Author Topic: J-music  (Read 9239 times)

Shiraoi

J-music
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:18:41 AM »
If we have Seiyuu songs, I guess J-pop and J-rock can get their thread as well? Recommend your favorite bands, singers and songs. I'll start.

I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of hardcore VK bands, but liking something is possible. My favorite Jrock bands are Antic Cafe (they are Oshare Kei, actually), Kagrra, (I love Isshi's voice and the traditional feel their songs have. However, I can understand why people hate Isshi's voice and their songs are too sad to be on repeat all the time) and I like some songs of Alice Nine, Gazette, D'espairsRay (their Mirror album) and I recently got into 12012 because of their song Cyclone.

I'll list some of my favorite PV's since I'm too lazy to upload my favorites, I'll just link to Youtube.

Antic Cafe
I love this band for their colorfulness and happiness : D Well, they are Oshare Kei after all.. Oh, and the blonde person isn't a girl. It's Bou, a crostresser who used to be their guitarist but left the band recently. They now have two new members. Their last album, Magnya Carta has recently been released in Europe, so I hope to be able to pick it up when I'll visit my aunt in Hamburg <3

Bonds~Kizuna
Maple Gunman
Snow Scene
Escapism (a really cute video in which Miku (the vocalist) is sad and the others try to cheer him up <3)
Merrymaking (this PV is a must-see. It's probably the cutest one I've ever seen, it's so colorful and happy and the band members are doing funny things in it XD)

Kagrra,

They have quite unique style, you get that traditional Japanese feel from their songs. Isshi's voice range is very impressive, he sings high tones and that's why some people hate Kagrra,, saying that he sounds like an eunch. It has been said that once you've heard Kagrra,, you'll either love them or hate them, you can't be neutral. I didn't want to believe this, but then found myself loving the band about two hours after listening to Rin XD; Their lyrics are quite sad though.

Rin (my favorite song from Kagrra, and the second one I heard. Be warned of Isshi's pink outfit in the PV though)
Kotodama (my second favorite, after Rin. This song has this 'dark' feel and I'm impressed by that high note Isshi sings in it)
Shi, mi, me, yu, ki, sa, a (this song sounds a little different in the album version)
Sarasouju no Komoriuta (this song also has two versions and I like the other one better, I think. I've never wanted to listen to this song because it was too slow for my likings, but I was reminded of this after watching Saint Seiya Hades and it's one of my favorite Kagrra songs now <3)
Gekka Sousou

If you enjoy, more can come later, also I'm curious to hear about what bands would you recommend : D

By the way, here are some song uploads on Yousendit. Most of these songs I uploaded on my Livejournal when I was doing the music meme, but some were uploaded just for you : D

12012 - Cyclone (I'm totally in love with this song, I heard it yesterday and it makes me want more 12012 music.. Here is the PV on Youtube
Antic Cafe - Nyappy in the World 2 (the cutest song An Cafe ever produced and the first one of them I heard and it got me hooked. Sadly, it doesn't have a PV TT)
T.M. Revolution - Goin'
Ayumi Hamasaki - Game
Nanase Aikawa - Gozen 2ji no Koibito
Kagrra, - Gekka Sousou (I had it uploaded for the meme >D)
Alice Nine - Gradation
Alice Nine - Gokusai gokuiro gokudou uta
Ali Project - God Diva

The other three songs I had uploaded are seiyuu songs so I'll post them in that thread. Uh, and sorry for spamming you with all this stuff XD;

Shaka

• Virgo No Gold Saint
  • Global Moderator
  • Silver Saint with powerful Cosmo
  • Beyond Human...
    • View Profile
Re: J-music
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:28:55 AM »
 :shaka: I absolutely adore Shanadoo. their songs rock ^^ and all the videos I've seen so far were great too.

Prayer is the Peak of Love... and the End of Justice..

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:14:44 AM »
I'm sort of a newbie to J-pop/-rock, but I do like High and Mighty Color.   ;D

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:25:56 PM »
H&MC makes me happy.
Harem: Mu+Shaka+Aphrodite+Dohko+Kiki

Shiraoi

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 03:17:12 AM »
For High and Might Color, I've only heard two songs but I like Ichirin no Hana

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »
I much prefer PRIDE.

KnightSkyeメガン

• Saint of Cybertron
  • NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Daughter of Nyx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
I like PRIDE better too.   ^^

I also really love the song 'Selenite' by Rurutia.

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »
I like Rip-Slyme.

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 01:31:55 AM »
I'm more of a TM Revolution fan,
with Janne da Arc, Sunset swish not far behind
Then there's Utada Hikaru and See-Saw

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Shiraoi

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 04:03:08 AM »
T.M. Revolution? I like him as well, some of his songs are really nice to listen to once in a while.. Like.. Invoke, Albireo, Aqualovers, madan~der Freischutz, Ignited.. Oh, and what do you think about Abigndon Boys School then?

Tetsu Aero

• Administrator
  • Gold Saint
  • Proud Stalker of Basilisk no Sylphid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 06:07:14 AM »
Abingdon Boys is the best aswell! :D
Though i'm a little dissapointed that heir songs don't have as much speed as Takanori had in TMR

Silence is of great profit.
An abundance of speech profiteth nothing.

Shiraoi

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 08:39:54 AM »
Well,  I read somewhere that it was said in one interview that T.M. Revolution and ABS are 'two trains passing each other' or something like this.

Kuriboh

• NankH Staff
  • Gold Saint
  • Au Palais de Verre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »
I got SO sick of TMR after Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED: DESTINY finished airing,

Shiraoi

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »
Well, I never watched Gundam and I listen to TMR ocassionally, so I'm not bored of his songs, but this PV of his has to be one of the small group of videos that actually have plot and it shows, uh.. the difference between generations? The first time I watched it, I thought it was pure crack, but it seems that there is deeper message..

Steamrollers solve all - 無駄-駄!

• Acquired Seventh Sense
  • Za Warudo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 08:07:46 AM »
Well, I don't know much about J-Pop.

All I know is that this video caused me to love the Kosouku Sentai Power Ranger opening.

Harem includes: Hilda, Elly, Esmeralda, Morrigan Aensland, Lilith Aensland, Franziska von Karma, Adrian Andrews, Ema Skye, and Athena Asamiya
Shared: Minos, because HildaXMinos rocks
Adopted: Fenrir and Bud.
http://www.pixelscapes.com/sailornothing/ <- Not mine, but a holy grail amongst fiction.