Author Topic: Fairy Tail  (Read 8124 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: Fairy Tail
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 01:20:44 PM »
I have no idea because I'm way behind on Fairy Tail; I really need to catch up.

RobertG22

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 02:45:20 PM »
He *was* evil. He created, perhaps indirectly, Aconologia, the dragon of the Apocalypse, which I think is gently hinted to be strong enough to wipe out most of humanity. He "birthed", through Living Magic, apparently thousands of demons, like the one in the flute thing, and the one that Grey's master tried to kill. It's also implied he slaughtered thousands of people through the years.

But that doesn't seem to be the case now. He "learned the value of life", and that's turned him into what he is now.  As long as he remembers that, he is in control of himself. Also, I vaguely remember something about how, in ancient times, he was "cursed" by someone or something.

[spoiler]
He also has a history of some sort with Mavis, he wrote the Books of Zeref, filled with the darkest magics known, which basically gave birth to the Tartarus guild, and has stated to Mavis he intends to try and wipe out the human race to force Fairy Tail to kill him, believing Natsu is the only one strong enough to do so. [/spoiler]

Celyddon

• Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »
'Evillest'?  No.  I'd probably give that title to Master Jose or Nalpudding.  Possibly even to one of the Tartaros clan, but we haven't seen enough of them yet.  Kyouka and Sayra are pretty damn evil.  Even Minerva would give one of them a run for their money.  No, Zeref isn't anywhere close to the most evil.

Flute demon = Lullaby
Gray's demon = Deliora

I think Zeref doesn't want to kill himself; he wants someone else to do it for him and release him of the burdens of the world.  Is he a victim?  No, not really, though he seems to have the mentality of one.  If only Acnologia had been able to finish him off back in the day on Tenroujima...

RobertG22

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
Eh, I'd say Zeref *is* a victim, of his own darkness. He was apparently the Great Satan in Ye Olden Days, and now he has a conscience. He couldn't redeem himself, the entire world fears him and despises him. Even if he killed off the Tartarus Guild and the Black Dragon with one hand, the Magic Council would still want him dead. There's no point, but to do what I said in my spoiler tag.

Celyddon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »
I will respectfully disagree.  :)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 01:27:48 AM »
Hmm...but what about Acnologia,he was a human first . If I remember correctly he was one of the very first Dragon Slayers and then turned into dragon (which also got me thinking, was Igneel as well as the other dragons ,Dragon Slayers that turned into dragons?) with Zeref's help (indirectly).

Also since you mentioned Mavis I always wondered why she and Zeref look like kids(immortality?). Is this also another thing that connects these two?

P.S I think I forgot a few important  events and I hate to reread it up to this point so if you guys can refresh my memory that would be great.

RobertG22

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 01:59:23 AM »
We don't know how exactly Aconologia became a dragon, although it probably had to do with him bathing in the blood of the dragons he killed. It's not stated why he and his comrades suddenly turned against the dragons(He and the other DS were originally on the side of coexistence), but I think Zeref controlled them, and probably was casting spells as  the Dragon King(As Aconologia would be later known) bathed and continued to kill. Why? Who the heck knows. The other current generation of dragons was probably not created the same way. Zeref is stated as being immortal, hence his appear. Mavis can't be immortal....she's already dead. Probably just aged well.

Try the Fairy Tail Wikia. Unlike the main Wikipedia and the SS Wikia, it's pretty darn accurate.

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 02:57:50 AM »
Mavis can't be immortal....she's already dead. Probably just aged well.

I know that she is dead but the fact that she was the first guild master and has the appearance of a child made me think of that possibility. I meant immortal as in never age thing can never die as long as someone doesn't kill them. Also her cause of death was never mentioned which is why I think that she may be  immortal as well.

Celyddon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
New anime episodes returned today!!!  I watched the premiere, and I wasn't disappointed.

The new style of the characters actually didn't look much different than the old ones (Erza did look noticeably different the way they drew her hair, but that's all), and it picked up right where it left off in episode 175.

The new episodes are showing Saturdays at 10:30am on TV Tokyo.  They're still in the middle of Daimato Enbu.

RobertG22

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2014, 08:58:59 PM »
Damn, it's already subbed and up on the stream site I use. That's wicked fast. My BF has been waiting forever for this to restart. He needs to hurry up and get home so we can watch.

Celyddon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2014, 09:02:03 PM »
Wait...it's already SUBBED???  It's been less than three hours since drop!  Even Omega wasn't subbed that fast.  I'll have to look for it.

RobertG22

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2014, 09:10:52 PM »
It's on GoGo Anime, that's the one I normally use. AnimeFreak probably has too. (Both are fine sites, I've never had any issue with them)

Celyddon

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »
I found it on AniLinkz.  Thanks for the heads up!  This arc will be good.  (Plus, I'd love to get more perspective shots on the Nakagami no Yoroi later on...for cosplay purposes)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
Eww... streaming sites.  Torrents are where it's at, yo.

RobertG22

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2014, 11:25:28 AM »
I prefer streams if they are in good quality, that way I'm not constantly downloading shit and deleting it when I'm finished with it.