Author Topic: What are your fears?  (Read 6216 times)

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
Re: What are your fears?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
Things with lots and lots of legs crawing on me.  I always feel like they're gonna crawl inside of me and lay eggs.
People I don't know/don't like walking close behind me.  I get this terrible feeling like someone is going to kill me and I need to turn around and attack.  Even worse is when something is chasing me.  While that's only been stuff like wasps and bees, I still freak out.  I'm not even normally afraid of those things, either.
Government collapse.  While I'm pretty sure I can make it in a Road Warrior/Hokuto no Ken-style world (if it ever magically got that bad), I don't know about my friends or family.
Maggots.
People who I get the feeling can and will do anything.
Getting hurt bad enough to where I have to be hospitalized.  I have the usual fears (dying, etc...), but I have this horribly irrational fear that the hospital is gonna cart me off to a room back somewhere and do experiments on me.  I've also never had to be hospitalized before, so that's probably part of the reason.  I don't really have this same fear when loved one have to be hospitalized, though.
And, as has been said before in this thread, random noises in my house at night when everyone is asleep.  Aside from the fact that everyone might not wake up in time to help me if something happens, they wouldn't be able to really do anything unless they had a gun.

Ikki

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »
My biggest fear? (Not really)

kelvinwo

• Passionate youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
I have a fear of the dark which is primarily linked to my fear of blindness.

I also fear sharp objects to the point where if I so much as see a person with scizors I'm cautious around them.

(Come to think of it this makes my liking Banette very ironic)

aimc

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 06:42:29 PM »
Is it healthy to have any fear?
I don't seem to have any, maybe to death, but i find it convenient, as it mantains me with life (being cautious in train passways, cautious driving, etc)

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »
My fears...hmm losing my sight which is the most important sense to me (not that the other senses are not important but for me it' s the most valuable of all...). Also I guess I fear of losing an arm or a limb.

P.S no one should fear death it's something that is going to happen to all of us it's something unavoidable...unless you are an immortal xD.
Lastly things like dark, heights, depths,cockroaches(although I admit they give me goosebumps because look at how disgusting they look...),spiders  etc etc are not fears they are called phobias.

Thrudgelmir2333

• Bronze Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Writing with my heart, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 02:01:21 AM »
Heights is definitely a weakness, maybe a bit of claustrophobia, too. I also pretty much hate any running power tool.

I used to be afraid of dogs when I was a kid. I still don't like most dogs, but more due to personal taste than fear.

Finally, I always managed to submerge myself really well in the atmosphere horror games try to create, which is why I can't finish most of them. I've always been able to feel like I'm really there more than any of my friends so the jump scares and creepy stuff always had more effect on me.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 03:32:27 AM »
Maggots.

Noooo, maggots are a cute little creature. On the other hand, ants are the real fearsome and vicious killers. The red giant ones are especially scary...

Seiya

• Gold Saint
  • 絶対神オリンピック
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 03:53:29 AM »
1.Noooo, maggots are a cute little creature. On the other hand, ants are the real fearsome and vicious killers.

2.The red giant ones are especially scary...

1.Maggots are not cute as they look...especially when they infesting a fruit...or a wound or the butt of my cats..they are a real pain I took my cats to the vet so many times I have lost the count...

2. The fire ants? yes they are quite dangerous. You should kill em on sight if you ever see one....lol.

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 05:06:56 AM »

1.Maggots are not cute as they look...especially when they infesting a fruit...or a wound or the butt of my cats..they are a real pain I took my cats to the vet so many times I have lost the count...

2. The fire ants? yes they are quite dangerous. You should kill em on sight if you ever see one....lol.

1. I don't really have problem with them being in the fruits. I understand that they would look gross on a wound but any insects that walk across that place is in the same boat. Also, I have dogs and if any maggots happened to be near them... it's a kill on sight as with many other creatures, so they do gain a bit of sympathy point from me xD
So, I do like them and find them rather cute but that also depends on the species since it's a generalised term. Those parasitic ones for example are a different story, I would never want to be near them.

2. Yes, those as well but there are so many reddish giant ones that are absolutely horrifying, army and bullet ants, for examples. *shudder*

GVmanX

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Savior of Century's End
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »
Niello, you are a very peculiar person.  Granted, I rank maggots higher than dolphins.  They're far too rapey for my tastes.

As for ants, I just really, really hate fire ants.  Somehow, they got to the southern US some years ago and they just took over.

WotaYagi

• Silver Saint
  • 「これは運命だから」
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 07:19:23 PM »
P.S no one should fear death it's something that is going to happen to all of us it's something unavoidable...unless you are an immortal xD.
Lastly things like dark, heights, depths,cockroaches(although I admit they give me goosebumps because look at how disgusting they look...),spiders  etc etc are not fears they are called phobias.

I think early death is something a lot of people fear, rather than death in general.
Just a note that people can fear things like the dark, heights, depths, cockroaches, spiders, etc, and they are not necessarily a phobia. A phobia is pretty much a really intense (and a lot of the time considered irrational) fear of something. People who fear something would rather not have to deal with whatever it is that they fear, but can (sometimes) easily manage it if they have to, or if there's certain things in place. For example, my mum has a fear of snakes, and will not go anyway near a wild or unrestrained snake, but she can easily go into a pet shop and walk past the snakes in their enclosures. On the other hand, a phobia is a really intense fear of something, and can often interfere with people's lives. If someone has a phobia of something (or a situation), they will often do anything in their power to avoid encountering that thing or situation. Sometimes people with phobias who encounter the object or situation of their phobia will experience a panic attack, freeze up, or just run for their life. Sometimes they can handle it with a lot of anxiety and/or distress. I am an example of this, as I have a few phobias and they're all kinda linked to each other in some way. Some are worse than others, as some cause me to go into absolute panic mode whenever I encounter them, regardless of whether or not I anticipated it, and then there's some where if I knew it would be there beforehand, although full of anxiety, I can handle them.

Is it healthy to have any fear?

Sometimes fears are useful, as they warn us about possible dangers, and trigger the whole 'fight or flight' reaction that humans have. However, really irrational fears and phobias can sometimes be more of a hindrance rather than a help...

in regards to my own fears and phobias, some of them I'm not at all comfortable sharing (especially some of my worse ones), however I do fear fire and I generally recognise it as more of a phobia... I always freak out every summer because here in Australia we get a lot of bushfires every summer, and I think that might be part of the cause. Seeing panic-stricken people on the news who have fled their homes and more than likely lost close to everything is never good. Fears that I have that don't affect me all that much include early death, severe injury, loss of senses (especially sight) and losing my friends.
You can just call me Yagi.

[insert better signature here]

PimpLogic

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
Niello, you are a very peculiar person.  Granted, I rank maggots higher than dolphins.  They're far too rapey for my tastes.

Aren't most animal's rather rapey?

As for my fears,  hmmm only bugs that I don't kill on sight are lady bugs, butterfly's if they count, bee's, but almost all land bugs are set to auto kill for me. and of course Arachnids and things like silver fish all have to death if near me.

Giant flying cockroaches!!

Dying before I make something of myself.

Loosing a body part.

Also THE BLACKS!! JK

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 08:30:20 AM »
Niello, you are a very peculiar person.

I will gladly take that as a compliment xD

mez

• Silver Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 12:00:42 AM »
Don't have money
Future
Flying Cockroaches (as long they are not flying is ok, last time my friend showed me Madagascar cockroaches and they are pretty cute :3)

Noooo, maggots are a cute little creature. On the other hand, ants are the real fearsome and vicious killers. The red giant ones are especially scary...

Ew no, for me maggots is not scary indeed but disgusting :/ wiggle in the fruit and wound is just like....nope

Niello

• Acquired Seventh Sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 02:09:17 AM »
Ew no, for me maggots is not scary indeed but disgusting :/ wiggle in the fruit and wound is just like....nope

I still don't know why people find them disgusting inside fruits... is there not a world of animals out there that eat fruits?

About wounds thpugh, I'm tempted to mention about maggot therapy... is it controversial? yes, but are there uses for them? definitely.

To take it further - corpses. Yes... they are there, but because of that they are extremely useful in forensic science. Beside, let's said you put a cat near a corpse... would it look cute? Not really...

Anyway that's sort of my take on them :P