Author Topic: Next Dimension anime rumor  (Read 9451 times)

Okuni Sensei

• NankH Staff
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Scanlatic Specter of the Cleaning Star!
    • View Profile
    • OkuniSensei's DA
Re: Next Dimension anime rumor
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »
I don't think they will take the colours from the manga. They have to remain coherent with the previous series.
We're recruiting a TRANSLATOR.
We're in need of a proof-reader too.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Iron Will, Lion's Heart, Brat's Maturity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »
I don't think they will take the colours from the manga. They have to remain coherent with the previous series.

FUCK THE PREVIOUS ANIME. *head explodes*

What Kurumada's doing with his story is what matters, not the mistakes Toei made because they mess up colors in almost every anime (like Bulma's hair being Purple, like Trunks, not light blue).

This is something that will really just annoy me if they do. Like, when someone spells Frieza instead of Freeza, that little fan nail scratching the chalkboard of my mind.

They don't have an excuse this time, the manga's in full color, they can't just say whoops, like they did with Vegeta during his first appearance, and fix it later. They know the colors now.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »
Well, it's still Toei, you know how they are when handling anime series.

I wish TMS could do a remake of Saint Seiya ;_;

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 12:07:54 PM »
I know how they are...they ruined Saint Seiya, and their remake of DBZ is so lazy, that if it weren't for the dub of it being a thousand fold better than the original, I couldn't make myself.

Someone with a lot of money needs to finance a Toei free, Kurumada detail level, manga colored Saint Seiya with no filler.

I would go back to paying more than $10 an episode like the old days if I had to in order to get that.

SaintGermain

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »
err,.. I agree the filler is annoying .. but for the hair colour.. if following the manga aren't they too many blondes so we quite hard who's who when they appear in the same scene ?  :^_^U:

for story,.. yes they better stick to the manga.. because for example: I didn't know Saga killed Shion because not chosen as Pope ( this doesn't exist in the anime, isn't it ? and the Ares thing,.. just created more confusion.. honestly, at first I thought Saga did all this just for dominating the world like usual criminals.. - _-

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 01:37:37 PM »
Even if the hair colors were similar, differing hair styles and facial structures, plus cloths, should help.

As fir the whole Saga thing? Yeah, he killed Shion because he wasn't chosen as Pope, and, even if he mostly brushed it off, Shion did feel something of the evil from Saga, who killed him for it. The whole Ares thing didn't make sense. The anime said "The good older brother Pope died, being replaced by a cruel younger brother", when only a few even knew the Pope from a more than a decade prior was even replaced. While there were occasional rumors that something odd was with the Pope, he did kill all who found out. But, when the good side was in control (much of the time, it seemed), he was a Saintly man, who earned admiration from all. In one scene of the manga, he went down into the nearby village and comforted a dying old man, to which his family praised him.

A lot was changed with Saga. Hell, in the manga, Saga killed himself before Athena in retribution for his crimes, after the Aegis Shield purged his evil from him, while the anime ruined that moment, if I recall correct. Plus, they gave him the single most demonic looking helmet/face mask possible, when, in the manga, he just wore a helmet, and the shadow covered his eyes, and part of his face.

Lots of things that didn't need to be changed were changed.

Shiryu

• Global Moderator
  • Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
    • I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »
Sorry but I disagree totally, Toei turned a mediocre/poor manga (in the "anime encyclopedia" it's described as a manga drawn by a 5 year old...) into one of the best anime series ever, increasing characterization and making the Saints more three-dimensional and human in their attitudes and perspectives. Had it been a faithful anime, probably we wouldn't be here talking about it now as anyone would have forgotten it a week after release.
Besides the filler were necessary because the anime was catching up fast with the manga, and several manga ideas, including the Genromao Ken, are actually anime ideas that Kurumada eventually borrowed as they appeared much earlier in animation than in paper. Even if you look closely at ND now, he is borrowing shots perspectives (Ikki's arrival at the Aries temple) and characterization elements (Ikki's reaction to Suikyo's torment) from the Sanctuary and Asgard series.

err, I wondered why they choose to animate the ND than Ep G ? Is it because ND has the 5 bronzes too so still connected to SS ?

Hard to say, a lot of it is down to Kurumada I think. He is not involved in Ep G at all, and his influence is very much needed to make an anime and convince sponsors. Also Okada is an anime character designer so he may want to animate it himself once the series is concluded (if such thing ever happens).

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
http://icavalieridellozodiaco.myfreeforum.org/

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »
Sorry but I disagree totally, Toei turned a mediocre/poor manga (in the "anime encyclopedia" it's described as a manga drawn by a 5 year old...) into one of the best anime series ever, increasing characterization and making the Saints more three-dimensional and human in their attitudes and perspectives. Had it been a faithful anime, probably we wouldn't be here talking about it now as anyone would have forgotten it a week after release.
Besides the filler were necessary because the anime was catching up fast with the manga, and several manga ideas, including the Genromao Ken, are actually anime ideas that Kurumada eventually borrowed as they appeared much earlier in animation than in paper. Even if you look closely at ND now, he is borrowing shots perspectives (Ikki's arrival at the Aries temple) and characterization elements (Ikki's reaction to Suikyo's torment) from the Sanctuary and Asgard series.

Hard to say, a lot of it is down to Kurumada I think. He is not involved in Ep G at all, and his influence is very much needed to make an anime and convince sponsors. Also Okada is an anime character designer so he may want to animate it himself once the series is concluded (if such thing ever happens).

Toei turned one of the greatest shonen manga of the 80s (a time that was full of great manga, like Hokuto no Ken, Dragon Ball, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, etc), into a generic, artistically poor, pointless filler filled, plot hole ridden piece of crap. Ever since I read the manga, I haven't even been able to sit through the anime. For every good thing it did (good music, enjoyable seiyuu), it ruined countless threads from the original (censoring violence, removing Ikki and Shun being half brothers with the other bronzes and the 90 who died, having a Pope revealed as "an evil replacement to a good brother", when a lot of his plan relied on him being disguised as the goodly Pope, and manipulating things to his favor.

And who cares what some "anime encyclopedia" says? They obviously aren't open in artistic taste, and only wish to have generic looking anime. Kurumada's art, besides having fantastic detail in the attacks depictions (like Shiryu's Dragon) and the cloths (which actually look like the ornate designs are carved in, and not cheaply painted on, and the cloths have texture, and aren't just flat), is that his style is unique. He doesn't cookie cutter the usual style, but has one that is uniquely his own. No five year old could draw what he can. Admittedly, his faces could use a touch more detail (but, not completely changing them, as that's part of his style's charm), and he could do with some proportions work, but otherwise, he's easily my favorite mangaka for art.

And the anime wouldn't have had so many filler needs if they didn't start the anime only a few months after the series began. They waited around 2 years for Dragon Ball, iirc. And Toriyama did the same thing with Dragon Ball, the Bardock Special inspired him to add a one panel appearance, and the Trunks Special inspired him to make his own take on the future. If nothing else, at least Kurumada did put those anime inspirations to good use. I can at least forgive that. And the first thing that caught my eye on the series, was the manga. Even though I first saw the anime in greater detail, that one chapter I read of SS did spark my interest in the series.

And the anime hardly added depth. The problem with anime added additions is that they hold little to no weight in the series for the long run, unless Kurumada adapts them. But, at this point, ND has plenty of good things going for it, so I want to see those on screen, treated well.

Favorite55

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 05:59:02 PM »
I know Toei fucked up the inferno and elysion chapter of the anime, but I think that the Sanctuary Chapter of the hades anime is a masterpiece

Imma give toei another chance, expcially since ND has a sanctuary chapter too, so it could be interesting.

AriesMu188

• Gold Saint
  • Teleportation Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Mu's Corner
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 03:26:02 AM »
OK, let's take a step back, people...

Saint Seiya like many animes of the time had fillers because of catching up with manga if you think Seiya and DB was bad, watch Captain Tsubasa. A 90 min soccer game turned into 8 epsiodes!! 8!!

Anyway,

good Toei - made bad early Cloth designs into good ones
bad Toei - bad drawing quality. Watch some of the episodes of Milo vs Hyoga. OMG!!

good Toei - music, songs
bad Toei - weakass original characters development

good Toei - made the story dynamic
bad Toei - cut out the most important points of the story in the manga

For Hades Sanc

Great Toei - great anime, CG work

For Infer/Elys

Bad Toei - Lazy, didn't really draw, animate, just stand still image work
Worst Toei - bad script writing, made the story too boring

Overture

Horrible Toei - Fuck up a chance to make some great movies. (Look at Gundam Unicorn, Saint Seiya could have been that awesome!!!)

Anyway, this statement "manga drawn by a 5 year old" is not right. There are worst drawers out there, trust me... ;)

I agree Masami may have borrowed Asgard general plot for ND or LC but at the same time, he could had this ideas and just didn't reveal them...

Peace!! :)

Haldir

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Misplaced Athena's Urn Again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 04:46:21 AM »
Anyway, this statement "manga drawn by a 5 year old" is not right. There are worst drawers out there, trust me... ;)

One of them : Rozen Maiden Manga.
The only reason I bought it is because I love the Anime and got money to spare apart from got lazy reading online (short-attention span lately).

Personally, I still stick with prefering his Classic Series drawings than ND. ND improving but I still feel it lacks the "feel" of Classic Series and I'm taking it right now due to his lack of "practice" drawing SS characters and the series is meant to be in Color so certain aspects of Shadings etc usually used for Black-and-White images is lost when Colored Images are printed out into Black & White.

As for Anime, I agree with everyone that Hades : Sanctuary is GOOD.
For a Manga Purist like me, it married both Manga-Accuracy with Filler well (just like LC Anime storywise right now....except for Kagaho's wing).
IF Toei can replicate that "success" again, why not let them do it?

Oh, and please remember, not everyone fell for SS thru the Manga : Just ask the other members here and they will say they first saw the Anime especially for non-Chinese readers or those from countries that dun release the manga. Even among my SCM Collectors friends here, they only saw the Anime during their childhood and most haven't even read the Manga or plan to now.

Are they not true fans? Nah, they're fans as much as you and me just that they prefer to show thei fandom in other ways.

topaz989

• Silver Saint
  • Real Men Wear Pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 05:30:05 AM »
It could be the content itself. Classic Saint Seiya was gory compared to Next Dimension. The first issues had body parts and head decapitations all over the place. Now it looks like they toned down the graphic violence. I think the worse we got was when Ox died, but even then it was still fairly clean.

Mewzard

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 06:44:37 AM »
OK, let's take a step back, people...

Saint Seiya like many animes of the time had fillers because of catching up with manga if you think Seiya and DB was bad, watch Captain Tsubasa. A 90 min soccer game turned into 8 epsiodes!! 8!!

Anyway,

good Toei - made bad early Cloth designs into good ones
bad Toei - bad drawing quality. Watch some of the episodes of Milo vs Hyoga. OMG!!

good Toei - music, songs
bad Toei - weakass original characters development

good Toei - made the story dynamic
bad Toei - cut out the most important points of the story in the manga

For Hades Sanc

For Infer/Elys

Bad Toei - Lazy, didn't really draw, animate, just stand still image work

Overture

Horrible Toei - Fuck up a chance to make some great movies. (Look at Gundam Unicorn, Saint Seiya could have been that awesome!!!)

I agree Masami may have borrowed Asgard general plot for ND or LC but at the same time, he could had this ideas and just didn't reveal them...

Peace!! :)

The worst thing about Toei's early cloth designs were the fact that they were just giant animal heads. It was lazy, and goofy looking, even if most thongs cover more of the body than Kurumada's original bronze cloths <_<

And that was well thought out. Like I said, the anime had it's good points, but some of it's bad points ended up being leaving out things I found to be among my favorite after reading the manga.

And Kurumada's improving once again, just not quite to Hades levels yet. He spent years before he got there, so wait at least until he makes it to chapter 80 before doubting if he'll get there again, lol. And shading isn't necessarily lost due to coloring. 98% of American Comics that I read are in color, yet are well detailed. Despite being in color, most pencilers will shade, add detail, etc. You've just got to hope the inker and colorist can keep with those details, and not lose too many of them (the good inkers and colorists won't. Some pencilers even ink their own work to keep in as much detail as possible).

I know not everyone got into the series through the manga, but every fan should at least read through it fully once. It's the source of an enjoyable series, and worth any effort to read (months of tracking down every single out of print volume and ordering in the volumes still available. Worth the effort, easily.

Maybe Toei will have one of their golden moments. But as both a Dragon Ball, and a Saint Seiya fan, I do worry. Toei hasn't always exactly given these series the most consistent quality attention... <_<

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 08:42:39 AM »
It could be the content itself. Classic Saint Seiya was gory compared to Next Dimension. The first issues had body parts and head decapitations all over the place. Now it looks like they toned down the graphic violence. I think the worse we got was when Ox died, but even then it was still fairly clean.

Actually ND has the gory stuff. didn't yo see the image of Suisho being pulled to pieces?

I agree with Mewzard about the Cloths :D

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

SaintGermain

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »

For Hades Sanc

For Infer/Elys

wow, you summed it very good,.. and yes, I DEFINITELY agree about the drawing in Milo vs Hyoga,...I thought only I consider it bad.. recall now I think that's why the reason I don't like Milo that time.. maybe it was the most pity of all episodes.. too bad since it is important scene...  :(

Hades Sanc is just GREAT... when I saw it, go speechless.. and then... comes Inferno and Elysion.. I found it quite a bit boring, for honest..I didn't watch the whole of Inferno.. -_-"

Hope ND will be as good as we expect then.. since maybe hard to tell when we see SS animated again..

Any information who will drawing ND ? I hope the same guys that doing SS series,... no offense for LC anime, it just I like in SS better - just a matter of taste.. :)