I've heard wonderful things about the original Harlock, but I've also heard it's a bit slow.  It's not one you go into for rip-snorting action.

I think they are right...I tried to watch it after the movie and..it didn't lead anywhere so I sort of dumped it for a while now, either way I have more important series to watch right now. It can wait for another 2 years...at least.

ryuusei86

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
Re: New anime based on CGI film rumor
« Reply #1719 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »
Hi everyone, long time no post. :) Anyway, I'm coming to this thread because I just found out about this CG movie by accident a few days ago (obviously I don't stay up to date on my Saint Seiya news enough), and while I think I'm the only one on the planet, I really liked it in spite of its many issues. But when you consider that I always kind of tried to imagine the characters as looking more realistic, maybe it's not so surprising that I liked this movie more than I disliked it. In any case, I do hope we can all still live peaceably as friends. :)

What I've come to ask about is the Japanese subtitles. The raws seem to come with the original Japanese subtitles, closed-captioned for the hearing impaired. They include every grunt, every gasp, every sound effect. There are furigana above every kanji, even the common ones. I was hoping to extract them from the .mkv file and (with help from a native Japanese friend) come up with my own English subtitles. This will not be easy, as they seem to be hard-encoded in as something like picture files, which would require Japanese OCR technology to handle the kanji. And while I've done a fair bit of Googling, so far I haven't found a way to extract the Japanese subtitles from the .mkv file. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction? I have also found a set of English subtitles, but I'd love to compare them to the original Japanese script and edit them accordingly.

I'm running a six-month old desktop computer with Windows 8.1, for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT to clarify: I've managed to get as far as extracting something (not sure what) to .sup, .sub, and .idx files, but can't seem to get anything useful out of them. I'd settle for a series of printable .gif or .jpg files if the OCR thing can't work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:11:58 AM by ryuusei86 »
Please feel free to call me Jack or R86.  :)

vladko92

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
Re: New anime based on CGI film rumor
« Reply #1720 on: June 01, 2015, 07:29:27 AM »
Hi everyone, long time no post. :) Anyway, I'm coming to this thread because I just found out about this CG movie by accident a few days ago (obviously I don't stay up to date on my Saint Seiya news enough), and while I think I'm the only one on the planet, I really liked it in spite of its many issues. But when you consider that I always kind of tried to imagine the characters as looking more realistic, maybe it's not so surprising that I liked this movie more than I disliked it. In any case, I do hope we can all still live peaceably as friends. :)

What I've come to ask about is the Japanese subtitles. The raws seem to come with the original Japanese subtitles, closed-captioned for the hearing impaired. They include every grunt, every gasp, every sound effect. There are furigana above every kanji, even the common ones. I was hoping to extract them from the .mkv file and (with help from a native Japanese friend) come up with my own English subtitles. This will not be easy, as they seem to be hard-encoded in as something like picture files, which would require Japanese OCR technology to handle the kanji. And while I've done a fair bit of Googling, so far I haven't found a way to extract the Japanese subtitles from the .mkv file. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction? I have also found a set of English subtitles, but I'd love to compare them to the original Japanese script and edit them accordingly.

I'm running a six-month old desktop computer with Windows 8.1, for what it's worth.

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT to clarify: I've managed to get as far as extracting something (not sure what) to .sup, .sub, and .idx files, but can't seem to get anything useful out of them. I'd settle for a series of printable .gif or .jpg files if the OCR thing can't work.

Look in google for a program which will give you the possibility to extract the subtitle files from the .mkv format... there was such program, but I don't remember the name of it, and as far as I understood it was Japanese program, which had full English Translation and English Release... but I don't remember how the name of the program was... but yea extracting subtitles from MKV video files, is easy if you have that program...

Plus you should check the new anime, Soul of Gold...

Dynamixx

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Ball Kai CZ
« Reply #1721 on: July 19, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
Wow, we tried to watch the movie with my brother who is 12 years old and has seen Classic series and Hades Chapters, currently loves SoG.
After first 4 minutes, he said that he doesn't want to watch this and I agreed with him.
It was so weird and bad, I skipped a little to the Athena and other Saints meeting and it is just unbearable...
And this is the movie that got postponed like 3 years? Give me a break.

Btw. my little brother quit watching even Saint Seiya Omega halfway trough :D I've finished it tough. Funny.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #1722 on: July 19, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »
You guys have good taste! You just restored my faith in humanity! XD

Gemini Saint Saga

• Silver Saint
  • Gold Saint
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #1723 on: August 07, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »
My Blu-ray just arrived this week so I didn't get to watch it till this evening. My 16 year old son, who also really liked Omega, loved it despite all the changes. His least favorite part was how they did Deathmask. I had a lot more issues with it but it still turned out better than I expected. It certainly wasn't made for someone like myself who watched the original series back in the 1980's.